Profile for austin_train > Reviews

Content by austin_train

"austin_train"

"Doctor Who", Death Comes to Time (BBC Radio Collection)
"Doctor Who", Death Comes to Time (BBC Radio Collection)
by Sylvester McCoy
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars A sense of disappointment, 6 Mar. 2006
I finally got around to adding this to my collection of DW audio cd's a few weeks ago. I didn't read any of the reviews before but probably would have bought it anyway...
It's great to listen to a story that's been produced specifically for radio / audio and not a TV recording with narration. It's well-produced, the cast are great - John Sessions is clearly having a great time hamming it up outrageously as the badguy - and, sadly that's about as positive as I can be.
The story, after a good start, turns out to be disappointingly weak and the quasi-religious / mythological overtones grate horribly with everything I've ever known about the "Whoniverse". Overall I found myself annoyed by this CD - a fantastic opportunity for the BBC to issue a brand new DW adventure and continue the story outside of the TV series has been wasted. As stated elsewhere, if you want new audio stories stick with the Big Finish Cd's!