Profile for A. Beasley > Reviews

A. Beasley

Renegades: The Progenitor Trilogy, Book Two
Renegades: The Progenitor Trilogy, Book Two

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 17 May 2011
Really enjoyed this, quite a long book although it didn't seem as long as the first in the series, like the other review said it ends on a cliff hanger which means I can't wait for the third book. Plenty of twists and turns and all the characters from the first book are there. If you enjoyed the first book in the series then I highly recommend this one.

My only complaint is the same as another review and that's the number of typo's.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Album, 3 Nov. 2008
This review is from: 11 (Audio CD)
Not his greatest album, but certainly not as bad as some of the reviews state, make sure you listen to it more than once, many of the songs grow on you.

Having been to see the live show, I've seen it mentioned that he only does a limited number of songs from this album and saying that obviously Bryan doesn't think this is a very good album, imagine if you went to his show and he didn't play any of the classics that we all love to hear!

Walk On BY is the stand out track for me and was performed in the live show, it was absolutely superb.

If your a fan of easy listening rock then I recommend this album.

Live!
Live!
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed, 18 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Live! (Audio CD)
Like the other reviewer, purchased it based on the wedding scene in "Old School" (Great film if you haven't seen it).

Simply put, The Dan Band tend to pick female songs and don't bother changing the words to suit a male vocal, also tend to add a few swear words here and there for fun.

If you like them from the film then I recommend it, otherwise I'd stay clear of it.

XtremeMac SportWrap for iPod Video - Black
XtremeMac SportWrap for iPod Video - Black
Offered by Tecnoplus

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but it does slip, 18 Oct. 2006
I agree with the previous reviewer that this product does indeed slip down the arm, however as i'm sure many of you run with bent arms it will stop abover your elbow, the material is designed to stop your ipod getting wet, this may be the reason that it slips down the arm.

I am of a skinny build and this band does fit securely round my arm, and there is no danger of it falling off.

I also agree that the headphone hole doesn't align properly, although amazon market this product for the ipod video, it appears as though it is designed for all ipods of this size, I never had one other than the video so I don't know if the headphone socket has a slightly different placement, however it hasn't proven to be a problem.

Stylin' with CSS: A Designer's Guide (Voices That Matter)
Stylin' with CSS: A Designer's Guide (Voices That Matter)
by Charles Wyke-Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide, 21 Dec. 2005
I manage websites for the company intrantet, and have found existing methods of controlling the layout rather difficult and time consuming.
I knew about CSS and had tried to pick up bits about it off the internet but struggled, so I decided to purchase this book.
It has been absolutley excellent, if you only need to learn css then this is ideal (I would highly recommend a basic knowledge of HTML), in less than a week I have completely converted my site to using a central CSS sheet, now it takes 30seconds instead of 8 hours to make a global change to something as simple as a font or header.
Highly recommend this book if you want to learn CSS

Egypt: How A Lost Civilisation Was Rediscovered
Egypt: How A Lost Civilisation Was Rediscovered
by Joyce Tyldesley

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Read, 21 Dec. 2005
Having recently started reading books about different aspects of history, this was a book that caught my eye.
I wasn't dissapointed either, to give you an overview of Egypt, and an idea of what it was like, then I think this is a very good starting place, it's well written and a fairly easy read for a complete Egyption novice like myself.
It has inspired me to find books that go into more detail, about some of the pioneers of Eygptology.