Profile for doublegone > Reviews

Oral B Pro 3000 White and Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Oral B Pro 3000 White and Clean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific toothbrush., 26 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A great electric toothbrush that leaves your teeth feeling really clean. I like the pressure sensor that lights up to indicate when you are brushing too hard. The brush pulses every 30 seconds so you know you've cleaned each quarter of your mouth properly. It gives a great clean and has a unique shaped head to get in all the nooks and crannies. It holds its charge really well and I'm only having to charge it once a week.

It really makes my teeth feel cleaner than ever. It's like having a polish done at the dentist.

I've have several electric brushes over the years and this one is the best. Highly recommended.

Game On
Game On

5.0 out of 5 stars Eyeliner and big dumb riffs - glorious!, 26 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Game On    (Audio CD)
Wow - this is an exciting young band making well-worn heavy rawk sound newly minted and fresh.

Every song title sounds like ACDC, Judas Priest, Motorhead or Saxon should have used it already - Bull by the Horns, Shoot from the Hip and Fire at Will anyone? There is absolutely nothing new here except the panache this band bring to their work. It could be 1982 not 2015. There are a good many cliches but its done with such verve and joy that it has an amazing freshness.

This style of music often goes wrong because the emphasis is on showy playing rather than songs. But the songs here are the main event. Every one is a perfectly honed hook-laden monster. Big dumb riffs abound. Choruses arrive like express trains. Solos are face-melting enough to please your inner Jack Black but kept to the point.

The New Wave of British Heavy Metal is still breaking it seems. Its just a pity Tommy Vance is no longer with us to give it a suitable introduction. "Thats Amorettes - with two Tees!"

Exhilirating stuff!

Oh and the fatherly protectiveness I feel for the bass player is not creepy, I tell you. Not creepy at all.

Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator
Airmax Anti Snoring Nasal Dilator

3.0 out of 5 stars Does a good job - but falls out quite a lot., 18 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have worn quite a few of these devices, designed to open up the airways and minimise snoring. This one is the most comfortable to wear. You really don't feel it is there at all, and it does a good job of opening up the nasal passage. The problem I had is that it just will not stay in place. Every morning I wake up with it somewhere in bed with me but not up my nose where it should be. Difficult to say whether this is an issue of size or design. As I write the device is only available as a "medium".

Every nose is different so it might be perfect for other people.

Comes with quite an attractive and neat little case.

Braun Silk Epil 7 7-561 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 6 Extra Attachments
Braun Silk Epil 7 7-561 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 6 Extra Attachments

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 16 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An update of Silk Epil 7 with more attachments. It is watertight so can be used in the shower.

By no means completely pain-free but you get used to it. Seems much more useable for legs than armpits though. I still turn to a razor for under there.

Its well-built and designed. Easy to use. You get about 40 minutes use form an hour's charge.

I am by no means convinced its better than a razor for me but as epilators go, it is a very good one. You need to shave more often but its a case of working out if for you the extra kerfuffle is worth it for more time between sessions. I'm currently on the fence about that.

ANTI SNORE/SNORING STOPPER MOUTH GUARD CUSTOM FIT * CLINICALLY PROVEN TO ELIMINATE THE PROBLEM OF SNORING *
Offered by Ama-ZODE

4.0 out of 5 stars Worked for me. Definitely worth a go., 11 Mar. 2015
There are a number of items available which work on the same principle as this device.

It pulls your lower jaw forward so the airway is opened up and can no longer act like the reed on a saxophone as you breathe.

Other mouth devices are priced around £10, £20, £50 and higher. It seems you can spend hundreds to have a dentist custom-make one for you.

I just figured start with the cheapest and see if there is anything in it. This is surely the cheapest. And it has worked for me. It is by no means perfect. I still snore but not so loudly. I am however getting noticeably better sleep and waking up feeling more rested. I have been having more dreams than in years. I think you only dream if you are in a deep sleep so I think that is a sign this gadget is aiding my sleep. I am glad I gave it a go. I might try one of the more expensive ones to see if I can get even more improvement.

You can't go wrong at this price. If snoring bothers you at all it is worth a try.

I found it easy to use and fit. You get it soft in hot water then have to fiddle about a bit to push it into your gums to get a good fit. It takes a little bit of getting used to and sometimes I wake up and find I have spat it out. The main downside is that my teeth hurt a wee bit in the first day or two. It is pulling the jaw forward by the teeth after all. I did try a strap device that goes round your jaw and back of your head, but found that much more uncomfortable to wear than this mouthguard.

Philips InfraPhil HP3616 150 W Infrared Lamp for Effective Pain Relief
Philips InfraPhil HP3616 150 W Infrared Lamp for Effective Pain Relief

5.0 out of 5 stars No exaggeration to say this lamp has changed my life., 11 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am one of those people for whom health always seems to be a struggle.

Exercise is an effort for me - I don't leap about in a constant endorphin rush. But I try to keep in good shape and despite being an avid stretcher and taking things in moderation (I run, swim and cylcle), I always seem to be dealing with various muscular aches, pains and niggles. My joints are now becoming an issue too, with a regular twinge in one hip.

This lamp has made a huge difference. It just seems to bring quick relief to the sort of post-exercise discomfort I had thought I was just going to have to live with.

It is well made, easty to use, and I couldn't be happier.

Cole & Mason Wood and Glass Croft Wooden 12 Jar Herb and Spice Rack
Cole & Mason Wood and Glass Croft Wooden 12 Jar Herb and Spice Rack

4.0 out of 5 stars The rack itself is of good solid feeling wood, 20 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Twelve herb-filled jars sitting in a wooden rack .

The rack itself is of good solid feeling wood. It has non-slip rubber feet at each corner. A metallic "Cole and Mason" plate on the front looks a little nasty in my opinion.

The jars are all good quality glass. The lids also feel nice and solid and rotate to three points - closed, fully open or partially open for a controlled sprinkle.

Herbs supplied were oregano, coriander, fennel, thyme, sage, cinnamon, basil, marjoram, rosemary, mint, parsley and chilli flakes.

While it is nice to receive jars full of herbs this does rather commit you to the selection here. The jars not only come with herbs in them but with the name of the herb on the lid. It strikes me that each cook has a different repertoire and would choose a different dozen ingredients. I can't see me ever using much marjoram for instance. Clearly the jars can still be filled with whatever you like but at this price I don't really want to be putting a sticky label over the top of the permanent inscription on each lid. I would have preferred emty jars and a method of labelling them with the names of my own desired herbs.

That aside this is a sturdy and pleasing spice rack, but for what it is, it does seem a little expensive.

NOCO Genius Boost UltraSafe GB30 Jump Starter 12 V Lithium
NOCO Genius Boost UltraSafe GB30 Jump Starter 12 V Lithium

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for small engines, useless for large., 20 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent gadget in every sense so long as you understand its limitations. In short: It works well for small car engines but not for larger ones.

I tested it on my Nissan Note and it was easy to use and started it up no problem. However, it would not start my brother-in-law's BMW or my friend's Audi. Found another friend with a little Fiat and again it worked fine.

So only consider buying if you have a small car. Beyond that though it is easy to use, very compact and handy to have in the boot. Chages via USB and seems to stay topped up for quite a while.

Made in India: Cooked in Britain: Recipes from an Indian Family Kitchen
Made in India: Cooked in Britain: Recipes from an Indian Family Kitchen
by Meera Sodha

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over Madhur and Anjum...there's a new curry kid on the block., 14 Dec. 2014
This is an outstanding Indian Cookery book. The recipes are fantastic. The instructions are detailed and precise. So many books are not and it drives me nuts! I need to know how hot, for how long, lid on or off.....she never lets you down.

Everything here is foolproof and most recipes contain ingredients you'll find in a small supermarket anywhere in the UK. A few items are more exotic but the results so good they are definitely worth the effort of tracking down.

I really recommend the pickles and chutneys. The mango chutney and garlic pickle in particular are sensational. I keep giving jars to friends and they go into raptures about it.

There's a good balance of veggie to fish to meat.

I have a lot of Indian cookbooks and this is one of the very best. Beats a lot of the big name writers hands down.

My Friend Cayla
My Friend Cayla

3.0 out of 5 stars Neat idea but imaginary play may be more fun., 19 Nov. 2014
This review is from: My Friend Cayla (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Don't buy this unless you have a smartphone or tablet that connects to the internet!

If you do, you download the app to your device and then link the doll to it via bluetooth.

Its a neat idea, when it works. We found it only worked about half the time, whether the signal wasn't good enough or you didn't ask your question clearly enough.

The app is easy to use. Some features don't need an internet connection, eg playing games but children will want to ask it questions and we found ours became a little frustrated.

She has a necklace that glows when she is ready for a question. You need to hold her fairly close so the microphone picks up your question.

You have to manage the child's expectation. They may think they are going to have a conversation with Cayla but that is not the case unfortunately.

So long as you understand how the doll works and her limitations, she is reasonably good fun. I was left wondering if a plain dolly and the child's imagination might be a better combination though.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20