Profile for Ala369 > Reviews

Content by Ala369

Ala369

L'Oreal Excel Hicolor Highlights Red 34 g
L'Oreal Excel Hicolor Highlights Red 34 g
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions Inc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Red hair fades notoriously quickly, this is no exception., 27 Mar. 2013
If you're a red head you will without a doubt know that red is one of the hardest colours to keep, the problem with red hair dye is that the particles are too big to penetrate the hair cuticle which means that most of the product lays on the outside of the hair shaft, even if the dye is permanent like this one, it doesn't mean that it won't fade, because believe me it fades, and it fades fast, which to be honest, I wasn't expecting it to fade quite as fast as it does.

The reason I purchased this red hair dye was because 1. It's meant for darker hair, I didn't want to have to have the hassle of pre-lightening my hair before putting red over the top of it so using this red hair dye and 40% creme developer was a lot easier for me. 2. It's a salon product, which means it's not available to by in the shops, which I instantly presumed that meant it would be better than the high street alternatives. 3. I read many reviews about this product and did a lot of research and it was praised very highly, I wanted a red hair dye that would turn my hair bright red but also be permanent, any of the bright red hair dyes I'd seen in the shops were all semi-permanent and I didn't want something that would wash out in three to four washes. I wanted it to last.

Although this hair dye isn't too expensive in itself, to use it you will need - as previously mentioned - creme developer, and you will need a tint brush a mixing bowl and a measuring cup, these usually come in a set. In all I think I spent about twenty five pounds (which included two tubes of this red hair dye because my hair is long) when you consider a boxed hair dye is usually about five to six pounds, twenty five pounds to use this product is a bit steep.

Anyway, this hair dye does come out really bright and looks lovely as you would imagine when you have first dyed it. Unfortunately it doesn't last. I wash my hair every other day and within 18 days (9 hair washes) this product had completely faded from my hair, what I was left with was light orange hair. Now, I know I could have made the colour last a bit longer if I didn't wash my hair every other day but the problem with my hair is that it needs to be washed that often otherwise I'm left with greasy hair which looks dirty and unwashed and to be honest I don't think having lovely bright red hair but having it look greasy and dirty is very nice, it's also not very nice to have faded red hair but at least its washed and looks and feels better than if it was greasy. If you can live with having greasy looking and feeling hair then this product will be great for you. Or if you're one of the lucky ones that doesn't get greasy hair even if you don't wash it for days then I am jealous!

Another thing I'd like to mention is once you've dyed your hair with this, every time you wash your hair the water will run red and if you're having a bath it will look like something out of a horror movie because you'll be bathing in red water. This happens until the hair dye has completely faded from your hair, this product washes out and I'm not sure any red hair dye should be called 'permanent' because remember I said that the particles in the dye stick to outside of the hair, that's why they get washed away every time you wash it, they're on the outside of the hair shaft not locked inside it like usual hair dyes.

A quick summary.

PROS
- Looks bright when you first do it

CONS
- Expensive (when compared to high street alternatives)
- Water runs red every time you wash it / get it wet
- The ends fade faster than the roots (which looks silly)
- For me it faded within 3 weeks

The product itself isn't bad, I ended up buying seven tubes of it, it's just red hair dye is a pain in the bum, it's a very high maintenance colour and if that's something you can handle (by purchasing colour depositing shampoo and conditioner not washing your hair a lot, the expensive of frequent touch ups etc then this is probably going to be a great product for you.

Logitech B110 Optical USB Mouse
Logitech B110 Optical USB Mouse
Offered by Seat Reserved

2.0 out of 5 stars '3 year guarantee' ? Complete Rubbish, 8 Mar. 2012
I bought this mouse in June 2011 and it's now February 2012, so that's 8 months ago and after that insignificant amount of time this mouse is already dead.

I guess for the price, I should have expected this day would happen sooner rather than later.
You get what you pay for and what you get doesn't last long at all.
If you want a decent mouse that will last a good couple of years I would definitely NOT RECOMMEND this particular model.

The fact that this product has a '3 YEAR GUARANTEE' label is absolutely hilarious.
I should be given a refund for this considering mine hasn't even lasted A YEAR!.

First it becomes unresponsive and skittish, like when your computer is overloaded and lagging, then all of a sudden it flies across the screen, it becomes incredibly hard to control once this starts happening, and then eventually it no longer responds at all.

Trust me, save yourself the bother and save up for a more expensive, better quality mouse, that will last a long time.
I wish I had.

St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse - 200 ml
St Moriz Instant Self Tanning Mousse - 200 ml

3.0 out of 5 stars Ummm, 14 May 2011
Well this product arrived and it had already leaked!

I had to open it up and wipe it clean only to notice that the product inside the bottle looked nothing like a 'mousse' more like a brown liquid - like muddy water. Very nice! :|

To my surprise however, I gave it a little shake up and pumped it out and although it had a mousse like consistency it was still very watery.

It was nothing like the mousse I expected. I expected something more like shaving cream consistency.

So I have a question, is this what the product is simply like for everyone else who has bought it a watery mousse) or do you guys think that I have received a bad one?

Anyway, I applied it onto my legs and it does give a nice brown colour, and it doesn't smell too bad either, which is why I gave it three stars because I normally hate the smell of fake tan to the point that I can't stand it. But this one is actually bearable.

It does dry very fast, so theres no worry of it getting all over clothes or sheets etc.

I can't comment on how long it lasts for because I haven't yet showered after applying the tan. But I read a previous review which said this tan is more like a 'stain' which I can understand because when it goes on it looks a lot like a stain, and to be quite honest I'll be surprised if it doesn't wash off as soon as I get in the shower.

If I can I'll update this review with more information on the product.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2012 11:52 PM GMT

Buffy The Vampire Slayer - The Complete DVD Collection
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - The Complete DVD Collection
Dvd ~ Sarah Michelle Gellar
Offered by joe4books

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase I've ever made., 28 Dec. 2010
I began watching Buffy online because it was a show I remembered watching (and liking) on Channel 2 a long time ago, and I'd realised I'd never watched all the episodes before, and I wanted to give it a go.

I finished watching Season 1 online and decided that I liked it so much that I wanted to watch it properly - I wanted to give it the justice it deserved in the sense of video quality and sound, so I went ahead and bought the box-set which I was very pleased to see was on offer for £50!

Eagerly anticipated it finally arrived, unfortunately the insides of the DVDs were really not of good quality - they fell apart when I opened them. The seventh season was so badly damaged that all the discs are just inside the case completely loose.

Nevertheless even though I was disappointed with the quality of the cases, I decided not to send it back and demand a new one because I was much too eager to watch it and I didn't want to have to go through all the palaver of returning the item and then waiting for the replacement to arrive.

Every season of Buffy is brilliant - it manages to make me laugh and cry and both at the same time. I'm so glad it was recommissioned for two more season's after Season 5 because the Season 5 ending is so sad and I would have just hated it to end there. I think the ending of Season 7 was fantastic, absolutley, and talking about it now is making me want to watch the whole thing again.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 4, 2011 9:18 AM GMT