Profile for Ms. Lyndsay E. Wallace > Reviews

Content by Ms. Lyndsay E....

Ms. Lyndsay E. Wallace "Miss W" (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Russell Hobbs 14453 Food Collection Compact Food Steamer, 7 L - Brushed Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact and great value, 9 April 2013
I have a small kitchen and was looking for a steamer which would fit neatly whilst still being able to prepare a good volume of food. This steamer provided me with exactly what I was looking for. It is quite tall and slim so can fit neatly into a corner without taking up too much space and I have prepared many meals for myself and my 7 month old daughter with ease. The timer allows you to leave something cooking while you get on with other things - perfect.

The only downsides are that there is no alarm to alert you when the cooking process is complete and the containers are made with pretty flimsy plastic. This was not an issue for me though as they still do the job fine.

SwankySwans Women's Vintage Floral Print Wallet In White 3U-5Z8F-PJ25 Small
SwankySwans Women's Vintage Floral Print Wallet In White 3U-5Z8F-PJ25 Small

1.0 out of 5 stars Garish and poor quality, 9 April 2013
The product did look as pictured but the quality of the materials was poor and some of the design had all ready scratched off when I unwrapped it. The fabric on the purse was shiny which I had not realised which gave it a garish quality which I really did not like. Unfortunately, my 7 month old daughter took a liking to it and had given it a good gumming so I was unable to return it.

Forest Mage (The Soldier Son Trilogy, Book 2)
Forest Mage (The Soldier Son Trilogy, Book 2)
by Robin Hobb

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Robin!, 10 Sept. 2006
I've never really been into fantasy all that much but Robin Hobb came highly recommended so I thought "why not?". The Farseer books blew me away and since then I have read pretty much everything of hers I could get my hands on.

I've read a few reviews of her newest Soldier Son trilogy and have been disappointed by the inability people have to let go of the old and embrace the new. Yes Fitz, Nighteyes and the Fool became the loves of my life whilst I was reading the books and I was quite frankly devastated when I read the final page of the last book in the series but I've kept my mind open and allowed Hobb to entice me with something different.

Shamen's Crossing is a slow mover (as was Assassin's Apprentice) but this is key to why Hobb's characters are so beautifully developed. The main character in this book is not immediately likeable but this is to show just how inhibited he is by the world his father has created for him. He does not understand what it means to love someone of his own accord, to choose a path for himself which is not predesigned. I think the reader feels alienated from him because we no longer live in a world where our decisions are made for us. I will never forget Fitz but his story is over (thankfully a happy ending) and Nevare's is only just beginning.