Profile for Gary G > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Sol Invictus
Sol Invictus

3.0 out of 5 stars Bland, 26 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Sol Invictus (Audio CD)
Quite disappointing really. None of the big hooks and epic moments of previous albums. No real stand out tracks but certainly some duff ones in the mix. The album desperately needs a few heavier moments for a bit of variety. It's Faith No More but not as we know them.

Growl: Life Lessons, Hard Truths, and Bold Strategies from an Animal Advocate
Growl: Life Lessons, Hard Truths, and Bold Strategies from an Animal Advocate
by Kim W. Stallwood

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a struggle at times but some excellent points made, 4 Jan. 2016
A bit of a struggle at times but some excellent points made. I must admit that the most engaging bits were those with an autobiographical focus. I very much agree with his view of the characteristics animal advocates must show to create effective change but I'm not left with the sense of a breakthrough bold strategy that I was hoping for.

The Telegraph book of Readers' Letters from the Great War (Telegraph Books)
The Telegraph book of Readers' Letters from the Great War (Telegraph Books)
by Gavin Fuller

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 4 Jan. 2016
A very dull read which led to me giving up on it.

Animal Sanctuary
Animal Sanctuary
by John Bryant

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 4 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Animal Sanctuary (Paperback)
A thoroughly enjoyable read about the ups and downs of life at an animal sanctuary/rescue.

Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3)
Unreal Tournament 3 (PS3)

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 4 Jan. 2016
Terrible addition to what had been a fantastic series.

The Life You Can Save: How to play your part in ending world poverty
The Life You Can Save: How to play your part in ending world poverty
by Peter Singer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, engaging and inspirational., 4 Jan. 2016
Fantastic book. Deeply thought provoking and ultimately a won argument. The basic premise is that if we can help another human being then to not do so is wrong. Our obligations in relation to this premise are then laid out and the reasons we don't fulfil them but also how we can are explored. Very readable, engaging and massively inspirational.

The Dresden Dolls
The Dresden Dolls

2.0 out of 5 stars A drag, 2 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Dresden Dolls (Audio CD)
Been collecting dust on my shelf for years. Today I decided to give it a whirl again. Now I'm on amazon seeing how much I can expect to get for it second hand. It's pretty awful. Bland, repetitive and far too long.

500W 2Ltr Blender With Grinder Attachment - Black
500W 2Ltr Blender With Grinder Attachment - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great but did the job, 3 Dec. 2014
This was a budget priced blender and served me well for over a year until the blade suddenly broke. I found it sturdy enough and it certainly did the job for my daily fruit smoothy. I found it difficult to clean under the blades and strangely it generated a gunky build up underneath the jug after time.

1.5 Litre HDPE Wide mouthed bottle (BLUE), by Nalgene
1.5 Litre HDPE Wide mouthed bottle (BLUE), by Nalgene

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 July 2014
Works for my giant smoothies but a little difficult to clean without a very long handled brush!

Rage: Anarchy Edition (PS3)
Rage: Anarchy Edition (PS3)
Offered by Bridge_Records

1.0 out of 5 stars Incomplete, repetitive botched job of a game., 18 July 2014
Despite being incredibly underwhelmed by this game I played it through to the end of single player mode. I'm actually pretty disgusted at the ending to this game because it feels incomplete. I was actually disgusted upon completing this game. The final mission/stage feels like it was knocked together under a tight deadline. Incredibly quick, easy and stripped down. Frankly I can't believe it was allowed to be released in that form. There is no decisive, satisfactory ending to this game, merely a box that pops up saying, 'campaign completed'.

The gameplay itself was incredibly repetitive and, on 'normal' difficulty setting, incredibly easy. But I suppose I kept playing hoping for some sort of development in the story. This never came. The plot line is hazy and leaves one feeling pretty clueless as to what exactly is going on.

Maybe at 28 I'm not the target audience for this game but frankly I would not recommend it to anybody.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6