Profile for AKfourtyLemon > Reviews

Content by AKfourtyLemon

AKfourtyLemon

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BenQ GL2250HM LED TN Panel 21.5 inch W Multimedia Monitor (1920 x 1080, DVI, HDMI, Speakers, 12M:1, 2 ms GTG and 1000:1) - Glossy Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic screen works perfectly great resolution, 5 Feb. 2016
Fantastic screen works perfectly great resolution. Only downside is the built in speakers are terrible and the control buttons on the side aren't as dynamic as other monitors I have seen.

Sumbox Periodic Table Of the Elements Educational Science Poster
Sumbox Periodic Table Of the Elements Educational Science Poster

2.0 out of 5 stars Lanthanum and actinium are inexplicably coloured incorrectly and this will ..., 5 Feb. 2016
Lanthanum and actinium are inexplicably coloured incorrectly and this will irritate you if your a proper chemist. Dimensions given were accurate but still a little bit small for a poster.

iPad Air Keyboard, JETech Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Case for Apple iPad Air with 360 Degree Rotation and Multi-Angel Stand
Offered by JEDirect UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Improve YOUR ipad experience today!! But handle with care..., 5 Feb. 2016
At first I was unsure as the item seemed rather flimsy and easily broken. After a while I realised it was stronger than I had first judged it to be and I have grown to really enjoy this case. It transformed my ipad air into essentially a nifty little laptop that I like to affectionately call my 'apptop'. The keyboard itself is fantastic and is the most mechanical integrated keyboard I've ever seen attached to a tablet. This means typing a great deal is made much easier and I am able to take rapid notes without making many errors. The apple specific keys make using the ipad a joy as it allows locking/unlocking of the screen, switching apps, returning to home screen, taking screen shots, opening the onscreen keyboard, adjusting brightness and volume as well as playing and pausing video. The folding mechanism is really versatile. Not only does it allow for landscape and portrait orientations it is also possible to adjust the resting angle of the screen. It is also possible to fold the screen all the way around so that you can still use your tablet as it was intended to whilst the keyboard stays tucked away. The battery life is exceptional. At the time of writing this review I have owned the case for just over 4 weeks and have yet to charge it. The low battery light has just come on but it remains functional without charge so far. The bluetooth connection works really well and it took me less than a minute to set it up initially and since the original setup it takes less than 5 seconds for it to connect and has never let me down. The only downside to this case is it is really tricky to remove the iPad from the case. It is explained how to do this more easily in the user manual however I am unable to locate this document now and I can't remember how it was done so I haven't removed the iPad since I put it in originally. I'm sure by following the instructions this process can be made much easier but it is not intuitive enough as it is currently. The bright side of this negative point of course is that it demonstrates the iPad sits very firmly and safely in its place. If I were to predict future problems that could arise with continued use of the jetech wireless keyboard case is that the circular hinge which the whole case relies upon still seems like a vulnerable/fragile feature that given enough time or perhaps a careless moment will break rendering the item worthless.

DN-ALive 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug To 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug 1.2 Meter
DN-ALive 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug To 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug 1.2 Meter
Offered by Qflying

5.0 out of 5 stars 3.5mm Jack to Jack, 10 Dec. 2010
Does the Job, Nice long cable...found it usefull to allow back seat passengers of the car to select music without craning fowards. Recommended for the price.

Konnect - Portable Stereo Speakers For SanDisk Sansa Fuze 2GB, 4GB,8GB,Sansa View,E200,E250,E260,E270,E280 & Sansa Clip MP3 Player

3.0 out of 5 stars Konnect Portable Speakers - Review, 10 Dec. 2010
It would be nice if the image provided had something to scale against, becuase having recieved the speaker set I was a little surprised at how small they were in actuallity. Never the less handy little speakers that you can plug into mains or use AAA battery's to power remotely. The major drawback for these speakers is the volume...if your looking for loud...look elsewhere. I found them to be usefull to listen to in the bath or at night when the household is in slumber.

FreeStyle - White Headphones - iPod All Generations
FreeStyle - White Headphones - iPod All Generations
Offered by Agagadgets

2.0 out of 5 stars consider an alternative, 8 Nov. 2010
The earphones arrived loose in a standard white envelope and probably as a result of this the metal mesh on the speaker part of the headphones had started to unravel which I discovered when I first inserted them into my ears and I felt a sharp stabbing sensation. I have since removed the offending spike of mesh and the headphones work fine. Cant help but feel as though I should have ordered from another seller.

Martin 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings - Light
Martin 80/20 Bronze Acoustic Guitar Strings - Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Martin is my friend, 8 Nov. 2010
Good quality stings with a nice full sound, the more they break in the better they sound and they keep tune well.

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sansa Clip Review, 1 Nov. 2010
I ordered the sansa clip 8gb almost a year ago and i've never been more pleased with an mp3 player. To be honest it was a panic purchase initially because I was looking for a cheap mp3 player and there happened to be a good deal on this player. I previously owned a well known brand associated with a perticular fruit, and this player in my humble opinion beats it hands down.

The sansa clip mp3 player is the same size as a small box of matches and has a strong clip on the back that's extremely usefull as it can be attached almost anywhere on your person. Do not underestimate how usefull this is as it avoids the scenario where it falls in the sink or onto a busy road etc.

The 8gp internal memory astonishes people when the see the size of the player and the ability to add up to 16gb external memory is priceless. I personally got an 8gb external microSD card for my player bringing the total memory space to 16gb.

The player organizes music and files brilliantly and makes searching for your songs/podcasts/recordings a piece of cake. It compiles files from both internal and external memory into one easy to search list. The screen is very small and basic but it doesent bother me because of how usefull it is, i carry it litrally always.

The sound quality is excellent and the headphones provided are good also. I use my player to listen to podcasts and it's brilliant to do this with. When you turn the player off or change the file playing you can then return to the point in the podcast which you were previously at. Brilliant if you enjoy listening to long recordings.

The battery life for the sansa clip is good, i have owned this player for almost a yeaR and I have not noticed any deterioration in battery life. It's difficult to give an accurate estimate at how long the player lasts. But at a guess i would say it lasts between 8 - 10 hours depending on how loud the audio is and how much you touch the buttons etc. There are power saving options and sleep timers in the settings. A usefull feature I find with this player is that you can charge it and play files at the same time, which is brilliant for car journeys. The usb port on the player is the standard universal port (unlike the leading brand).

Other features on the player include the radio which has always been functional for me and doesent rely on headphone arials like some other players. It picks up FM radio stations clearly. The great feature with the radio on this player is that you can record and save directly from broadcasts. Excellent if you want to record songs and mixes from radio dj's. The player also boasts a voice recording function wich makes for a good dictaphone. I would imagine it might be usefull for students but I have never been one myself. The voice recorder is very functional however, and picks up sounds clearly from a reasonable distance.

I have since purchased another mp3 player that had a touch screen and video player in an attempt to upgrade but have found myself reverting completely to the sansa clip player. I also accidently left the player out in the rain one night and although it did not turn on for a while it then came back to life a couple weeks later. I would not say it is waterproof in anyway but it is certainly sturdy.

In conclusion I would highly reccommend this product to anyone who uses their mp3 players all the time.

Hope this helps!! H,P.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Rainbow leather end guitar strap, 29 Oct. 2010
Arrived within the allocated delivery time in perfect condition. Good quality guitar strap, suitable for both electric and acoustic guitars, looks good too. Would recommend.

Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard
Yamaha YPT210 Portable Digital Keyboard

5.0 out of 5 stars Starter Keyboard, 29 Oct. 2010
Very good practice keyboard at an affordable price, grand piano effect is very good. Came with boxed instructions and music sheet holder + ac power supply. The box was opened when it arrived but everything within is in working order. Would recommend for the burgening pianist.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2011 6:37 PM GMT