Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for A Smile and a Wave > Reviews

Burt's BeesUltimate Care Hand Cream, 50g
Burt's BeesUltimate Care Hand Cream, 50g

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeling right, 27 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have tried many hand creams but there are only a handful which I’m happy with. My hard-working hands suffer with dry skin and it takes a great hand cream to keep them in good condition. I’ve used quite a few products from Burt’s Bees and have a good opinion of them so was keen to see how their hand cream compared. I’m pleased to say that it is very, very good. It’s a fairly rich cream and feels nice to apply, but isn’t oily like many creams are. Instead it just feels soft and soaks into the skin, without any stickiness or greasiness which is important to me. I love the fact that after using my skin just feels ‘right’. Those who also suffer with dry skin will know what I mean, but I can only describe it by saying that my after using this my hands don’t actually feel dry, and they don’t feel like I’ve just applied a lotion either – they just feel like perfect, healthy hands.

SKIN&CO Roma Sicilian Body Lotion 230 ml
SKIN&CO Roma Sicilian Body Lotion 230 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Premium body lotion, 27 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first time I’ve tried a product from Skin&Co, and I must admit that I do like the classic, tasteful packaging. This is a premium body lotion and in many ways it is excellent; it is lovely to use as it’s just the right consistency for applying and I find that the lotion is easily absorbed, and leaves my skin soft. There isn’t any greasiness or stickiness afterwards either, so it’s perfect for applying before getting dressed. The perfume is light but to be honest it’s not to my taste, and is the only thing that I don’t like about the lotion, hence only four stars but otherwise it is lovely.

Scotch Extra Resistant Packaging Tape 50mm x 66m (E5066S6) - 1 roll
Scotch Extra Resistant Packaging Tape 50mm x 66m (E5066S6) - 1 roll

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and strong, 25 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Something that’s often taken for granted with tapes like this is that they won’t tear across whilst you’re trying to use them, but having used quite a few cheap tapes I have encountered too many that do just that. This packing tape has behaved perfectly for me and hasn’t done that at all, but it has managed to stick well. I’ve found it to be very strong too, and have no qualms in recommending it. I do think that it’s expensive but then if you want the best you usually have to pay more for it.

AmazonBasics USB Type C to USB A 2.0 Male Cable - 9 feet (2.7 Meters) - White
AmazonBasics USB Type C to USB A 2.0 Male Cable - 9 feet (2.7 Meters) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 25 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have a good number of AmazonBasics products including many cables, and find that they are generally of very good quality, and in many cases at least as good as the expensive brands. This cable is up to that usual standard and is well made; it fits my connectors easily and works perfectly. I have no reservations in recommending it.

Triplast 10 x 12-Inch Plastic Mailing Postal Bag - Grey (Pack of 100)
Triplast 10 x 12-Inch Plastic Mailing Postal Bag - Grey (Pack of 100)

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 25 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These bags are very lightweight, but are still very strong. I've found them to be very resistant to tearing, and it's only sharp edges which seem to damage them. I like that the built-on sticky strip is extremely good at sticking - once it's pressed down there's no shifting it without ripping the bag. I tend to use sticky tape to fix address labels and that has worked well too, although as there's no padding in the bags it's been necessary to use some bubble wrap with some of the contents but on the whole I've been impressed with this product.

AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Type C to Type C Cable - 3 feet (0.9 Meters) - White
AmazonBasics USB 2.0 Type C to Type C Cable - 3 feet (0.9 Meters) - White

5.0 out of 5 stars No reservations in recommending this cable, 22 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have quite a few AmazonBasics products including a number of their cables, and to be fair they are generally of very good quality and in many cases at least as good as the best brands. This cable is up to that usual standard and is well made; it fits my connectors easily and works perfectly. I have no reservations in recommending it.

Triplast 10 x 14-Inch Plastic Mailing Postal Bag - White (Pack of 100)
Triplast 10 x 14-Inch Plastic Mailing Postal Bag - White (Pack of 100)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 22 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have often received products in this type of packaging but for some reason hadn't used them myself until now. I wish I'd started earlier as they bags are surprisingly good, and so much easier to use thanks to the built-on sealing strip. The bags themselves are very lightweight, but are still very strong. I've found them to be very resistant to tearing, and it's only sharp edges which seem to damage them. I like that the sticky strip is extremely good at sticking - once it's pressed down there's no shifting it without ripping the bag. Obviously, there's no padding in the bags so it's been necessary to use some bubble wrap with some of the contents but on the whole I've been very impressed with this product.

Ultratec smartphone protective cover for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in synthetic leather, with stand function and inner compartments, pink

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 19 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For a budget case this one is quite good in terms of appearance and quality. I like the look of the synthetic leather and it is quite hard wearing too, although my baby pink case is prone to showing dirt. The plastic tray which holds the actual phone doesn’t look as good and although it does a decent job of holding it firmly, I don’t like that the phone’s power button is covered by plastic since in this case it seems harder to use and is less responsive. However, there are cut-outs for the connectors which do work well.

L'Oreal Paris Brow Xpert, Number 105, Brunette
L'Oreal Paris Brow Xpert, Number 105, Brunette

5.0 out of 5 stars I will definitely be buying it again, 19 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have really taken to using this product from L’Oréal. It has a soft (but firm) brush for preparing the eyebrows before colouring, and a shaped applicator which I find easy to use and which maintains its angled shape during use. I find it very easy to use and I like that my brunette stick is the perfect colour match for my hair. Although this one is a little more expensive than my usual choice I will definitely be buying it again.

Scotch Reclosable Hook and Loop Fasteners - Super Strong Adhesive Backing - White - 24 Per Pack - Each Hold 1/2 lb - 19 mm Diameter

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm very pleased with them, 19 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In the past I have bought and used this sort of product in strips of tape rather than individual pairs of patches, and I have to say that this is a very convenient way of using it. The pack consists of 24 pairs of tabs and I have found that they do stick well to most surfaces, offering a good strong bond which is obviously important with a product like this. It pays to be careful if you’re using them to hold heavier items or things which are oddly shaped, but with some practice I’ve managed to use them for everything I wanted to so far and am very pleased with them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20