Profile for Michael B > Reviews

Look at ME, Look at ME!
Look at ME, Look at ME!
by Dom Joly

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapoining, 7 Jan. 2014
After reading the positive reviews I thought I would give this book a go as I am a huge fan of Dom's TV shows, however I was very disappointed the book was no where near as funny as Dom's TV shows, there where no laugh out loud moments at all in this book I did find some of the stories slightly amusing but that was mostly because of how strange and imaginative they are. The only positive thing about this book is that it is at least entertaining and not boring like a lot of celebrity books, Dom does have a great imagination however reading about everything going oddly wrong in his 'life' over and over does get a bit repetitive. If you are looking for a funny mock autobiography I would suggest Alan Partridge: I, Partridge which is hilarious.

May I Have Your Attention Please?
May I Have Your Attention Please?
by James Corden

3.0 out of 5 stars overall a good book, 11 Sept. 2013
Book starts of a bit slow when he is talking about things that he's been in that I've not heard of however the stories from his childhood are interesting. This book is a very honest account of James' life and there are a number of times where he holds his hands up to being an idiot in the past.

However early on especially it does seem like he's trying to hard to be funny and there are some events that I wish he'd gone into more detail such as a league of their own and Mathew Horne not speaking to him for a while. The end of the book also seems rushed.

However i would recommend to any james corden fan you learn a lot about corden's personal life and he talks a lot about the writing of Gavin & Stacey.

From Pieces to Weight: Once Upon a Time in Southside, Queens
From Pieces to Weight: Once Upon a Time in Southside, Queens
by 50 CENT

3.0 out of 5 stars good but a bit short, 4 Jun. 2013
If I could I would give this book 3 and a half stars did not enjoy the book as much as I thought I would, it is an interesting read and you learn a lot about 50 cent's early life and his motivation however 80% of this book is about him selling drugs and the part of the book where he describes becoming a rapper seems rushed one minute he's a drug dealer the next minute he's a rapper, there is not much on the process of writing or producing get rich or die tryin. Book is also very short only just over 200 pages. Hopefully he brings out a second autobiography where he talks more about music and the people he has met. However for any 50 cent fan I would recommend this book