Profile for Patsy > Reviews

Content by Patsy

Patsy

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)
The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 2 Jan. 2016
I simply loved this book, couldn't put it down. It has been written by an artist, all ends tied up and everything logically explained to my satisfaction. A real who dunnit with a heart.

The Humans
The Humans

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes you think., 12 April 2015
This review is from: The Humans (Kindle Edition)
Makes you think, and that has to be a good thing. I only read interesting books where I might gain something, and I read this one..

The Letter
The Letter

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read., 6 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Letter (Kindle Edition)
A good read, a bit predictable but you cared about the women and felt sad for the lifetime of misunderstanding which was the result of one bad decision, why didn't he post that letter, and why did that young woman put up with such an abusive man?? These are the things lives are made up of in the real world, maybe we can learn from this sad tale...Some of the language was too modern but it didn't spoil the book for me.

The Hangman's Daughter (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 1)
The Hangman's Daughter (A Hangman's Daughter Tale Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try.., 14 Feb. 2015
I was impressed with the beginning of this book and it was an interesting subject but I kept turning pages and nothing much seemed to happen. There was a nucleus of a story, which was OK but I got bored and speed read for a while, then resorted to jumping chapters and read the last chapter.. I don't know what I missed but really don't care..

River of Destiny
River of Destiny

4.0 out of 5 stars Great historic read., 9 Feb. 2015
This review is from: River of Destiny (Kindle Edition)
I did enjoy this book and have indeed enjoyed all her books. I just feel that there is a formula with the past and present which is a little tired now. Barbara Erskine is such a great writer and knows her history but I think that this will be the last one I read for a while, which is sad.

Heaven and Hell
Heaven and Hell

3.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting read.., 26 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Heaven and Hell (Kindle Edition)
This book was extremely interesting, I found some things in it that I had never read before in any spiritual book, of which I have read many. However the style was so repetitive and stuck in the hellfire and damnation mode which was of the authors time that I had to speed read a lot and I do mean a lot.. For me it has made an impact, it talked about an amazing spectrum of topics and for that reason I will delve into it again, but it's a labour of love sticking with it..

Abbot's Keep: A Ghost Story
Abbot's Keep: A Ghost Story

4.0 out of 5 stars A real old fashioned ghost story.., 24 Sept. 2014
This book made me feel that I was reading the equivalent to a Hammer Horror film, I loved Hammer Horror but it feels somehow dated. That said, I enjoyed it and wanted to read on to the end so, no bad thing.

The Magpies
The Magpies

5.0 out of 5 stars yOU WILL NOT STOP TO EAT.., 30 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Magpies (Kindle Edition)
THIS IS A GREAT READ, FAST PACED WITH NO PADDING. THE BOOK IS QUITE SHORT AND VERY SATISFYING. THE SITUATION THE COUPLE FIND THEMSELVES IN COULD HAPPEN TO ANY OF US, MOST PEOPLE WILL HAVE FELT SOME OF THE EMOTIONS THAT THEY EXPERIENCED. MANY OF US LIVE CLOSE TO OTHER PEOPLE. LET US HOPE THAT NONE OF US EVER MEET WITH NEIGHBOURS LIKE THE ONES IN THIS BOOK.

The Medea Complex
The Medea Complex

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of my life.., 22 May 2014
This review is from: The Medea Complex (Kindle Edition)
I began reading this book, after having checked out the wonderful reviews and description. I thought that the first pages I read must be an insight into the childish thoughts and words(oh you beast) of the woman the book is about. So I read on, waiting for the actual book to start. After jumping page after page looking for some sign of intelligent writing, I got frustrated and simply gave up. I have looked again at the glowing list of reviews and am at a loss.. I can only assume it must be me..

The White Cuckoo
The White Cuckoo

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of everything, 18 May 2014
This review is from: The White Cuckoo (Kindle Edition)
The romance side of this story was a little old hat, but I enjoyed the mix of past and present secrets and mystery. The writer was good enough to tie up all the ends for us in a very satisfying way. The proof of any book is in how much time you are prepared to give to finish it, I read it at any spare moments I had, so that tells it all. A lovely read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4