Profile for LDW024 > Reviews

Kids Official Character Beach Towel Cartoon Bath Swimming Towel 100% Cotton
Kids Official Character Beach Towel Cartoon Bath Swimming Towel 100% Cotton
Offered by Kriman sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain!!!, 28 April 2017
What a bargain!!! Feels really lovely and soft, good quality. My little boy is thrilled and, at this price, so am i!!! 👍🏻😊

Flying Without Fear
Flying Without Fear
by Captain Keith Godfrey

5.0 out of 5 stars Captain Keith - You're my Hero!!, 27 April 2012
This review is from: Flying Without Fear (Paperback)
I have been flying for many years - since I was around 3 years old - I am now 27 and cannot ever remember being afraid of flying until I was around 19/20.

Suddenly, and it seemed to come from nowhere, I was afraid of flying...and I mean REALLY afraid of flying!
Two weeks before I was due to fly I would have nightmares every night, all of which were centred around a plane crash. This would (obviously) only add to my anxieties as they would be at the forefront of my mind in the build up to the day of the flight.

The turning point for me was when I had to go on a business trip to Germany. The Flight was only 50 minutes long but I was in a real state. My Boss and my Husband were with me (as we work together) but nobody was allowed to talk to me. I was quiet and on the verge of tears right up until boarding. On the flight I was even worse. I was crying, shaking, my palms were sweaty, people were queuing for the toilet right next to the door and I was really panicking that they would lean on the door and it would open and blah blah blah. It sounds so ridiculous but, if you have a fear of flying you will understand my distress!
The return flight?...exactly the same!

I got home and decided that enough was enough. My fear was getting out of control. It was upsetting for my Husband because, when we were going on Holidays together I would never be excited - in fact I would be dreading it - as I didn't want to fly as I was certain the plane would crash, or we would be hijacked, or there would be a bomb on board etc...

I thought about paying for expensive hypnotism to see if that would help me but I also wanted to try and help myself first. This is when I found this book...my saviour!
I read the book as soon as it arrived and loved it, it was so interesting and also answered the questions I had always wanted to ask. Then, when I had a flight coming up, I read a few chapters of the book every night for 2 weeks before the flight. I also took the book in my hand-luggage so it was there to refer back to if I felt panicky during the flight.
I had the BEST flights I have ever had. I was actually looking forwad to getting to the Airport and getting on the plane. I was chatting with my husband and having a laugh (which I would NEVER normally have done)and just generally felt relaxed in the airport waiting to board and on the flight itself. My Husbands hand was usually white at the end of the flight from where I had been squeezing it so hard!

This book is AMAZING and a MUST HAVE for any nervous flyer!!

I take it on every flight with me to refer to if I need some reassurance and it really does work.

I feel so much more confident when flying now and it's ALL thanks to this book!!!!

Having a fear of flying is awful and I really do sympathise with anybody who has it.

I was one of those people - but after reading this book I have had several relaxed, ENJOYABLE flights...and it's all thanks to one man. Captain Keith Godfrey. My Hero.

Mum, Can You Lend Me Twenty Quid?: What drugs did to my family
Mum, Can You Lend Me Twenty Quid?: What drugs did to my family
by Elizabeth Burton-Phillips MBE

5.0 out of 5 stars Harrowing / Sad / but so so true, 10 Jan. 2011
I thought this book was amazing.

I think Elizabeth, Tony & Simon are wonderful people.

Elizabeth writes this book from the heart - there is nothing held back, she tells it exactly how it is and that is what makes this book so amazing to read.

I could not put it down - I have never read anything like it!

It is written very openly and honestly and photographs have been included to show the before and after effects of what heroin addiction can do to somebody. This is also a really nice thing as you can read the book and put a face to the name.

I would recommend EVERYBODY reads this book.

It will certailnly open your eyes - it did mine.

No Safe Place
No Safe Place
by Emily Christie

5.0 out of 5 stars How Sad, 8 Nov. 2010
This review is from: No Safe Place (Paperback)
This was by far the hardest book I have ever read.

I started reading this book and got half way through when I had to put it down and stop reading it for a few days as it had upset me so much.

Emily is a wonderful woman who had a Childhood full of pain and abuse from the one person who was meant to be there for her!

This is very upsetting and at times really difficult to read - have a box of Tissues at the ready when reading this book - it is so sad that there are so many monsters in the world preying on innocent, defenseless children.

Baby X: Britain's Child Abusers Brought to Justice
Baby X: Britain's Child Abusers Brought to Justice
by Harry Keeble

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Keeble - What a man you are!, 12 Oct. 2010
This book is so sad.

You really cannot believe how much evil there is in the world today!!

This book is a real eye-opener into how far the "Cardigan Squad" will go to protect these abused and neglected kids!

Harry Keeble is an inspirational Man.

I would definitely recommend this book.

Thank You.

Bad Things in the Night
Bad Things in the Night
by Beth Ellis

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank You, 5 Oct. 2010
I found this book so very sad.
Beth is such a fantastic writer she should be so proud of herself - I could not put this book down and read it in 2 days!
She has had such a tough time throughout her life and her strength and courage is amazing.

I have read over 30 Abuse books now and people always ask me the same Question "How can you read those books?" - and my answer is ALWAYS the same, "The people that write these books have gone through life being "silenced" and threatened to "never tell anyone". Writing a book is their chance of FINALLY having a voice and having the courage to "tell" somebody about what happened - so I will damn well listen to them!".

Thank You.
x
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2013 1:23 PM BST

I Miss Mummy: The true story of a frightened young girl who is desperate to go home
by Cathy Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Another CLASSIC by Cathy Glass, 20 Aug. 2010
I have read ALL of the books by Cathy Glass and this one is up there with the best of them!
I love the way that Cathy writes her books to make you feel like you are going along that journey with them!

She is a fantasic writer and I really hope she will have more books out soon.

A must-read!

Hush, Little Baby
Hush, Little Baby
by Shane Dunphy

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, 20 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Hush, Little Baby (Paperback)
I could not put this book down once I had started it.
This was really well-written and, although some parts are painful and deeply upsetting to read, it makes you aware of just how much evil is in the world today but that there are people out there who make it their Job to help.
I would recommend this book to anybody, but definitely not one for the faint-hearted.