Profile for C. Nailor > Reviews

Content by C. Nailor

C. Nailor (South of England)

Sew Sunny Homestyle
Sew Sunny Homestyle
by Tone Finnanger

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 6 July 2010
This review is from: Sew Sunny Homestyle (Paperback)
I read previous reviews on this book saying that it was not as good as Tone's others but I totally disagree. I looked at all of her books in the shops when trying to decide which to buy and I loved this one - it's a great mix of quirky home items, sweet toys and beautiful gifts. I'm itching to make almost everything in this book! As usual, the projects are simple but incredibly effective. The book is modern and instructions are clear. Very happy with it.

101 Great Ways to Sew A Metre: Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Metre of Fabric!
by Patricia Hoskins

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 6 July 2010
I ordered this book for my sister for her Birthday as we both love sewing and making things for the home but I have to say I was a little bit disappointed with it. The content was modern and nicely displayed but the projects in it weren't anything new and in many cases had been done better in other books (for example Amy Butler, Tonne Finnager). Also, as suggested by the photo of the teenage girl on the front, I felt that the projects in this book were more suitable for a younger person or somebody with less sewing experience. I would say that if you wanted to buy a present for a young person who had just bought their first house and wanted to start making things this would be ideal as it's very retro with clear instructions. However, if you are an experienced sewer you may find it a little too simple and disappointing compared to other books.

Picture Your World in Applique: Creating Unique Images in Fabric
Picture Your World in Applique: Creating Unique Images in Fabric
by Margaret Cusak

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!, 23 April 2010
I'm so pleased with this book, I ordered it because I wanted to start doing more artistic applique and it totally fulfilled the objective. As it's fairly complex it's probably not the best book for a beginner, although the instructions are well illustrated and explained, however if you have experience in needlework and are looking for some inspirational works of art, this book will make you go WOW! I could happily flick through it for hours just looking at the pictures - the author's work is truly incredible.