Profile for Ed Flanders > Reviews

Content by Ed Flanders

Ed Flanders "EdFlanders" (Cambs UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Draper DIY Series 09413 10-Piece Screwdriver Set
Draper DIY Series 09413 10-Piece Screwdriver Set
Offered by Bamford Trading

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for serious use, 13 Nov. 2011
I'd love to say these are the best screwdrivers in the World - but they're not!
They look the part but the ends chew up at the sight of a decent pozidrive screw.
How much would decent hardening take?

Driver San Francisco (PC DVD)
Driver San Francisco (PC DVD)
Offered by TheGamery

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't take it too seriously, 13 Nov. 2011
This game is a lot of fun if you don't expect it to be a real driving simulation. There's loads to do and you're not constrained by a "route" through it, though you do have to do challenges to open up new parts of San Francisco. You'll also find a steering wheel a great help - I bought the Guillemot one from Amazon (check the compatibility list on the box) - it's cheap and works incredibly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 12, 2013 5:35 PM BST

Sennheiser PC 31 Headset with Over Head Binaural VoIP
Sennheiser PC 31 Headset with Over Head Binaural VoIP

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Microphone, Great Headset, 6 Sept. 2011
I got this mainly for narrating books for Librivox as I found a stationary one made the voice alter as I moved about.
I also wanted a decent set so I didn't have to keep cleaning up the sound (I use Audacity).
This set fits the bill perfectly. The microphone and headphones are brilliant. The microphone has some degree of background noise cancelling, so no computer fan noise to clean up! - definitely recommended!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Strictly for Dads, 31 Dec. 2010
I have loved these things since I saw one in the film Fracture, so for [...] I thought I'd treat myself.
OK, it's not big, and it's not got the best instructions, but it opens up ideas for "the next one" and it is motorised to keep it all moving.
For the money - it's a great buy!

Energizer A23 / MN21 / LRV08 / 12v 1 Pack
Energizer A23 / MN21 / LRV08 / 12v 1 Pack
Offered by K.K. Electronics

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product at a great price, 31 Dec. 2010
I needed some A23 batteries in a hurry and Battery Bandit delivered - quick and free.

Energiser batteries so you know they're good !

Iron Man 2 [DVD]
Iron Man 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars So much fun, 30 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Iron Man 2 [DVD] (DVD)
I'm glad the Iron Man people managed to make the second film as good as the first.
The special effects are terrific, especially the sliced up racing cars, the story is just as good as the first episode, and Mickey Rourke makes for a superb baddie.
Overall, if you liked the first Iron Man, you'll love the second.

Wahl 9906-2017 Silver Groomsman Battery Hair, Beard and Moustache Trimmer Set
Wahl 9906-2017 Silver Groomsman Battery Hair, Beard and Moustache Trimmer Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and very cheerful, 1 Nov. 2010
I bought this to replace a Babyliss trimmer that seemed to have flattened its rechargeable batteries every time I wanted to use it. This seemed perfect as I could just fit new AAs in.
The guards are a bit flimsy but for the price, this is a winner.

Mirror screen protector for new ipad
Mirror screen protector for new ipad

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for any screen protector, 21 Sept. 2010
I bought this as a cheap screen protector for a Hanvon e-book reader (N518) because it was the cheapest out there.

Cut it down, stuck it on - perfection! The only bubbles were cause by my cack handed application, but are barely visible anyway.

For an i-pad, a ebook reader or just a phone, if it's touch screen, you'll go a long way to get a cheaper protector.

Sweex LW053 WiFi LAN USB 2.0 Adapter
Sweex LW053 WiFi LAN USB 2.0 Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap as chips and it works, 5 Jun. 2009
I was after a really cheap WiFi adapter for Sky and at £8.99 this filled the bill.
Ran the driver, plugged it in and it just worked - what more can you ask?

My son's connection was only ever going to be 2Mb/s and it worked well at that so I can't say how fast it could achieve, but for the money, it's an absolute bargain so why pay more?

Toshiba Camileo H20 1080p HD Camcorder
Toshiba Camileo H20 1080p HD Camcorder

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy a memory card and get filming, 2 Jun. 2009
I bought this for my upcoming holiday and tried it recently to get used to it.
The video performance is excellent as long as you have a steady hand. There is an image stabiliser when you use 720 mode but surprisingly, it doesn't remember you have engaged it (or even the flash mode) when you turn it off then on again, so you have to set these each time - weird!
Sound is quite sensitive and reasonable. The battery life is good - the type is NP-60; quite cheap from Amazon marketplace if you want a spare.
Virtually no memory supplied so bank on £12 for something like a 8Gb SDHC card - enough for 4 hours on 720 mode.
Photo mode is excellent with good focussing, colour and resolution (normal 5 megapixel) - anything more is interpolated.
Overall, a great buy as long as you have a steady hand.
Comes with all the leads you need, as well as a power supply.

Page: 1 | 2