Profile for M. JOHNS > Reviews

Content by M. JOHNS

M. JOHNS "Book Worm" (East England, UK)

BT Edge 1500 Colour Screen Single DECT Cordless Handset With Telephone Answering Machine - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 2 Jan. 2012
Excellent phone.

Arrived on time, and well packaged (thank you Amazon)!!

First thoughts - looks amazing! Swish, stylish and compact.

Plugged in and Charged for 24hrs, first use - nice, works well, looks great, can hear everything fine, and can save peoples name/numbers. Set time and date, and stylise your voice mail message. Great phone, definitely worth the price - so cheap.

Kodak ESPC110 All-in-one Printer
Kodak ESPC110 All-in-one Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Printer I've Ever Used, 2 Jan. 2012
Pros - it looks alright, though quite bulky they've made it as small as they can. Though that means that after 10 pages or so, the design has meant that completed printed pages will fall out of the slot.

Cons - it really doesn't work well. I've found it cannot serve its function at all.
There are paper jams all the time, and it cannot handle doing double sided prints at all (which would obviously make it and meant to have made it more economical). Printing is very slow even on its fastest settings. And when it does eventually start I found I cannot go and make a cup of tea while it prints, I have to sit and watch the printing, in case anything happens to jam it up (which is always the case).

I would NOT recommend buying this printer, there are others (I've got an excellent HP (Photosmart Premium C309g-m) at home; its pretty cheap to run (not much clue on whether this one is, as I don't stay in this house much, but for some reason I don't trust the advertsising if the printer doesn't even work well), it's so much faster, the quality of printing is better, and the printer always works, its never failed me.

101 Things to Do Before You Die
101 Things to Do Before You Die
by Richard Horne

4.0 out of 5 stars Before I Die, I'll review., 11 Sept. 2008
So you wanna live life to the max?
This is the book, its lively, colourful and damn great.
There are many things that wouldn't be hard to do, and others which are more challening. Try to complete it all :D

The God Delusion
The God Delusion
by Richard Dawkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever, but Stubborn., 11 Sept. 2008
This review is from: The God Delusion (Paperback)
A genuis in his own right, unfortunately stubborn. Hes stubborn and boring on Christainity. He consistly is drawing to why Xianty is wrong, and any other religion is hardly mentioned.
However Brilliant if you want to explore more about philosophy and ethics. It can however be rather tiring at times.

Random Acts Of Kindness: 365 Ways to Make the World a Nicer Place
Random Acts Of Kindness: 365 Ways to Make the World a Nicer Place
by Danny Wallace

2.0 out of 5 stars Only A Start..., 11 Sept. 2008
I wouldn't really call it a book as a book is the "main course" in my opinion its a "Starter". He gives serveral examples on how to be nice. Which is good, but most are very difficult to actually complete. I would recommened trying to come up with your own way of being lovely rather than wasting £5.

My Sister's Keeper
My Sister's Keeper
by Jodi Picoult

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Page Turner, 11 Sept. 2008
This review is from: My Sister's Keeper (Paperback)
If you want an easy, but gripping read choose this book. Its an essential item on the shelf for "lazy weekends".
A stunning and ultimately brilliant ending! It'll easily shed a few tears at the end.
It also is serious highlighting that we as a society may not be hearing others and listening, also drawing into ethical issues "is it right or wrong to create another child to save the life of the first?"
Brill.