Profile for Amlor87 > Reviews

Content by Amlor87

Amlor87 "amlor87"

American Outlaws: The Highwaymen Live
American Outlaws: The Highwaymen Live

5.0 out of 5 stars bit disappointed that it's only 3 of 4 discs of the ..., 17 Jun. 2016
I downloaded the MP3 version, bit disappointed that it's only 3 of 4 discs of the physical copy, I don't think it's been released on vinyl, so I didn't bother paying the extra £24 for the 4xcd box set.
As for the music, then this is really where the 5* review has come from! Every track of the 46 is a real belter, even the tracks that are duplicated
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2016 4:37 PM BST

The Endless River [VINYL]
The Endless River [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstandingly brilliant, 7 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The Endless River [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Unsure at first what to expect, received the album (vinyl), played it once and thought it was ok. After now playing it several times, I can safely say it's up there and maybe in front of Division Bell and Momentary Lapse..
It's a chillout album of epic proportions, something I had been willing PF to make for over 20yrs.
The only downside to buying the vinyl format of the album, is you don't get the 3 bonus tracks, if which the final track Nervana, is probably the stand out track of the whole set. But you do get the free mp3 download.
All in all one of two of my favourite releases this year (Opeth - Pale Communion the other) and surely I will be playing this for many years to come.
Well done lads, rekindling my interest in all things Pink Floyd.

Extra Curricular
Extra Curricular

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong purchase, 14 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Extra Curricular (MP3 Download)
Bought in error, haven't bothered listening to it. Don't think you can return mp3s? Luckily track I wanted was cheaper

The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Club Volume 2
The Craig Charles Funk & Soul Club Volume 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep the faith!, 17 Feb. 2014
Both CD vol.1 and CD vol.2 are just amazing! The only downside is that there are only 2 volumes (up-to-now) CC has signed up for three.
Really good to hear of people bringing out compilation albums with no filler.
Every track on both CD's is a killer, believe me when you start to bop, you wont stop!
Roll on CCsoulandfunkshow Vol.3
Seldomly are compilation albums on my faves list, but these two are right up there!

Priscilla Queen of the Desert - The Musical [Original Australian Cast Recording]

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 April 2009
The most amazing feelgood soundtrack I have in my collection.
Yes, It's cheesy and yes, the tracks are mostly sang in a theater prodction style, but I only have to hear the opening 2 tracks and a bad day feels great!
My highlights are, the opening, the end track and all of the bits in between! I love it!