Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Learn more Fitbit
Profile for seamstress > Reviews

Content by seamstress

seamstress "hdh1028"

Qualtex Mini Tool Kit For Numatic Vacuum Cleaners
Qualtex Mini Tool Kit For Numatic Vacuum Cleaners
Offered by First4Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 13 Feb. 2013
If you have a Hetty cleaner this is a must buy. I lost my original set and was really surprised that I could still purchase a set.

How Easy Is That?
How Easy Is That?
by Ina Garten

5.0 out of 5 stars It was easy, 30 Dec. 2012
This review is from: How Easy Is That? (Hardcover)
Certainly a book for people who are perhaps not so confidient with cooking. Saying that as an experienced cook I still foud it very useful and made me rethink some old favourite dishes in a new way. Excellent value for money.

Barefoot Contessa: Foolproof
Barefoot Contessa: Foolproof
by Ina Garten

5.0 out of 5 stars Clearly written, 30 Dec. 2012
Beautifully photographed and clearly written. I found this book very easy to use. It inspired me to try dishes I might not have undertaken previously. Certainly a good read.

Saving Grace [2000] [DVD]
Saving Grace [2000] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brenda Blethyn

4.0 out of 5 stars Saving Grace (2000) 9DVD0, 30 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Saving Grace [2000] [DVD] (DVD)
I did enjoy the film, although I felt it was somewhat dated, the story line was OK and I think it must have given the writers the idea for Doc Martin as the film was set in Port Isaac in Cornwall. Worth a watch when there is nothing else on TV.

Call the Midwife - Series 1 [DVD]
Call the Midwife - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jessica Raine
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Call the Midwife, 10 May 2012
I have only seen one of this series on the TV as I missed all the others, so I decided to buy a copy of the dvd and it was well worth every penny I spent on it. I watched all 6 in one night. I cried and I smiled all the way through. I was born in the early 1950s so quite a lot of what happened, especially at the clinics, I well remember, if mainly for the smell. It is a very well written drama and the actors are exceptional. My Mother-in-law was a midwife during the 1940/1950s in a mining district and this series could have been set there. Well done BBC. I can't wait for the next series.

The World of Downton Abbey
The World of Downton Abbey
by Jessica Fellowes

5.0 out of 5 stars The World of Downton Abbey, 6 Oct. 2011
What a book!!! I couldn't put it down it's absolutely fascinating. Clearly written and beautifully photographed. This book is a must for all lovers of the TV series. The added information given from people who have actually been involved in the day to day running of large houses just added to the pleasure of the whole book. It will certianly be a book I will go back to again and again.

Couture Sewing Techniques, Revised & Updated
Couture Sewing Techniques, Revised & Updated
by Claire Shaeffer

5.0 out of 5 stars Couture Sewing Techniques - Revised and Updated, 21 May 2011
If you only ever purchase one advanced sewing book then this is the one for you. I have been working with fabrics for over 50 years and this book is just fantastic. I never owned a copy of the previous book but if it is anything like this Revised and Updated version, then I have missed out on an excellent purchase. The book is clearly written and assumes that you have passed the basic sewing mark. Beautifully illustrated with colour photographs and line drawings. A must buy for all sewers who aim for perfection.