Profile for Gillian Taylor > Reviews

Gillian Taylor

Fighting on the Home Front: The Legacy of Women in World War One
Fighting on the Home Front: The Legacy of Women in World War One
by Kate Adie

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, especially pertinent as the 100th anniversary of WW1, 6 Jun. 2014
I enjoyed reading this book, and interesting snippets of information. Good to have the role of women in WW1 recognized. Not weighty historical book but a good read for those interested in social history and the woman's role.

Carbs & Cals: Count your Carbs & Calories with over 1,700 Food & Drink Photos!
Carbs & Cals: Count your Carbs & Calories with over 1,700 Food & Drink Photos!
by Chris Cheyette

4.0 out of 5 stars Really useful book if you want to lose weight, 6 Jun. 2014
This book was recommended to me and I have no hesitation in doing the same. Although it was written with Diabetic people in mind it's great for anyone who wants to know exactly what there're eating. For me following a high protein, no starchy carbs diet its clever use of photos of your food portions and tabs above and below showing the breakdown of protein and carbs, as well as calories etc. made choosing the right food choices a breeze and in 6 weeks I've lost almost a stone.

Only down side is that it doesn't feature all the foods I personally eat, and as I've got used to my new meal plans I don't have to refer to it so often, but it's good to have it handy on the kitchen shelf.