Profile for MR S. > Reviews

MR S.

Dua Lipa [Exclusive Signed Coloured Vinyl]
Dua Lipa [Exclusive Signed Coloured Vinyl]

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant first album!, 2 Aug. 2017
Great album. Only problem was that one of the vinyl records arrived cracked. Amazon instantly refunded me, but the item was out of stock so no replacement...

Dua Lipa makes some incredibly catchy tunes and the album feels very coherent.

MoKo Case for iPad Pro 10.5 Inch - Slim Lightweight Smart-shell Stand Cover with Translucent Frosted Back Protector for Apple iPad Pro 10.5 Inch 2017 Released Tablet, Space GRAY (Auto Wake / Sleep)
Offered by MoKoDirect EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money iPad case, 2 Aug. 2017
Great value for money and the cover feels high quality. Only downside is that the plastic on the back feels a little bit rough (but possibly aids grip)

The Wild Peanut Ooh Chilli Peanut Butter 340 g (Pack of 6)
The Wild Peanut Ooh Chilli Peanut Butter 340 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing peanut butter with a slight kick!!, 12 Sept. 2016
Really well made peanut butter which has enough chilli in it to make your lips tingle, but not overpowering. Lovely texture and not too cloying. Needs a good stir first time as the oil will separate from the peanuts.

Totally addictive!!

Barista & Co Milk Jug, Electric Steel, 350 ml
Barista & Co Milk Jug, Electric Steel, 350 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Better looking than your average milk jug, but costs a few pounds more..., 7 May 2016
Very stylish looking milk jug - just a bit different from the usual chrome jugs. Looks well made and does the job, especially if your steam pipe isn't very long (as is the case with my Delonghi Delica espresso machine).

Bowers & Wilkins (P5 S2) P5 Series 2 Headphones - Black
Bowers & Wilkins (P5 S2) P5 Series 2 Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes music to a new level!, 28 Nov. 2014
My previous earphones were Atomic Floyd AirJax, which are beautiful, but slightly fiddly to use and I struggle to find a comfortable fit. So, I decided to upgrade to the B&W P5 Series.

Having previously thought that the Airjax produced very clear sound, my view of them has changed having used the B&W's for a week. I use my iPhone for music on the go and with the B&W I am hearing new sounds and layers in songs that I have listened to previously and never noticed before.

These are the best headphones I have ever used. They are not cheap, but they have enhanced my music experience beyond my high expectations.

Anker 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh 2-Port (3A Output) Fast Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)
Anker 2nd Gen Astro E4 13000mAh 2-Port (3A Output) Fast Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air 2 Mini 3, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note Tab, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black)

4.0 out of 5 stars Well built, and great charging capacity, 30 Oct. 2014
Well priced charger. In the short time I have owned this it has easily managed 3 charges of an iphone and can almost fully charge an ipad.

Well made, although does feel quite heavy compared to other chargers I considered before buying this one.

All This Bad Blood
All This Bad Blood

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my cup of tea...., 18 Mar. 2014
This review is from: All This Bad Blood (Audio CD)
I bought this after the Brit Awards, but there are only 2-3 decent songs on here. The rest is very average.

Sorry Bastille fans!

The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack]
The Bones Of What You Believe [Digipack]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pop album, 18 Mar. 2014
Great retro synths and a lovely Scottish vocal. Great 21st century pop music that is great to listen to at home or in the car!

Salter Ultra Slim Body Fat Analyser Bathroom Scales
Salter Ultra Slim Body Fat Analyser Bathroom Scales

3.0 out of 5 stars Some of the functionality is a bit hit and miss, 18 Mar. 2014
Lovely looking scales. However, I have really struggled to get the other data to display (e.g. BMI index and water retention levels). I have read other posts which suggest you have to have wet feet to ensure the electrical current passes through your body. I've used it twice immediately after stepping out of the shower and all the measurements have been displayed. However, on several other occasions I have only been able to obtain the reading for my weight when my feet have been dry.

Thankfully, I got this for £10 on special offer so I can't complain too much.

WD 3TB  My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0030HWT-EESN
WD 3TB My Cloud Personal Network Attached Storage - NAS - WDBCTL0030HWT-EESN

4.0 out of 5 stars A great NAS for a first timer, 2 Mar. 2014
I cautiously bought a WD My Cloud 3TB, having seen the mixed reviews of the product. I had also considered a QNAP TS-220 and Synology DS213, given they have a 2 bay set up, which allows for a mirrored back-up to be created. However, whilst I'm comfortable with most consumer technology, I didn't want something where the user experience becomes too complicated and I didn't want to buy a product where I am only using 10% of the functionality.

I eventually settled on the WD My Cloud NAS as the user interface focused on the important things and was well laid out and set up was supposed to be relatively easy. Also, my main purpose was to have a network where my pictures and documents could be stored off my laptop and my music could be streamed to my Sonos system. By hosting these files on the My Cloud I could then free up space on my laptop.

The set up was straightforward, but it took about 4 hours to transfer approx. 320GB of music, photos and document files to the NAS. After that, it was simple to change the location for where ripped CD are stored via iTunes and where Sonos would search for music to stream.

I have so far had no connection problems and the WD app is useful to access files away from home.

Bottom line: it's a simple product for consumers who don't want to worry too much about customisation, complex tasks and have limited requirements to share files with others. The main thing to bear in mind is that regular back-ups of the My Cloud to an external drive are required (assuming you don't have the same files on your PC/laptop) as it not possible to recover data on the My Cloud if it stops working for whatever reason. Therefore, you need to budget for an extra £100 for the external drive if you don't have one already.