Profile for Chief Smeg > Reviews

Content by Chief Smeg

Chief Smeg "Gadget Fan" (Yorkshire, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
M3 Full Nut (50 Pack) 3mm A2 Stainless Steel Hex Hexagon Nuts Free UK Delivery
M3 Full Nut (50 Pack) 3mm A2 Stainless Steel Hex Hexagon Nuts Free UK Delivery
Offered by Falcon Workshop Supplies Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Contains Nuts!, 14 Jan. 2017
What can I say, I wanted 50 Stainless Steel M3 nuts so I bought these and luckily- there are 50 of them and they are made from Stainless Steel. I can't tell you anything about the M3 thread because I'm not using them for their thread; they are to drop into bottles of Airbrush Acrylic paint to act as an agitator when I shake the bottle (and these are WAY cheaper than stainless ball bearings).
Perfect for what I want them for.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Modelcraft Side Cutter
Modelcraft Side Cutter

5.0 out of 5 stars A good purchase, 5 Dec. 2016
Been using these for a while now and the seem ok so far. I. Not expecting wonders for the price I paid, but they are working well and I'm happy with my purchase.

H&S® Illuminated LED Light Head Loupe Magnifier Visor Magnifying Glass Headband headset
Offered by H&S Alliance UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect, 5 Dec. 2016
If like me you do precision work and your eyesight is poor then this is a very good investment. Loads of lenses that can be used in pairs if required and even has a light.
I knocked off a star because I had to take the headband ratchet mechanism apart and modify it slightly to make it actually stay locked in a size I want because it kept loosening itself. It just needed a washer and a slightly longer screw and it was back in the game. I'm very happy with it

The Slow Cooker Cookbook: Time-Saving Delicious Recipes for Busy Family Cooks
The Slow Cooker Cookbook: Time-Saving Delicious Recipes for Busy Family Cooks
by Audrey Deane

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 5 Dec. 2016
Tried a few recipes from this in the vain hope that one would be nice. How wrong was I.

If you do have this book, please PLEASE do not try the sweet and sour chicken. I really mean this, it stank the house out and tasted awful.

One for the charity bag (with a post it note warning on the sweet and sour page)

Star Wars Galactic Empire Travel Kit
Star Wars Galactic Empire Travel Kit
Offered by Toy Zany

5.0 out of 5 stars Come over to the dark side - we have toiletry bags, 5 Dec. 2016
This is just awesome looking and extremely well made. When I fly off in a morning to deal with the rebel scum (walk to the family bathroom) it holds everything I need with room to spare for... well spares.

Embrace your dark side and buy one too

Star Wars Rebel Alliance Travel Kit
Star Wars Rebel Alliance Travel Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the morning you blow up a Death Star, 5 Dec. 2016
I love this, no I really do. The colours are vibrant, it's well made and when I do my morning trench run (walk to the family bathroom) it holds everything I need with room to spare.

Draper WB/I 4-Row Wire Scratch Brush
Draper WB/I 4-Row Wire Scratch Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Its good. It's a brush with wire bristles. It's a wire brush!, 5 Dec. 2016
What can I say; as a toothbrush or for applying paint it would be rubbish, but for cleaning up a bit of rusty metal or something you have just welded then it works perfectly. Odd really, normally a wire brush ends up looking like a worn out toothbrush after a fairly short time and the handles gets caked in accumulated filth, this little baby seems to be standing up to its life of abuse rather well. When it finally does join it's worn out brothers in the box in my garage I keep things like this in (well you just never know) then I'll replace it with another exactly the same. You can't say fairer than that.

Grip-It Assorted Plasterboard Fixings - (32 Pieces)
Grip-It Assorted Plasterboard Fixings - (32 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars These are just unreal!, 5 Dec. 2016
Wow - wish I'd thought of this idea because they are simply brilliant. I was so impressed I took them into work to show some of the guys there (we are all mechanical engineers) and they were blown away too!

Basically, drill a big hole in your wall, push the item into the hole, push a screwdriver into the centre and turn it to engage the licking flanges. Then simply screw your item to this little gadget.

I used the red Ines to hold a cast fireplace to a stud wall and it has not moved a millimetre.

Oh yes, you can even reuse these if you want to. What a bargain!

MoKo Kindle Paperwhite Case, Standing Origami Slim Shell Case For Amazon All-New Kindle Paperwhite (Fits All 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016 Versions), Black
Offered by BSCstore EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 5 Dec. 2016
I have an original Amazon branded cover for my gen2 paper white which is really nice, but the built in stand on this cover is great. Holds my kindle nice and steadily in the portrait attitude at just the right angle. And the price was amazing too.

It's very well made but to be honest for the price I was not expecting the level of quality I received. It really is first rate

Govinder Balls Red
Govinder Balls Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 5 Dec. 2016
These are Govinder sculptures so I have a biased view I'm afraid, I am a huge fan of the works of the late Govinder Nazran and his cats are just perfect.

Fabulous.