Profile for M. Solla > Reviews

Guy Bourdin (55s)
Guy Bourdin (55s)
by Alison M Gingeras

1.0 out of 5 stars bit dissapointing, 22 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Guy Bourdin (55s) (Hardcover)
I purchased this book because I'm a photography student and big fan of Bourdin but when I got the book I've found out that it was so tiny, the pictures were really tiny prints and not too many, so the book was a bit dissapointing.

Fashion Photography
Fashion Photography
by SMITH

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice introduction into the fashion world., 9 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Fashion Photography (Paperback)
I've purchased this book some weeks ago, because I was looking for some advice and information about the fashion photography industry.

I already had tons of books on lighting, digital photography, etc... so actually I didn't want another book talking about the classic topics like camera types, exposure, metering, composition, blablabla... and I gotta say that I'm very satisfied with the purchase, as the book is divided in various chapters, including preproduction, production and postproduction of the images. So it's really about the process and the fashion industry. It talks a lot about interacting with the clients, stylists, models, building your portfolio, getting started with TFCD sets and free models/stylists, etc... and even when it has a lot of info on lighting sets or other technical advice, I think the main theme is the fashion photography and how to start in this amazing world.

So i'm truly satisfied.

The Good Bud Guide
The Good Bud Guide
by Albie

2.0 out of 5 stars By the cover picture I expected a nice book with excellent photographies, 5 May 2010
This review is from: The Good Bud Guide (Paperback)
By the cover picture I expected a nice book with excellent photographies. Some pictures are nice but the macro/close up pictures aren't even proper macros but crops from the main pics from above!! The selection of strain is wack as well, you can really see how the selection of strains was probably done after some collabs from certain seedbanks. Most of them are dutch commercial strains from the 90s, total lack of classic strains from USA, Switzerland and of course total lack of oldschool historic strains form the 70s (Haze, Thai Stick, Colombian Gold, Oaxacan, Jamaican and any other exotic sativas). This leads me to think wether the author is really a connoisseur or not.

Totally dissapointed, I may write my own book some day... I know what to avoid!