Profile for Rubbah > Reviews

Content by Rubbah

Rubbah "Rubbah" (Hertfordshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Magnitone London Wipeout the Amazing Microfibre Cleansing Cloth - Pink, Pack of 2

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy for travel, 1 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Thsee cloths are a great alternative to normal make up removers. They don't seem to take off all my eye make up though so I've been using one uf the cloths in tandem with a micellar water for my mascara. Very handy fr travel.

bliss Incredi-'Peel' 30 Pads
bliss Incredi-'Peel' 30 Pads

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss Pads, 1 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was sceptical of these pads at first but after about a week if use, I noticed that a crop of red spots and marks on my chin that have been there for years had nearly disappeared!
On first use, the pads sting a little bit but only as much as a volumising lip gloss stings. My skin dies feel a little drier having been using these pads consistently but moisturiser sorts that out.

bliss Body Butter, Grapefruit and Aloe 200 ml
bliss Body Butter, Grapefruit and Aloe 200 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Body butter, 22 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was my first Bliss product and I loved it. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave any residue on the skin. The bumpy bits on my arms have gone down after a week of use. And the smell I'd zingy and uplifting.

Make-Up Blender Complexion Sponge
Make-Up Blender Complexion Sponge

5.0 out of 5 stars Make Up Sponge, 26 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My sister is a make up artist and when I started using this sponge she asked me what I was doing different because my foundation was looking much better- so whilst I don't overly notice the difference myself it clearly makes a difference!

SKIN&CO Roma Umbrian Truffle Exfoliating Gel 230 ml
SKIN&CO Roma Umbrian Truffle Exfoliating Gel 230 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Shower Gel, 26 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Smells delicious and has a pleasant grainy texture. It's supposed to be a shower gel but I found it makes quite a sucessful bubble bath too!

Caraval: the mesmerising Sunday Times bestseller
Caraval: the mesmerising Sunday Times bestseller
by Stephanie Garber

2.0 out of 5 stars Caraval, 26 Jan. 2017
I was not a fan of Caraval. It suffers from all the major YA sins:

1) Clearly written to be the start of a series, so not a satisfying read in itself
2) The romance plot is shoehorned in and is incredibly problematic at times.
3) The main protagonist, Scarlett is the worst kind of heroine. Everything just happens to her, and even when she seems to take control of her life, the cause is someone else's manipulation of her.
4) character 'twists' are more are supposed to be shocking, but as most characters are never fleshed out beyond their physical attractiveness, nothing anyone does in this book is that surprising or interesting.

On the plus side, the concept of Caraval is great, some of the writing is lovely and the descriptions of the carnival itself were often beautiful and imaginative. But my big issue is that none of this really amounted to anything and all the quirky touches that might make the story stand out from the YA crowd just stayed in the background.

I hate giving a bad review- and I would like to stress that I am reviewing an advance copy so potentially some changes might be made. But overall I found Caraval very disappointing.

Strange the Dreamer
Strange the Dreamer
by Laini Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Strange the Dreamer, 31 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Strange the Dreamer (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I haven't loved a YA fantasy novel this much in years. I find the vast majority very entertaining but most quite clichéd and full of the same character types.

Strange the Dreamer, however, features some really unusual characters and whilst we do have an orphan who is destined for greatness and an unlikely immediate true love situation, the characters are so likeable you don't mind at all.
What Laini Taylor does is take the normal tropes and rework them in very satisfying ways. I would recommend this to all lovers if fantasy, even if you would normally avoid those books that are categorised as YA.

Murad Clarifying Mask 75 ml
Murad Clarifying Mask 75 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Mud mask, 13 Oct. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I live a good face mask and feel like I could have a blog dedicated to them! This one has a good consistency and a neutral smell. It is easy enough to apply and I'd say my skin was glowing for a day after use.
The only thing is that it isn't dramatically better than the much more affordable price In a Brean mud mask that I've been buying for years, so this mural one us maybe better as a present.

ACE Breathalyzer Dräger Alcotest 3000 - the little brother of the German police tester, UK-Version

5.0 out of 5 stars ... as you would expect for a bit of kit like this., 13 Oct. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This works really well as you would expect for a bit of kit like this... But not sure how practical a need it us for the vast majority of people though. We use it at work to spot check employees with known alcohol abuse issues.

Otherwise easy to use and we'll packaged.

Paul Hollywood by KitchenCraft Non-Stick Deep Round Cake Tin with Loose Base, 20 cm (8")

5.0 out of 5 stars Paul hollywood caketin, 4 Oct. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A decent cake tin with a loose bottom. Does everything you need it to do! It also feels nice and sturdy. However I have had cheaper cake tins in the past that are just as good so it's worth shopping around for lower prices.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20