Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Monochrome
Monochrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Monochrome, 11 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Monochrome (Kindle Edition)
Once again Allan Watson brings us a very memorable tale. "Monochrome" is a well crafted tale, a terrific blend of crime fiction and fantasy peppered with dark humour.
There's quite the motley crew of colourful characters; ghost hunters, coppers and beings from other worlds. There's gore galore and sex aplenty.
All in all a very exciting read.

The Mammoth Book of New Comic Fantasy
The Mammoth Book of New Comic Fantasy

4.0 out of 5 stars The Mammoth Book of New Comic Fantasy, 9 Jun. 2014
My only experience of comic fantasy has been Terry Pratchett's wonderful Discworld series, so I thought I'd give this a go. Although titled "The Mammoth Book of Comic Fantasy", many of the stories are sci-fi. Nitpicking aside, they all have one thing in common, they are amusing and hugely entertaining.

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops
Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops

5.0 out of 5 stars Weid Things Customers Say in Bookshops, 9 Jun. 2014
If you arein need of a giggle, this is the book for you. There are some hilarious gems to be found here. I loved it!

Mr Mercedes
Mr Mercedes

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Mercedes, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Mr Mercedes (Kindle Edition)
I can honestly say that of all the books I have read so far this year "Mr Mercedes" is joint second on my Best Books list. It may not be the dark horror King fans know and love, but there is a sense of menace throughout. King proved with "Joyland" that he can write a crime novel and he proves it yet again with "Mr Mercedes".
I loved this book, and feel strangely bereft now that I've finished it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2015 8:48 AM GMT

The Museum of Literary Souls (A Short Story)
The Museum of Literary Souls (A Short Story)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Museum of Literary Souls, 9 Jun. 2014
Once again John Connolly has written a wonderful fantasy about books. In the Caxton Lending Library the characters from first editions happily reside, and it's librarian awaits his successor. This is an interesting premise and Connolly is just the man to breathe life into it. I loved this book, as I have loved all of John Connolly's books.

The Wolf in Winter (Charlie Parker Thriller)
The Wolf in Winter (Charlie Parker Thriller)
by John Connolly

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wolf in Winter, 9 Jun. 2014
Wow! Just Wow! This book is brilliant, easily the best in the Charlie Parker series to date. It was well worth waiting for and, as with it's predecessors, it has left me wanting more.

Guy Martin: My Autobiography
Guy Martin: My Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars Guy Martin: My Autobiography, 9 Jun. 2014
Totally enjoyed this autobiography. Guy Martin gives an honest, warts and all account of his life, the highs and lows. He may be only 34 but he has packed a lot into those years. Not just a motorcycle road racer, Guy has also featured in television programmes such as The Boat that Guy Built. Witty, determined, sometimes reckless, but all in all, a "rum guy".

Missing You
Missing You

5.0 out of 5 stars Missing You, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Missing You (Kindle Edition)
I thoroughly enjoyed this latest offering from Harlan Coben. "Missing You" is a tense thriller which focuses on the dark side of internet dating and identity theft. As with all Coben's stand alones there is a twist at the end. A very enjoyable read.

Last Days
Last Days

5.0 out of 5 stars Last Days, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Last Days (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book even though it scared the hell out of me. Seriously! I was reading it on kindle with the lights off and had to switch them back on. A truly creepy but highly enjoyable book, a tale that lingers in your memory long after you have turned the final page. Read it if you dare.

The Leper House (Kindle Singles)
The Leper House (Kindle Singles)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Leper House, 9 Jun. 2014
I loved this kindle single,which I read in one sitting. A haunting tale, vaguely reminiscent of the works of Susan Hill.My only complaint....it was too short.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20