Profile for Holmsey from Yorkshire > Reviews

Content by Holmsey from Y...
Helpful Votes: 1939

Holmsey from Yorkshire (uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Lean in 15 - The Sustain Plan: 15 Minute Meals and Workouts to Get You Lean for Life
by Joe Wicks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great healthy cookbook and quick easy recipes to follow., 28 Dec. 2016
Unlike Jamie Oliver's meals in 15 minutes, I have been able to make this in something approaching 15 minutes (half an hour compared to an hour plus for most of Jamie Olivers'). None of these 15 minute books in my view properly take into account prep time (which is about 15 minutes on these recipes I have found), but I expected that. This book has some great recipes in it, I made the Chicken with Kale and Garlic yesterday and it was really tasty and simple to make (made in 15 mins, plus prep time 15 mins). I am doing another in a few days.
The book also contains some good health and exercise advice, albeit it is more of a healthy cookbook than an exercise book, with the exercise and lifestyle sections taking up maybe only about 20% or less of the entire book.
Very good value for money on Amazon.

Top Trumps - Liverpool FC 2015/16
Top Trumps - Liverpool FC 2015/16

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Top Trumps as we know and love, my son loves this., 28 Dec. 2016
What more can I say, its a bunch of cards with Liverpool on, and stats, but it's Top Trumps and my 9 year old lad loves it.

Galaxy S7 Screen Protector ,YOOTECH[Newest Updated][Anti-Bubble][Full Coverage][Case Friendly][Anti-Scratch][Reusable] Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S7 Clear HD[ Wet Applied ] Film - Lifetime Warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars Strange material, but effective., 25 Dec. 2016
Because of the curve in the S7 screen, I read the usual tempered glass protectors didn't work that well.
Tried this. Whilst this material isn't as good as glass, it's much better than the old film protectors. It's a strange material, you cannot really see it at all on, and mine has remained totally affixed for 2 months. It has a slightly rubbery feel. You wet it through, then slide it on, much like putting wallpaper up.
It's great, the only thing not too keen on is that fingerprints don't show as such, put make the screen pixels look a bit rainbowy, so regukar screen cleans are a must.

iPhone 6S Plus Case, HQTech Apple iPhone 6S/6 Plus Case 5.5 Inch Bumper Cover Shock-Absorption Bumper and Anti-Scratch Clear Back for iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 6 Plus 5.5 Inch (Grey) - 2622

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great case., 25 Dec. 2016
Really, Really impressed with this for the money. Looking on my Amazon account, I've bought 7 cases at least this year for my phone and various family members. It is difficult to find a decent one. The clear ones often have a problem with what looks like (but isn't, it's in the plastic) water or oil trapped under giving a rainbow effect and totally ruining the look of the phone.
I got this one for my daughter's new iPhone at Christmas to offer protection whilst she inevitably sourced one with pictures/ patterns on to her own taste (as 12 year olds do) . However, this one is so good (grey one looks great on space grey phone, nice rubbery sides, no water/rainbow effect and can see phone and Apple logo through it well) that she says she is keeping it. Praise indeed.

OneChance Fashion Jewelry Bracelet Gold Plated Alloy with Cubic Zirconia for Women

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, intricate and beautifully made., 18 Dec. 2016
I'm seriously wondering how they can produce this for under eight quid. It is beutfully made, and looks exactly like the picture. The clasp seems good and my wife is delighted with this. I've seen items like this on the high street for £20 plus. Hopefully it will wear well. If it does it is an absolute bargain, and I will buy some more OneChance jewellery. I also got a pendant and that is lovely too. Highly recommended.
I did get this and another piece for discount with no requirement for a review, and that would never affect my review anyway, so please accept this review on face value, you will be delighted with this piece of jewellery.

OneChance Fashion Jewelry Gold Plated Alloy Austria Crystal Heart-shaped Pendant Necklace

5.0 out of 5 stars Really nice, better than stuff twice the price on the high street., 18 Dec. 2016
Wow, I got two items of jewellery from this seller and both are beyond expectation for the money. This looks exactly like the photo. You could quite easily spend double for similar from the likes of Next or M&S but they are not as nice as this. Highly recommended.

Knog Blinder Mob Mr Chips 64 LED Ultra Wide Front Bike Light - Black
Knog Blinder Mob Mr Chips 64 LED Ultra Wide Front Bike Light - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very bright, 18 Dec. 2016
Not sure about longevity, but it is very, very bright.

Samsung MB-SG64E SDXC PRO Class 10 UHS-I U3
Samsung MB-SG64E SDXC PRO Class 10 UHS-I U3

5.0 out of 5 stars Speeds as advertised, one of the fastest., 18 Dec. 2016
Good card, one of the fastest available, and independently tested to get the claimed 90/80.
Getting one for my DJI Mavic.
See testing here- [...]
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2016 11:51 AM GMT

Paladone Happy Man Corkscrew
Paladone Happy Man Corkscrew
Offered by Evolution of Eden (in the UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good protection, takes a long time to come., 11 Dec. 2016
Thankfully Happy Man (who took a long time to come) came with ample protection on his corkscrew in the form of foam to stop him penetrating the packet, and causing me embarrassment when Mrs H had him come at work.

MAXINDA 144 LED Solar Powered Raindrop Lights Waterproof Meteor Shower Lights Chrismas Decorative Lighting for Garden, Patio, Yard, Party,Chrismas Tree(30CM White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, once on, set and forget, very unusual lighting effect., 11 Dec. 2016
These are really good. I did wonder if they would work in the British winter, but they do. After a days charge in a pretty cloudy day, I seem to be getting around 6 hours out of them.
The one thing I do not like is that the switch on the back is press button under weatherproof rubber, and it is difficult to tell whether it is on or off.
When it is on, when it gets dark enough (the light sensor seems to be built into the solar panel itself, it is not the small hole that I thought it was) they automatically switch on. There is also an LED on the sensor to show it is on. All I can suggest is that if they are not on, you go out when it is dark to press the button, until they come on, because as I have said it is not possible to determine if the button is in its on or off position.
The lights are really impressive, and its incredible that they run without having to plug them in so you can put them anywhere in the garden, and it is set and forget once you have them switched on, and they will come on every night and give a nice display.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20