Profile for S. Baldwin > Reviews

Content by S. Baldwin

S. Baldwin "dragonsue" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Stones of Andarus (The Devenshire Chronicles (Book One) 1)
The Stones of Andarus (The Devenshire Chronicles (Book One) 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars where to start?, 22 Dec. 2012
It is a well thought out, fascinating, fantasy story, that left me looking for the next book just as I finished the first!

ROT & BYRNE - Life's A B@$t@rd Then You Die - Part One
ROT & BYRNE - Life's A B@$t@rd Then You Die - Part One

5.0 out of 5 stars Why haven't I seen this author before?, 15 Nov. 2012
This guy is brilliant! Funny? I laughed out loud. Scary? I (almost) wet my pants. Sad? I cried a bit, (but not too much).

I want more! Much more please!

Bloodlines Part 1
Bloodlines Part 1

5.0 out of 5 stars It's un-put-down-able!, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Bloodlines Part 1 (Kindle Edition)
I read this book in two sittings, and that is because I had to babysit, other wise, I strongly feel it would have just been one, dinner be dammed!
But.... What's with the ending? It just stops! Mid way through the story! And I was still thirsting for more! So I of course had to buy the second book... and if it's half as good as this book, I will definately be searching out more of this authors work!
Well done, Brilliant!

James Wellbeloved Adult Fish and Rice Dry Cat Food 2 kg
James Wellbeloved Adult Fish and Rice Dry Cat Food 2 kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Adult fish and rice cat food, 4 Feb. 2011
As good as if I had driven the three miles to the nearest stockist and bought it!
Good delivery time, Good freshness and only a little more than it would have cost in bus fares.
And the cat is happy with it too, no allergies or anything!
What more could a girl ask for?

James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Dry Cat Food 2 kg
James Wellbeloved Adult Lamb and Rice Dry Cat Food 2 kg

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat food, 16 Nov. 2010
The cat food arrived in perfect condition, so no worries there.
And the food itself was as tasty as ever, so no worries there.
But I did find the postage a little prohibative though, which is making me think twice about ordering again.

Making Herbal Hand Creams and Salves: Storey's Country Wisdom Bulletin A-256 (Storey Country Wisdom Bulletin)
by Norma Pasekoff Weinberg

3.0 out of 5 stars Making Herbal Hand Creams and Salves, 18 Aug. 2010
This 'book' turned out to be a pamphlet, which I found disappionting considering I'd paid for a book.

It does have some recipes in it, but not as much as a book. But having said that, I have now tried three, and think the next one might be the one for me, who knows? Especially as I always think the next one is it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 28, 2010 3:27 PM BST

Troy (2-Disc Special Edition - Director's Cut) [DVD] [2004]
Troy (2-Disc Special Edition - Director's Cut) [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt
Offered by wantitcheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars Troy, 18 July 2010
A very good film, that lends it self to several watchings as the first time you dont catch all the actrors in it.

The first watching, you are so wraped up in the film, you just watch it, there is no time for "Hey isnt that so-and-so?" becuase if you do, you'll miss something.

The second watching is the time to start saying "Oh its him!", along with getting some of the finer points of the film.

The third watching is soley for entertainment, watching several actors prancing their stuff.

Gormenghast [DVD] [2000]
Gormenghast [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Jonathan Rhys Meyers

3.0 out of 5 stars This one is not for everyone., 13 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Gormenghast [DVD] [2000] (DVD)
In some places the story is deep and twisted, in others it is shallow and obvious.
It has a host of well known actors in it, including Christopher Lee and 'Dot' from EastEnders, so the standard of acting is brilliant.
The lack of CGI for the castle Gormanghast itself does detract a little, or is that because I have now been spoiled?
Having said all that, if you like fantasy, or dark comedy, then you really must watch it, but if you are not really a fantasy fan, perhaps you should look for something else.

Sons of Anarchy - Season 2 [DVD]
Sons of Anarchy - Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Charlie Hunnam
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars A rarity., 13 Jun. 2010
It is unusual to find a second series that is even half as good as the first, yet the makers of Sons of Anarchy 2 have managed to better the first series by leaps and bounds.
A truly gripping story, which made it hard to spread out our viewing, and now we have a very long wait to see what happens in series three.
If you liked the original series, you will absolutely love this one.

Ilium (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
Ilium (GOLLANCZ S.F.)
by Dan Simmons

5.0 out of 5 stars Illium, 13 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Ilium (GOLLANCZ S.F.) (Paperback)
A fascinating weaving of the classic Greek Illiad and sci/fi.
The story meshes together the Siege of Troy with a Eloi style future human race, with a genetically engineered robotic race and their struggle to stop the solar system being destroyed.
I found it almost un-put-down-able, and my only wish is that I had read this before I read the sequel, Olympus.
Having said that, I then went back and re-read Olympus, and then read Illium again too, finding bits I had missed the first time round in my hurry to find out what happened next!
A real gripping story, well crafted, and great fun.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3