Profile for Mrs K Jarvis > Reviews

Priceless: My Autobiography
Priceless: My Autobiography
by Rodney Marsh

5.0 out of 5 stars The Entertainer, 17 Dec. 2002
I thoroughly enjoyed Rodney's frank openess about his childhood, the beatings, his parents and the way it has shaped his life. He is honest to the point that he does not feel the need to apologise for his honesty, he tells it as it is, black and white - no grey area.

Managing My Life: My  Autobiography: The Autobiography
Managing My Life: My Autobiography: The Autobiography
by Alex Ferguson
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars What Makes Him Tick, 17 Dec. 2002
A lot of people myself included do not know of Alex Fergusons early beginnings. It was interesting to read how he started at the bottom and worked his way up through sheer grit, determination and being able to nurture his players.

Blessed - The Autobiography
Blessed - The Autobiography
by George Best

5.0 out of 5 stars Time to Reflect, 17 Dec. 2002
A thoroughly good read where George has left no stone unturned, he tackled each part of his life story with honesty, has admitted that he is an alcoholic and finally prepared himself for major surgery. I'm sure there are many other tales to tell and maybe when he is fit again we will get a second helping.

Cloughie: Walking on Water My Life
Cloughie: Walking on Water My Life
by Brian Clough

4.0 out of 5 stars Making Amends, 17 Dec. 2002
This is the second Biography by Brian Clough, and in this book I feel he was trying to make amends with Peter Taylor, as so much praise (and rightly so) was heaped on him. It made me think that Brain has had time to reflect and realise that life is too short to hold grudges. Albeit a good read and an honest account as usual of the way he has dealt with things, why they never made him England manager we will never know.

Keane: The Autobiography
Keane: The Autobiography
by Roy Keane

5.0 out of 5 stars Brutally Honest, 17 Dec. 2002
I am so glad that Roy has put into words his own feelings on his playing career, family and Alex Ferguson. Others have just summised, this is the truth. A really wonderful read and it makes you understand the passion he has for Manchester United and wanting to win.