Profile for Rick Martins > Reviews

Content by Rick Martins

Rick Martins

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Very Well, 19 Nov. 2013
I've had one of these for over 2 years and it feeds 4 TV's around my single storey house. The splitter is right next to my Sky+ box but the TV's are all remote with HDMI cable runs of up to 25 meters. I very occasionally get a blank screen for 1 or 2 seconds - if it's something critical I just rewind and carry on (so it's recorded on my Sky+ box but just has a hiccup). 3D works fine also. If a 2nd, 3rd or 4th TV is turned on then the first one does also experience a blank screen for a couple of seconds but again it's a case of a quick rewind. I have to say that I haven't tried it with all 4 TV's on but it definitely works with 3. Oh - picture quality is first class.
I would recommend this without any hesitation. But for the aforementioned occasional blank screen it would have got 5 stars.

Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater
Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater
Offered by Data Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Throw the Instructions Away, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Huawei Wi-Fi Repeater (Accessory)
This really does extend your wifi range - just as it says on the box ! However, as others have said throw the instructions away. This is what I did to get it to work with my BTHomeHub3; Plug it in near to your router and wait for the red light to turn yellow. Turn your phone (or tablet) on and open wifi settings. "Repeater" will show up in your list of wifi networks (it wouldn't show on my PC but was there on my phone and tablet)). Select it and open your browser which will open the configuration page for the Huawei. Select option 2 which is Manual Configuration. Ensure the name of your router appears in the pop up window. Type in your router's password and that's it. The light on the Repeater will flash yellow (it was previously static yellow) and then turn green meaning that it has connected. You can then unplug it and move it to wherever you need it (obviously not too far from the router - 1/2 way between the router and your "dead spot/s".
Comment Comments (13) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2015 10:43 PM BST

Motorcar Rotating Heating Duct Holder For HTC One S, Radar, Sensation XL, HD2, Desire & HD Mini
Offered by Direct eTail

4.0 out of 5 stars Phone Mount, 4 Feb. 2011
Does exactly what it should. Delivered promptly. Only minor criticism is that it doen't need to be so bulky (depth wise).

Arabia: The Women's Voice
Arabia: The Women's Voice
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars You Want Arabic Music - Look No Further, 6 Jan. 2010
I bought this CD after a recent trip to he Middle East. It is terrific mixing modern with traditional. I've read a review not rating it - why ??? I love it. The Matrawak Dammak track (the oldest one) is superb - you could be sat in a 1930's Kasbah Coffee house.

Oxford Combination Cable Lock - Bronze
Oxford Combination Cable Lock - Bronze

5.0 out of 5 stars Oxford Combination Lock, 8 Aug. 2009
This is exactly as described and works perfectly for my requirements. Slim and long wire with combination lock. It would be better if the combination could be user set so as not to have to remember the fixed code, but still a great little lock and wire.