Profile for Tay > Reviews

Content by Tay

Tay (Watford, United kingdom)

The Gatekeepers
The Gatekeepers

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring!, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Gatekeepers (Kindle Edition)
I loved it and it brought a more precise understanding to the business mans duties in the church. Thank you

Invicta Unisex Pro Diver Automatic Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Silver/Gold Plated Bracelet 8927

3.0 out of 5 stars Invicta Pro Diver, 14 Dec. 2012
I ordered this watch from More4less fulfilled by Amazon. Took it out the box and I love the watch.
However the next day, it had stopped working. I gave the counterweight a couple of spins, set the time and went to work.
Checked my watch when I was about to leave for lunch and it had stopped working (surely that isn't right)
During my lunch break I spent at least 15 minutes winding it up and by the time I got home at 5.30, it had died again.
Long story short, I discovered I had a faulty piece and went on Amazon to ask for a replacement.
Amazon however, do not give replacements on items FBA so I had to ask for a refund which I really don't want.
Went through the refund process and YODEL are yet to pick up the carefully boxed parcel despite giving them specific collection dates.
Here i am, ordering the same watch from the same seller again (hoping this one works out the box) whilst waiting for collection of the original watch.
Just before I check out I have decided to write a review.
I am giving the watch a 3 star because despite the fact that I really love it, I am sure there are a couple of other defective out of the box units.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 4:09 PM BST

Nikon Coolpix L810 Digital Camera - Bronze (16.1MP, 26x Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Coolpix L810 bronze, 29 Mar. 2012
I was looking at getting a decent camera to start my photography hobby, after lots of searching and reviews, I had my mind set on the Nikon Coolpix L120. A big name retailer has it at a very competitive price but no store around me had it in stock. Being an Amazon prime member I decided to have a look on here and saw that a new model was available on Monday. Without hesitation, I placed my order and the camera arrived on Tuesday.

Had it out of the box and was taking pictures in minutes, I was impressed by the pictures It produced (remember I am a novice and have no idea what iso and exposure mean but still managed some decent shots). Got it out last night to take a picture of the moon and I am very impressed with the results. (Image uploaded to gallery)

It should be known that like the L120 before it, this is a point and shoot camera with super zoom, it is not a proper bridge camera with advanced controls, it does not save images in RAW format, and its optical zoom whilst recording a video is quite slow. These are not really of bother to me as I will move on from this camera when I am more confident with my photography to a better one.

There is one major gripe with this camera though. It writes to memory pretty slowly. There is almost a 2-3 second delay after taking a photograph before you can view it. That is way too slow for some people who might want to take shots in a hurry.
I am pleased with the images it produces and think it's worth the price (Hey, Amazon, you reduce the price by £11 two days after I buy it? what's that about? Where do I ask for the refund?).

I shall however give it a 4 out of 5 rating as I do not believe this camera is that much of a significant upgrade over the L120. If I could return it, I would return it, get the L120 and save £60.

I shall update this review as time goes on. Perhaps this is initial buyer's remorse.
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2012 1:30 PM GMT

Casio G-Shock - Men's Analogue/Digital Watch with Resin Strap - GA-100-1A4ER
Casio G-Shock - Men's Analogue/Digital Watch with Resin Strap - GA-100-1A4ER

5.0 out of 5 stars Casio X-large Combi Watch, 11 May 2010
This is one G-shock that is going to be extremely popular as time goes by.
The strap is wide and comfortable, delivery was fast and on time.
If you want an affordable G-shock, look no further.
An excellent buy! I loved it so much i bought the stealth version too!
Minor niggles, you cant see the hour hand too well with the LED at night because its red.
Still, 5 stars all the way!
what are you waiting for? buy it... now!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2011 5:32 PM GMT

Marc Ecko E22569G1 Gents Chronograph Movement Polished Silver Stainless Steel Case & Bracelet with Iced Bezel & Silver Dial

5.0 out of 5 stars Marc Ecko the M-1, 18 Dec. 2009
If you love your Bling, this is the watch for you. pretty heavy and solidly built.
Will definitely purchase the silver/gold model too. Makes everyone stop and stare.