Profile for Ian > Reviews

Ian (UK)

Aqua Moda Large Solar Fountain with Timer, Battery Back Up and LED Light
Aqua Moda Large Solar Fountain with Timer, Battery Back Up and LED Light

3.0 out of 5 stars good, 21 April 2012
My overall rating for this solar pump is pretty good, although not ecstatic. The actual pump itself looks very small, but now it is working I can't fault it for a small garden pond (mine is 8ftx5ft). The manual has clearly been written in another language ( i would guess chinese) and then auto-translated. This means it reads badly and isn't really very helpful. The rechargeable battery is lead-acid not NiMH which i was expecting. Lifespan is listed as only 1-2 years. Also the battery does not arrive precharged, so takes 2 days to charge before you can test the pump. I think overall VFM is good depending on how long the battery actually does last.

The Barefoot Book of Knights [With CD]
The Barefoot Book of Knights [With CD]
by John Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars enthralled, 3 Nov. 2007
Since being given this book two months ago my 5year old twins can't get enough, they love the stories and the beautiful way each one is illustrated and I get bombarded with questions about how and why for days afterwards. Daddy missed reading two of the chapters the first time round, as he was working late. My son suggested it was only fair that we read the wholebook again so Daddy wouldn't miss out! They will treasure this for years, especially when they later when they can read it for themselves.
If the art of story telling and bedtime stories is one you wish to enjoy in your family then I doubt you will regret adding this to your bookshelves, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we are doing.