Profile for Only_Me > Reviews

Beatrix Potter - The World of Peter Rabbit & Friends [DVD] [1992]
Beatrix Potter - The World of Peter Rabbit & Friends [DVD] [1992]
Dvd ~ Beatrix Potter

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad they've brought them out on DVD, 10 April 2011
I spent my childhood adoring Beatrix Potter tales, I used to watch them over and over on VHS.
I'm so glad they've brought them out on DVD, great for showing to my nursery class, they're so well written and innocent. Very different from the entertainment of nowadays, but the children were fixated! They loved it!

Absolutely worth the money and more!!

Forgetting Sarah Marshall [DVD] (2008)
Forgetting Sarah Marshall [DVD] (2008)
Dvd ~ Jason Segel
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 10 April 2011
Wasn't at all interested in watching this but my boyfriend bought it anyway and I hate to admit it but I was laughing from start to finish! Very funny!

And the best bit... 'I have something for you... SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP SLAP...'

Desktop Hover Football Game for 2 Players
Desktop Hover Football Game for 2 Players

2.0 out of 5 stars Breaks easily, 10 April 2011
A good idea but it's so flimsy you're better off spending a little more and getting a product which stays together!!

The Heinz Tomato Ketchup Cookbook (Storecupboard Cookbooks)
The Heinz Tomato Ketchup Cookbook (Storecupboard Cookbooks)
by Paul Hartley

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 10 April 2011
I got this for my boyfriend as he has ketchup on EVERYTHING!

A good little book if you're not paying too much for it but I don't think I'd actually make anything from it...

Made in Dagenham [DVD] [2010]
Made in Dagenham [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sally Hawkins
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant surprise!, 10 April 2011
I really didn't have any interest in watching this film to be honest, but my boyfriend got it for his Mum for mothers day and I watched it with her and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed it.

It doesn't really have much of an intro, you're sort of thrust straight in and it took a little while to gauge the characters and find out what was going on, however, once it developed it was an easy watch, and the characters had good depth. I found myself rooting for the women and hoping it all went their way!! It wasn't too predictable, but saying that I'm only 20 so I wasn't around when this was going on so I'm not sure if that's relevant!

I also really liked the fact they used (I assume!!) original film clips from the time, incorporated throughout the film brilliantly.

To conclude it was a 'nice' easy film to watch which was funny throughout. I would definitely recommend it.

It's a shame it wasn't out long at the cinema!!!

Golf For Dummies - UK Edition
Golf For Dummies - UK Edition
by Alicia Harney

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good at first glance!, 1 Oct. 2010
Pressie for the boyfriend, had a quick flick through and looks very informative. Good diagrams, notes etc. Great all-round golf book for under £10.