Profile for Stuart Ayre > Reviews

Content by Stuart Ayre

Stuart Ayre

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Heaven Scent, 22 July 2011
I first tried this variety of incense some time ago and obtained from a Buddhist Centre in Scotland. Over a period of time I have experimented with numerous varieties, ranging from expensive to cheap. Most of the latter I have found fairly non-descript but even some of the very expensive brands are less than inspiring. Nag Champa is an Indian incense and of all those I have tried by far the most pungent. If what you want is the strong heavenly scent of incense all around the home then this fits the bill. This bundle of twelve packs is exceptional value and is very well packaged. The fragrance hits you you immediately you open the box. As it it so strong a scent it may be wise to try a small pack first, then if you love it as much as I do, go for this high value package.

Kingston DataTraveler 101 G2 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black
Kingston DataTraveler 101 G2 16 GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars How much smaller can they get?, 31 May 2011
I bought a Kingston 1Gb pen drive some time back and it has proved very reliable and easy to use, so I had no hesitation in selecting this brand again when I required more capacity. I now copy recorded TV programmes from a PVR to keep permanently and you can do this by inserting a USB drive. Having tried this a few times its worked unfailingly. The drive itself is small, very neat, and good value at this price. My first desktop PC was 500Mb and massive! How much smaller can these things get?

Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks
Nippon Kodo Mainichi Koh Sandalwood 300 Sticks
Offered by Ergo Zen

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 31 May 2011
Thes incense sticks are exceptional value and provide a very pleasant fragrance. Nicely packaged you get three hundred sticks, albeit rather thin and small, but the burn time is about thirty minutes. And at this price you can burn a few sticks at one time to increase the aroma.

Testament to Bach - The Complete Cello Suite - Paul Tortelier
Testament to Bach - The Complete Cello Suite - Paul Tortelier
Dvd ~ Paul Tortelier

4.0 out of 5 stars A sad farewell, 30 April 2011
If you want a definitive version of the Bach suites look elsewhere, perhaps even to the earlier recordings by Tortelier himself, which I have in my collection, and which are a continual joy. However what this disc does represent is a man in his element, a spiritual voyage coming towards its end, and in many ways a little sad. I can remember a wonderful documentary of Paul Tortelier giving a masterclass and his inspirational spirit was so evident in that. His facial expressions spoke volumes; here they are gone, his face a veritable mask , indicating for me that Tortelier was now in deeper territory and taking us with him. A precious document of a man who so enriched my life with his music making.

Beethoven: Piano Trios Nos. 5 "Ghost" and 6
Beethoven: Piano Trios Nos. 5 "Ghost" and 6
Offered by KAOZI168 Classical_ ''Dispatch From London within 1 day ''

5.0 out of 5 stars SA, 5 May 2010
I can only endorse the above reviewer's comments, and in fact I bought this disc after reading it. I already have two recordings of these works from the well established issues including the wonderful Ashkenazy/Perlman/Harrell version. This certainly ranks up there with the best and has the added bonus of some excellent recorded sound. It also represents remarkable good value, for in addition to the two well-know trios, we get the little heard variations opus 44. Whilst I agree with my fellow reviewer perhaps not great music - but what great fun! This reveals the young Beethoven and the composer in his element with the variation format and far removed from the sombre composer many imagine Beethoven to have been. For this sort of price you cannot go wrong and I will certainly be adding more of this quartets offerings should they appear.