Profile for L.$imms > Reviews

Content by L.$imms

L.$imms

Page: 1 | 2
Raven's Peak (World on Fire Book 1)
Raven's Peak (World on Fire Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read., 22 Feb. 2017
I liked this book.
It had a nice quick pace to it, the characters were believable.
The storyline was interesting, with a nice opening for a sequel.
Was well worth reading.

Turned (Book #1 in the Vampire Journals)
Turned (Book #1 in the Vampire Journals)

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok story line.....but too many inconsistencies., 10 Oct. 2016
I enjoyed the story line but got so frustrated towards the end I nearly gave up. I only finished it to the end because it was such a short book.

One minute her brother is 13 but the next he's 14. One moment the man she had killed played a musical instrument but the next thing we know he's a vocalist. The detectives surname is O'Riley a few moments later it's Grant? At times there was only a page or two between these alterations. Won't be reading the others in the series.

Eleanor (The Books of the Five Book 1)
Eleanor (The Books of the Five Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading., 4 Mar. 2014
I wanted to give this 5 stars but for some reason couldn't bring myself to. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, actually I thoroughly enjoyed it; however, there's something I didn't like about this book that I can't put my finger on exactly.

The sex scene in the last chapter was a let down, I wasn't expecting elicit details but after such a long build up to their complex and at times dysfunctional relationship I was anticipating something a bit more then a vague mention that sex had indeed happened.

I did enjoy the fact that reading this book felt like reading a whole saga in a sense, and I admit that I am eager to find out what happens next. However there's a part of me that can't help but think maybe the story should end here dispite there being several loose ends.

Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed series Book 3)
Fearless Magic (Star-Crossed series Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great series., 1 Nov. 2013
Loved the book, I found that it felt like a bit of a bridge between book 2 and 4 so I'm expecting a lot from book 4. Can't wait to see how the story ends. Found a few mistakes in the text as in the other books so only gave 4 stars. Very good value for money would recommend.

Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed series Book 2)
Hopeless Magic (Star-Crossed series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 26 Oct. 2013
Even better than the first book. Excellent storyline. Shame about the various grammatical errors which at times became annoying, honestly would of given 5 stars if this hadn't been the case. Extremely excited to read the third book, only I'm hoping it will be better in terms of grammar.

The Immortals of Myrdwyer: A Mages of Bloodmyr Novel: Book #3
The Immortals of Myrdwyer: A Mages of Bloodmyr Novel: Book #3

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the whole series, 12 Sept. 2013
I'm honestly a little sad that the story had come to an end. This is my favourite book in the three part series. The whole aspect of magic is revealed in so much more depth, and the characters seem more real by the minute.

Hunting Kat (Darkest Powers series)
Hunting Kat (Darkest Powers series)

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice quick read., 12 Sept. 2013
This was an OK short story. A little sad that it wasn't a full length novel. Got to be worth a read, you could easily do it in one sitting

Personal Finance Manager Lite For Kindle
Personal Finance Manager Lite For Kindle

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems useful, 30 Aug. 2013
My boyfriend and I are terrible with finances (him more than me) Looks like this will do us some good. Takes a couple of minutes to get used to, but not too confusing. Should come in handy, not a bad free app.

The Consuls of the Vicariate: A Mages of Bloodmyr Novel: Book #2
The Consuls of the Vicariate: A Mages of Bloodmyr Novel: Book #2

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 11 Jun. 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It flowed beautifully from the first one and was in fact even better than the first, I will now download the third one immediately. Good stuff!

The Circle of Sorcerers: A Mages of Bloodmyr Novel: Book #1
The Circle of Sorcerers: A Mages of Bloodmyr Novel: Book #1

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book, 9 April 2013
Downloaded it cause it was free and probably worth a read. The truth is I loved it and bought the second one straight after, I've read many free books but never paid for a sequel before today.

Page: 1 | 2