Profile for Peter Cooper > Reviews

Content by Peter Cooper

Peter Cooper (Louth, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Chewits Ice Cream Flavour (40 packs)
Chewits Ice Cream Flavour (40 packs)
Offered by Rainford Online Trading LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars An old favourite brought back temporarily, 23 Aug. 2017
If you like them, you like them. These are the real deal, taste just like I remember, excellent.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless in water, broke first time., 23 Aug. 2017
On first use, this seemed like quite the bargain. I already have a Fitbit but wanted something with IP rating to use for heart rate tracking during swimming. All the features seemed good, it charged quickly, and in the dry it worked fine. In the pool, however, after a single length swam, it was impossible to use and has not worked since. Failure after swimming just 20 metres (no diving) is extremely poor and I would not recommend this device at all for anyone who wants to swim with it. It seems like quite a bargain if you're keeping it dry, however.

Health Plus Acidophilus Probiotic Digestive Health Supplement - 90 Capsules
Health Plus Acidophilus Probiotic Digestive Health Supplement - 90 Capsules

5.0 out of 5 stars Cured my adult onset lactose intolerance, 28 Jan. 2014
A few years ago I had a huge bout of "something" and almost overnight my tolerance for lactose disappeared. Unfortunately it took 6 painful months to work that out and then once I stopped consuming dairy, things went back to normal. Every month or two since then I've "experimented" with consuming some milk, cream, chocolate, etc, to see if things were still bad.. and bad they remained. Taking lactase tablets helped with things like chocolate but for most other things, they didn't work very well at all.

After reading various Web sites, I learnt that some probiotics can have an effect on lactose intolerance, so first I tried another one whose name I can't remember. It helped a little but was no cure. Then later on I decided to try acidophilus and.. I think we have a cure!

Now, I wouldn't claim these are a cure for everyone and everyone has totally different intestinal needs, flora, etc.. but they're worth a try. If they don't work for you, stop taking them. If they work, as they do for me.. bingo!

Rastamouse: Muddle Mystery (Rastamouse Magnet Book)
Rastamouse: Muddle Mystery (Rastamouse Magnet Book)
by Genevieve Webster

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter says "good!", 27 Sept. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this the other day for my 2-going-on-3 year old daughter and she loved it from the off! It's basically a book with a clip and a sliding panel inside behind which a whole group of magnetic characters live. You then go through the story page by page adding the characters into the relevant places (or if you're my daughter, wherever you feel like!) Somehow my daughter seems to enjoy playing with toys like this for a prolonged period of time and "speaking out" the story she's coming up with in her head so it's ideal for that. Good stuff.

German (Collins Easy Learning Audio Course)
German (Collins Easy Learning Audio Course)
by Collins Dictionaries
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps you "get by" while in Germany, 20 Sept. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's not rocket science, it's a pretty typical language learning course but at an attractive price. For the money, you can't expect to learn all the ins and outs of grammar or syntax but if you're going to be travelling in Germany and want to "get by" with knocking some stock phrases, key nouns, etc, this is a simple, straightforward and cheap way to do it (and if you're the sort of person who can intuit further meaning in common stock phrases, you could take it even further with this).

Bone China
Bone China
by Roma Tearne

5.0 out of 5 stars An epic journey, 20 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Bone China (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For some reason it has taken me years to finish reading this book. It creates such a great atmosphere you want to soak in it for a while and not rush.. and if you have a kid turn up in the middle of it (as we did!) then it's one to put aside until you have some quality time. Other reviewers have already summarized the story so I won't repeat that, but just want to emphasize how this book portrays an interesting world that you can soak up well as a reader - if you like books like that, go for it. If you want something supremely clever or obtuse, maybe not.

Sennheiser HD238 On-Ear Stereo Headphones with Open-Air Design for High Resolution Stereo Sound

4.0 out of 5 stars A good mid-range headphone, 20 Sept. 2012
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you can't tolerate in-ear phones or those weird looking "sports" headphones, these Sennies are pretty good. They're extremely light and sound pretty good. And when I say light, I mean really light - definitely the lightest of all the headphones I've owned. If you want to get on to the Sennheiser ladder and enjoy some quality headphones on a limited budget, these are worth springing for.

Sound wise, they're particularly ideal for easy listening, classical, pop, and almost anything recorded before the 90s. I found they struggle a little on newer, heavily processed, bass-heavy productions, but for the size and weight, this is not a huge surprise.

The Best Imitation Of Myself: A Retrospective
The Best Imitation Of Myself: A Retrospective

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch out. Amazon lists three discs for this but you only get one., 10 Oct. 2011
The music is great. As Ben Folds fans, we all know that. We probably already own all of the other albums and discs and are just buying this out of support and to get the new tracks.

That out of the way, Amazon.co.uk lists three full discs of material and tracks under the description for this item. I just received it and it's a single CD.. only disc 1 of the 3. Since ordering this version, another version has appeared on the site which has three discs actually showing in the description and is exactly the same price.. so I expect Amazon will be getting a lot of returns. I'm sending mine back.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 13, 2011 8:27 PM BST

The Financial Times Guide to Business Start Up 2011: The most comprehensive annually updated guide for entrepreneurs (Financial Times Guides)
by Sara Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book but little on limited company particulars, 10 April 2011
I bought this book because of its high rank and good reviews and.. it's definitely not a bad book. It's very up to date and there's lots of useful info about people who, in particular, want to work as a sole trader on their new business. This book is particularly well suited to people who, perhaps, have had a full time job for a long time and are taking their first steps into the world of self employment.

On the negative side, I bought this book hoping to learn more about the technicalities, legal issues, and accounting issues regarding incorporation and starting up a limited company (I've been self employed for 12 years so most of what's in the book is familiar to me though it'll still make a good reference). There is very little about any of these limited company and formation particulars in the book and while I'm not going to send it back, I thought it'd be worth pointing this issue out for anyone who might be in my situation. I guess I really wanted a "company start up" book than a "business start up" one per se.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 20, 2011 6:39 PM BST

Everything I Know About Business I Learned at McDonald's: The 7 Leadership Principles that Drive Break Out Success
by Paul Facella

4.0 out of 5 stars Story driven, pithy, easy to read (or scan), 4 April 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book offers what it says on the cover. It's a seven chapter walk through stories and examples of how McDonald's has used the principles of "Honesty and Integrity", "Relationships", "Standards", "Leading by Example", "Courage", "Communications" and "Recognition" to become the dominant business it has today.

Everything in this book is story driven. There are stories and quotes everywhere (perhaps 100+ people have been quoted in the book). Most of the stories are short though and quite pithy with an insight to be gleaned. At the end of each chapter there's a list of "Key Learnings" that recaps the most important points.

The biggest takeaway point of the book is how common the stories are. All of the things that has made McDonald's a successful company come down to "people." Everything is about teamwork, encouraging people to do better, being open with people, being honest, and cutting down on bureaucracy while not giving up standards.

I didn't learn a great deal from this book but it's an easy read, pithy, and the stories are worth it if you need reminding that people is what it's all about.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5