Profile for Mr. R. J. Duddridge > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. J. Dudd...

Mr. R. J. Duddridge

Waking Dragons: A Martial Artist Faces His Ultimate Test
Waking Dragons: A Martial Artist Faces His Ultimate Test
by Goran Powell

5.0 out of 5 stars Motivating, 13 Jan. 2007
One of those rare books that motivates you to want to achieve your potential: this book is an account of the author's lifetime to date in different martial arts - in particular, different styles of karate - leading to his own 30 man kumite. Very interesting and highly recommended.

H & B DVD-5415S Multi-region DVD Player
H & B DVD-5415S Multi-region DVD Player

1.0 out of 5 stars Steer clear, 24 May 2002
I'm afraid the one I bought was wholly defective. At first I couldn't persuade it to turn on. Eventually I was able to coax it out of its sleep, but then it gave me sound and no picture. A wiggle of the scart lead enabled me to get a picture as long as the scart lead was hanging half out of the back of the socket. Now it's gone back to sleep again and none of my efforts will waken it. The worst of it is, my disc is trapped inside it and I can't get it out. This is what you get if you go for a cheap bargain from an unknown brand! Oh, and the users manual is appalling. I would have given it no stars at all if that option was available.