Profile for Ds Roberts > Reviews

Content by Ds Roberts

Ds Roberts (Fort Worth)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
Asus EeePC 1005HA Seashell 10-inch Black Netbook (Intel Atom N280 1.66 GHz, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD, Windows XP, up to 10 Hours Battery Life)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with it., 20 Oct. 2009
Well I have just got it and so maybe I am not ready for a review yet. I have set up outlook express and downloaded open office onto it and downloaded AVG anti virus. Open office is quite good and it bypassed the need for an external DVD drive. I will proberbly get one though. I like Mozilla firefox and that runs really well too.
I have upgraded the ram though to 2g and everthing seemed to speed up a bit. The battery is sitting at about 8 hours but the book says that it needs to discharge and re charge a couple of times to gain its full strength. Either way it is really good even if it does not go much higher than 8 or 9 hours.
I have never been a laptop fan as they are a compromise compared to a desktop so I was nervous about the keyboard and the mousepad. It has been two nights and I am getting used to it and able to type pretty quickly. The mousepad is not as bad as I thought it would be and I may not buy an external mouse. They are cheap as chips on ebay about four squid for a high resolution optical mouse wirefree! Maybe I will get one for that price.
The reviews have all said alot abut it being a finger magnet. It has not bothered me much and it does not detract from it. I very much like the look of it and think it looks very cool....I have actually thought about going to starbucks just to drink a latte and surf for no apparent reason other than to look cool. How sad I am!
Either way I am very pleased with it and can reccomend it highly.

AMC US Atlas 2009: Large Scale (AMC Atlases)
AMC US Atlas 2009: Large Scale (AMC Atlases)
by American Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Good detail, 8 Aug. 2009
This map is very good for detail especially considering the price. I bought another one that was the same price but was not nearly as good. For a general US map this is excellent.

Tisserand Lavender Bed Linen Mist 400 ml
Tisserand Lavender Bed Linen Mist 400 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit weak, 8 Aug. 2009
I bought this as a present for my wife and it is a lovely idea but it really is very weak to really smell it at all. It comes out in a fine mist but even if you spray several sprays I can not smell the lavender at all. Very very weak even for a mist.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 8 Aug. 2009
I bought this as I am newly wed but have already lost my first ring :-( I lost it on holiday and it was an expensive platinum ring that cost alot! This is the replacement for that and aothough it is not the same colour it is pretty close and it is much lighter and it feels very strong.
It is a bit tarnished now that I have had it for a while but so was the platinum one.
The price really sold it for me as a replacement. If I could go back in time I would have a nice platinum ring and one of these for holidays in case I lost it.
The service from the seller was very good as well.

100 Days in Photographs: Pivotal Events That Changed the World
100 Days in Photographs: Pivotal Events That Changed the World
by Nick Yapp

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 8 Aug. 2009
I really like this book. It does not just show you the pictures it gives detailed iinformation on the history at the time and the photo itself. Not too much info not too little. I bought this for myself and I am very pleased with it.

Zoobee Doo Crazy Bubble Buster
Zoobee Doo Crazy Bubble Buster

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 8 Aug. 2009
I bought this as a present for my mum and it really is not worth the money. It was such a disapointment. Look elsewhere for a cheap present this is not any good.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Just in case, 8 Aug. 2009
I have not actually used this product. I just did a long distance bike ride across the states and this was my back up sleeping bag if I got cuaght out in the open. It was never supposed to be anything other than a lifesaving thing.
I did unpack it though and I can say it feels durable and the best thing is the weight is only 150gs so that was the selling point for me.
Hopefully you won't need it. It now sits in the car boot just in case :-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 9, 2014 9:12 AM GMT

Canon PowerShot S5 IS Digital Camera - Black (8.0MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 2.5" LCD
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Digital Camera - Black (8.0MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 2.5" LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars I am pleased with it :-), 23 Jan. 2009
I have had this cmera for about six months now. I am pleased with it.
The good points:
Internal flash quite good.
Well built;/solid feel.
Great zoom.
Great video.
Quick start up.
It takes four AA batteries-rechargeable save money but you are not tied to a specific battery
Tilt view screen useful, I didn't think I would use it.
Bad points:
Lens cap never stays on. Really annoying. (Canon makes cameras right?)
The batteries struggle with the flash. It takes time to charge up the flash.

I like this camera it it not a DSLR but it is cheaper and the zoom is great. You have to pay alot for this on a DSLR
Yes this is a compromise but the price compared to DSLR is so much cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Full stop!!, 20 Sept. 2008
Logitech OEM S220 2.1 Speaker Black
I bought this for my creative zen 8gb and it works just fine i was worried about it paying but it is really easy and provides great sound for a bargain player. i have a nice stereo downstairs and i rarely use it but now with my mp3 player upstairs i use it all the time it is really loud for the size of house we have and i would recommend it. i don't doubt that better exist but if it is jut for use within a room and not for a party then this is as loud as anyone could want. Are there better systems ....yes of course but how much do you want to pay? 15 sobs and I am happy as larry...simple (big plus for me it works with my zen as nearly everything is advertised with ipods...cool looking but expensive and you can't add memory...buy a zen with built in radio and SD card slot i have two 8 gb cards with an 8 gb player - apple can not match that for the price..screw the white headphone I want storage and value :-) ..and a radio!!)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9