Profile for B. Ward > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bushwick
Bushwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me gripped from beginning to end, 7 Sept. 2017
This review is from: Bushwick (Amazon Video)
I have always been a big fan of long takes, and the way this is filmed and directed is just awesome. The camera follows our protagonists through every minute of the action. What cuts there are are meant to be seamlessly, and for the most part they're done very well. The idea being it all being more "in the moment", and it works. The action is very realistic. We care about the characters because they're us - the every-man, just trying to survive in a violent situation. Dave Batista is awesome. A very well made action thriller.

Silent Nights Anti Snore Mouth Guard - Stop Teeth Grinding - Superior Mouth Guard - BPA FREE - Satisfaction Guaranteed
Offered by Impressive Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but it actually works!, 3 Sept. 2017
Cheaper than most the others on Amazon but hey it's just as good! Easy to follow instructions for moulding to the shape of your own teeth. And keeps your jaw forward enough to allow air to pass through your throat without snoring. Well worth the cheap price.

FREETOO Luggage Scale Portable Digital Travel Suitcase Scales Weights with Tare Function for Travel Outdoor Home 110 lb/ 50KG Capacity Red
Offered by Freetoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 3 Sept. 2017
Simple to use and seems very accurate compared to airport weighing machine results.

Better Off Dead: (Victor the Assassin 4)
Better Off Dead: (Victor the Assassin 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars The series is turning into brainless action-fest, 1 Sept. 2017
I started off loving this series, with all its insights into the world of an assassin and how his mind works. While it still has that, there's nothing here that gets your mind working. It's just your typical action movie in book form. There's really very little plot, and far too much action when you're not invested enough in the characters behind it. Heck I love action as much as any man. But even I ended up skipping through a couple of pages of the end fight because I'd just had enough action already and wanted the conclusion.
I really hope the next one has a more interesting and original story otherwise I might stop reading these.

Kiss Of The Dragon
Kiss Of The Dragon
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazon Video (digital) copy really doesn't look HD at all. Shame as I love the movie., 17 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Kiss Of The Dragon (Amazon Video)
Really not sure why the digital version quality is so poor. It's like watching an upscaled SD copy. Certainly doesn't look HD at all. Lucky I bought it on sale for £4 otherwise I'd be asking for my money back. Great movie however. Top action and surprisingly emotional.

Hell House LLC
Hell House LLC
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the few genuinely well made found footage horrors. Very chilling., 17 Aug. 2017
This review is from: Hell House LLC (Amazon Video)
As with all the best ones, it's a slow burner. But give it time and it gets progressively creepier and creepier. Some genuine goose-bump chills. Very well made and great take on the found footage genre.

The Asylum
The Asylum

2.0 out of 5 stars Average at best, 27 July 2017
This review is from: The Asylum (Amazon Video)
35 minutes in and I've given up. It's just not scary, and not gripping when it's trying to be. Why oh why did they film this in daylight? An abandoned asylum is a perfect creepy place for a horror movie (just look at Grave Encounters), but only when it's dark. Would have been much creepier if it was set at night time.

2x ZedLabz hardened compatible replacement TPU controller analog thumbsticks thumb grip stick for Sony PS4 Playstation 4 repair part - black
Offered by ZedLabz Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit my Scuf perfectly. I love them! Couldn't wish for better, 17 July 2017
At this bargain price and reading other positive reviews, I thought I'd give them a shot. I have a Scuf controller, which has 2 very long analogue sticks I wanted replacing with smaller size. These fit perfectly. I was expecting them to be uncomfortable after half an hour, but they are great! Yes they are hard material, but the design and the texture make them feel very comfortable with use, and even with my soft thumbs they don't ache even after a few hours gaming. And they don't have rubber that easily wears away in time as with the PS4 official controllers. Definitely recommended.

3 Pack Screen Protector for Nintendo Switch 6.2" Tablet Screen By Mibote
3 Pack Screen Protector for Nintendo Switch 6.2" Tablet Screen By Mibote
Offered by Mibote-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 17 July 2017
Easy to fit. Great quality. Everything you need included, including a cloth to clean your screen before applying. Absolute bargain at this price!

Venom Universal In-Ear Stereo eSports Gaming Headset (Switch / PS4 / Xbox One/ Xbox 360 / PSP / PC / Mac)

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideally would like a higher volume, but great for the price otherwise, 17 July 2017
Very comfy and have very good quality audio. Other reviews state the audio isn't particularly good on the bass, but I reckon they aren't using the correct size grommets for their ears. 3 different sizes are included, and I have used the largest for my ears, making sure they fill my ear canals completely so no sound can escape. This gives the fullest bass possible, and there is plenty with these. Enough certainly to give satisfying explosions and gun fire from my gaming. My over-ear phones made my ears ache after an hour's gaming, but with these there was no uncomfortable ache at all. I could happily play for hours with these. It's also handy having the buttons on the cable for mic mute and audio volume.
However this leads me to my one and only negative - the volume, or rather lack of. On maximum, I can hear everything fine. It's just I'm so used to having louder volume from my over-ear phones. So just be wary - if you like it loud, you're going to have to look elsewhere. But hey, maybe these will stop me going deaf in 10 years time :D
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2017 11:06 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5