Profile for kitty red > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copendium-Julian Cope
Copendium-Julian Cope

5.0 out of 5 stars A musical journey, 22 July 2016
This review is from: Copendium-Julian Cope (Audio CD)
Bought as a present for my boyfriend. He's listened to it many times, and loves it, as do I. There's a good variety of music across the 3 CD's, some of which I recognised, and others have never heard of. The booklet provided comes in very useful as an accompaniment to the music. If you've read the Copendium book and are interested in the audio partner to it, then I think you would enjoy the music on these CD's and the musical journey you'll ultimately travel.

Definitely not for everyone, and you'll need to have some similar tastes to Julian to enjoy it - or you need to have an open mind. Highly recommended and would love to see another volume!

Pocket Encyclopaedia of Wild Flowers in Colour
Pocket Encyclopaedia of Wild Flowers in Colour
by M.S. Christiansen

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of illustrations, easy to use, 22 July 2016
An absolutely wonderful book. It's kind of like a handguide, so smallish, but ample size to see the illustrations and plant names which are given in English, as well as their Latin names if you'd want to research more. To be honest I bought this as a photo prop, but I do love books about nature and flowers, so obviously it's useful too. There's plenty of colour illustrations inside (over 650 I believe), and it really feels like you get your moneys worth, whatever you'd be paying for this.

Definitely a book worth buying if you're looking for a simple guide to wild flowers.

SAMSUNG 64 GB Flash Flash Memory Card
SAMSUNG 64 GB Flash Flash Memory Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 13 Jun. 2016
Got this to use in my Surface Pro 4 as I don't have a huge amount of disk space on there, and its perfect for the job! I just use it to store photos and music files, nothing important though. It's fast enough for this use, but I'm not sure how it would be for constant access.

The price I bought it at was really good for 64gb (well, about 58gb once inserted) of space, and if need be I can use this in a camera or other device if I wanted without any issues.

Lartigue: Life in Color
Lartigue: Life in Color
by Martine dAstier

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book and photos., 13 Jun. 2016
I bought this book only knowing the basics of Lartigue and his work, and after even just flicking though this I feel so inspired. His photos have this gentle grace about them, a softeness and a femininity you so rarely see. His use of colour is fantastic and definitely something many could learn from.

Some of his photos remind me of impressionist paintings, and others really made me feel as if I was there, in the moment. You feel a real insight into the areas and people he photographed. I would happily recommend this book to anyone.

The book itself is well made, feels solid and a pleasure to hold. The photos (to my knowledge) are well reproduced, but I do feel a different paper choice may have made this book even better.

Gold Alloy Leaves Hairpin Hair Clip Barrette Hair Accessory for Women Grils 2pcs/lot

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute clips., 6 Jun. 2016
Cute clip that holds my fine, straight hair in place. The design is lovely but the quality (in terms of production) could be better. It looks quite 'cheap' to be honest. I like the gold colour and it'd be good to see these in silver or black too.

The clip itself is super strong which is good, but be warned for fine hairs that may get caught in it. Much better than a typical kirby grip which often fall out of my hair! I like that these came in a pair, but didn't see the point of the individual wrapping.

These came from China, so remember that they will take a minimum of 2 weeks to arrive.

Disclaimer: I received this product at a discounted price for an honest review. All words and opinions my own.

DecentGadget With "DG" LOGO Lovely Novel Xylophone Children Toys
DecentGadget With "DG" LOGO Lovely Novel Xylophone Children Toys
Offered by DecentGadget

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun toy xylophone, 26 April 2016
Feels a little cheap, but sounds good enough, and is nice and sturdy for kids who want to have a bit of a bash at it! A good portable size. Would be good if there was a little hook (or something) to store the mallets.

The numbers are useful, and I liked the little booklet that came with it to help you play some tunes. The coloured 'keys' are a nice touch, and make it quite appealing for young, imaginative minds.

Would make a fab present for musically inclined children, or even older ones that want to have a little play.

This is an honest review in exchange for discounted product. All opinions my own.

iArtker Long Triangular Colored Drawing Pencils Set of 36 Assorted in Tubular Vase with High Quality Sharpener-Perfect for Adult Colouring Books Secret Garden or Childrens Gift
Offered by SJEhome.EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Good crayons for all capabilities, 15 April 2016
As an artist I'm very particular about art supplies and stationery, and if I don't like something I just won't use it.

These though, are unexpectedly good. To be honest I was expecting cheap feeling scratchy coloured pencils that don't blend well and don't produce much colour.

These blend reasonably well, and produce decent colour saturation, but colour wise they could be a touch better. In the pot is a good range (wish there was another pink though) of colours more than good enough for the average person. One tip was broken though.

They work well on cheap printer paper as well as nice, thick card and don't have that scratchy feel ..I do wish these were a little 'softer' but that may just be personal preference. I like the rounded pot with sharpener in the lid as it's easy to store or to carry when travelling, and as the pencils have a triangular grip, they don't roll around everywhere. Useful!

Overall, I'd say they're better than Crayola, but not as good as a professional grade colouring pencil.

I received these at a discounted price in return for an honest view, and can honestly say I'll be using them in the future. Infact, I've just started colouring in a colouring book with them!

As an aside ..these came the day after I ordered them!

Square Chiffon Neck Scarf 50s Plain Fancy Wrap Hair Head Neck Tie Super Light 60cm x 60cm
Offered by super junior

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely scarf for retro looks., 15 April 2016
A small(ish), but perfectly formed scarf. Perfect for a necktie, headscarf, or wrapping up a little gift. Or great for a little present in itself. Who doesn't enjoy an item with multiple uses?

The scarf is of a good quality ..obviously it's thin but doesn't feel flimsy and cheap. This sort of material is prone to tearing, so the price is good should you want a dew duplicates, and with multiple colour choices too!

I was expecting it to be square, as other scarves I have like this are, but it's slightly more rectangular. Not really an issue, but just so you know.

I received this scarf at a discounted price in return for an honest review.

Photo Plus Lens Cap for Fujifilm X30 X20 X10
Photo Plus Lens Cap for Fujifilm X30 X20 X10
Offered by Gadget Career

4.0 out of 5 stars Does its job!, 12 April 2016
Does its job! I use a Fuji X10 and it fits well on there. A good cheap replacement or alternative lens cap.

Little Black Font Book 2
Little Black Font Book 2
by Alex Haigh

5.0 out of 5 stars Font inspiration, 12 April 2016
Fantastic for a little font inspiration, and at a very reasonable price. A good range of fonts inside that you may want to use for your projects, or to inspire you to create your own.

The size is easy to hold and flip through and the print quality is crisp and clear. It also smells lovely if you like that book/printed smell.

Would make a fantastic little present for a typography lover or those interested in design.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4