Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop now
Profile for Mrs. G. R. Baldwin > Reviews

Content by Mrs. G. R. Baldwin

Mrs. G. R. Baldwin (Spalding LIncolnshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Esprit MOTIV-8 Exercise Spin Bike Fitness Cardio Weight Loss Machine (Red)
Esprit MOTIV-8 Exercise Spin Bike Fitness Cardio Weight Loss Machine (Red)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fitness bike, 15 Jan. 2017
This bike arrived very fast. I like the fact that it is quite heavy, which makes it very stable. I also like that it has a wheel that spins round as I cycle. which makes it look much more like a real bicycle. I use it for about 15 minutes day. I bought it as I am trying to follow the Michael Mosley advice in his Blood Sugar Diet book and TV programs. I have only had the cycle a few days but I feel that it is helping with my losing weight and getting fit campaign. I really do not have anything bad to say about this product, as I am very pleased I chose the right one. I think it is very good value for money.

Forever Young Ladies Blonde Wig long Razor Cut Face Framing Wig
Forever Young Ladies Blonde Wig long Razor Cut Face Framing Wig
Offered by Forever Young UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 July 2016
Lovely colour and very silky. I shall enjoy wearing it.

Kalyss Women's Medium Long Size Blonde Color Straight Flat Hair Bangs Heat-resisit Full Hair Wigs
Offered by Kalyss

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love this wig, 3 Feb. 2016
I really love this wig. It is very good value for money, lovely and light to wear.but very full hair, so even if it does shed a few hairs it doesn't matter too much. The colour is lovely, I like the almost white ends, and I am amazed at the cheap price. It costs less than a trip to the hairdresser, and I can now have a GOOD HAIR DAY every day. What's not to like? I cannot understand why some people have given it such negative reviews..
The service was very good too, and it did arrive the next day.If you are looking for a shoulder length bob. I recomend this. The ends will either turn under or flick out, either way looks nice and very natural.Someone asked me where I went to get my hair done as she liked the style, I told her the best things in,life are not free, but very reasonably priced from AMAZON.!

Flowers on Main (A Chesapeake Shores Novel, Book 2)
Flowers on Main (A Chesapeake Shores Novel, Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars It is good to find a new author who writes this type ..., 3 Feb. 2016
This is the second title in the Chesapeake bay series,the first is the Inn INN AT EAGLE POINT..It is a little predictable, but very enjoyable nevertheless, I am a Nora Roberts fan, and this series reminds me a lot of some of her books. It is good to find a new author who writes this type of story, and there are plenty more of hers to read too.. Best to start with the first one in the series, as you get to know the characters bettter

Kipling Womens Gabbie Shoulder Bag Crimson
Kipling Womens Gabbie Shoulder Bag Crimson

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this Gabbie bag, 3 Feb. 2016
I love this Gabbie bag! I have bought other Kipling bags in the past, and used them for a long time, but this is the best one yet.. It has so many pockets and compartments that it is very easy to organize all the stuff I seem to have to carry around with me, and there is still space left for little items of shopping. If you need to carry a Kindle and/or tablet, a large diary, a bulky purse, umbrella, hairbrush, tissues, make up, contact lens solution, mobile phone, a large bunch of keys and half a ton of other assorted junk, this is the bag for you. I particularly like the key chain, it is just the right length so your keys do not end up buried underneath everything else. and it comes in so many nice colours too.. I bought the deep red one, and I think I might get the bright blue one soon.

TENDENZE Curb Chain Bracelet, 18ct Rose Gold Doublé, 5mm Length 23cm/9.06", Directly From The Italian Factory
Offered by Bella-Italia

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very pleased with it, 15 July 2015
Lovely bracelet, I am very pleased with it, and plan to buy a matching necklace very soon.

A Week in Winter
A Week in Winter
by Maeve Binchy

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great book from Maeve Binchy, 3 Mar. 2013
This review is from: A Week in Winter (Hardcover)
I have read and loved all Maeve Binchy's books, and I enjoyed this last one very much. There were lots of new characters in it, a a few of the ones from other books were mentioned. The writer has a wonderful way of painting a picture of her characters and the places where they live, so you feel you know them, and would recognise them if you met them in the street. The book features lots of unrelated characters who are all together for the opening of a new hotel on the west coast of Ireland. There are no earth shattering events, just normal day to day problems, but Maeve writes it all so beautifully, that you really start to care about the people in the book, and when that happens, you can't put it down, and finish it in a very short time. If you love Maeve Binchy's books, this one will not disappoint.

A Big Little Life
A Big Little Life
by Dean Koontz

5.0 out of 5 stars Dean Koontz as you have never read him before, 3 Mar. 2013
This review is from: A Big Little Life (Paperback)
I read this book myself a couple of years ago, and recently bought a copy for my friend's birthday. The first Dean Koontz book I ever read was Watchers, and after the first few pages I was totally hooked as by the way he wrote about the special Golden Retriever, I just knew he had a dog like that himself, This book A Big Little Life is about his own retriever Trixie Kooontz. The way he writes is brilliant, laugh out loud funny at times, and there are bits that make you cry too. This is probably the best dog book I have ever read. I lent it to another friend a few years ago. She had never read any Dean Koontz books, and she does not even like dogs, but she loved this book, it made her cry, and encouraged her to read some of Dean's horror fiction, which she also enjoyed. If you love Dogs, you have to read this book!

Fusion Digital FVRT200 Digital Set Top Box and HDD Recorder
Fusion Digital FVRT200 Digital Set Top Box and HDD Recorder

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Magic Box, 3 Jun. 2006
I persuaded my husband to buy this box for me for my birthday. I have it linked to a 17" widescreen LCD TV in my den, and find it really handy for recording all my favourite programmes so I never have to miss anything. The set up was unbelievably simple. You literally plug it in, switch on, and the box just gets on with finding all the channels and downloading the programme guide. It comes with quite a comprehensive booklet, but the operation is so easy you hardly need to refer to it. Recording is simple, just highlight the programme you want to record from the programme guide, two buttons to press and then it's ready to go as soon as the programme starts. You can record as many different channels as you like as the box switches from one to another, unlike a SKY box linked to a VCR, and you can record two different channels at the same time. You can also watch something you recorded earlier, while recording a different programme. The 80 Gig hard drive apparent holds 80 hours of recordings, so if you don't have time to watch things straight away, you can keep them indefinitely as you do not run out of space. The programmme guide gives you a synopisis of the programme, so browsing the channels is easy, and the same applies to the Library in which your recordings are stored, you get a few lines to tell you what happens, and even a few sample thumbnail scenes, so you can start watching at the point you want.There are fast forward and fast rewind, pause and play buttons, just like a DVD player, and also interactive functions. I am really thrilled with this magic box! My husband was so envious when he saw how brilliant it was that he wanted one too for his study, and when his freeview box conveniently malfunctioned it was a great excuse for him to get one for himself.It has made life so much easier as we both like different types of programmes, and now we never have to fight to get the remote control.There was just one slight problem the first day it was plugged in as all the channels were there, but we were not getting channel 4. However, by the next day it was there, and all has been fine since then. I cannot recommend this device too highly. It is worth more than it's weight in gold!

Green Dolphin Country
Green Dolphin Country
by Elizabeth Goudge

5.0 out of 5 stars FINDING A BOOK I READ 40 YEARS AGO, 25 Nov. 2005
This review is from: Green Dolphin Country (Hardcover)
I first read Green Dolphin Country about forty years ago. I loved it so much, that I re-read it several times, until my paperback copy fell to pieces. Sadly it is now out of print, but thanks to a market place seller I can now enjoy the story again. The story is of two sisters who both love the same man. He loves one sister, but because of a mix up with their names he marries the other. It is an adventure set in Victorian times of a woman travelling from her home in Guernsey to New Zealand to be with the man she loves and finding great happiness and sorrow, and finally forgiveness when she is re-united with her sister many years later. The details of New Zealand are not very realistic, but it's a great read anyway
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2010 2:09 PM BST