Profile for Keith Austin > Reviews

Content by Keith Austin

Keith Austin

STILL NIGHT, STILL LIGHT
STILL NIGHT, STILL LIGHT

5.0 out of 5 stars These girls can rock - Shadows is the best track, but still a very good album and ..., 22 July 2015
Heard Shadows on the radio - bought the album with reservations, as feared it would be outside my normal sphere of musical taste (male prog rock). These girls can rock - Shadows is the best track, but still a very good album and is played all the time.

Singles
Singles

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the cover - never heard any of the music ..., 22 July 2015
This review is from: Singles (Audio CD)
Loved the cover - never heard any of the music before buying with my Xmas money. First listen thought it was a bit odd, but researched them on the internet and was blown away by the videos. By far my favourite album of last year (if not EVER) - I have to shut the windows in the car when I play it as always played as loud as possible. No fillers on this album - some reviews did not like Track 8 Like the Moon - it is actually one of the best!!.

Talking Dreams
Talking Dreams

4.0 out of 5 stars A Surprise, 22 July 2015
This review is from: Talking Dreams (Audio CD)
Heard Cool Kids, but the album is so much more so a very pleasant surprise and accompanies me in the car quite often.

City Slicker
City Slicker

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Feb. 2015
This review is from: City Slicker (Audio CD)
How did I miss this one back in the day?

Young And Old
Young And Old

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be put off by the name, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Young And Old (Audio CD)
Tennis - not the best name for a group, actually probably one of the worst names ever. The music is wonderful - some very strong tracks to start with, but do stay with it as its all great. Cape Cory, the previous album was good and could be bought at a good price. Both of my Tennis albums have cardboard sleeves which is always a bonus to me - how sad am I.

A Cross The Universe
A Cross The Universe

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't like dance music, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: A Cross The Universe (Audio CD)
Cannot stand Euro electronic pop - except somehow I love these French boys after hearing New Lands. The same goes for M83 and the Daft Punk boys. This live album has great sound and atmosphere - you could be there!! Have not even looked at the DVD included as it lives in my car.

Scorpio Rising
Scorpio Rising
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I miss this., 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Scorpio Rising (Audio CD)
What was I doing in 2002 when this came out? Being an old prog rocker it appeals to me but I suppose not much airplay on mainstream radio. I was making do with Oasis etc - yet still missed this

Baby Love (You Got Something About You)
Baby Love (You Got Something About You)

5.0 out of 5 stars One listen and hooked, 18 Nov. 2013
Heard this on the radio - played by Peter Young at Jazz FM. Used to listen to his soul show 40 years ago when doing my Saturday Job!!!! Being a prog rocker at the time never appreciated Soul music - now realize what I've missed.
Modern but classic - this is fantastic only my second download that I've purchased as I could not find a hard copy.

Until In Excess, Imperceptible UFO
Until In Excess, Imperceptible UFO

5.0 out of 5 stars Stadium Rock in a shed, 31 May 2013
Can never remember the title of album, but that does not matter as I play it all the time. Different at first from the last great album, but then it grabs you - best album (in my opinion of 2013 so far). Saw them live and the sound was absolutely wonderful and added a different dimension again to listening to the tracks.

Mirage Rock
Mirage Rock

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Mirage Rock (Audio CD)
Not impressed first play, didn't sound like previous albums. Played it a few more times along with the others and started to like it. Dumpster World suddenly became great - a highlight in the middle of the album. Other tracks had radio plays and now just love the whole thing - no fillers on this album.