Profile for Tamianne > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Coraline
Coraline

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the book before the movie!, 30 May 2017
This review is from: Coraline (Kindle Edition)
This book is amazing a nd a little bit creepy. Like Harry Potter, it is always best that you watch the movie before the film! That means that you can picture the scenes in your head using your own imagination. The movie is seriously cool though so yoo should check it out! Also, another great book by Neil Gaiman is the graveyard book, so if you like this one you should check that one out too!

Dork Diaries: Frenemies Forever
Dork Diaries: Frenemies Forever

5.0 out of 5 stars I lOVE YOU RACHEL RENÉE RUSSELL!, 29 May 2017
My name is Rachel and I am 11 years old. I found this book... a real page turner! Honestly, you can't get enough of the dork diary series! There needs to be more books because I finish these in half an hour maximum. They are super easy to read, the illustrations are hilarious! The only problem with this book is that you can't put it down.

The Void
The Void
Dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars The penultimate film was too sad for me, 30 Dec. 2016
This review is from: The Void (Amazon Video)
An interesting mix of short films. I agree with the reviewer who writes that the shorter they were the more entertaining they intended to be. Some of the films were disturbing, but others were more humourous, such as The Wrong House. The penultimate film was too sad for me, however, The Void finished on a more upbeat note with the fairy story.

Random Harry Potter Facts You Probably Don't Know: (154 Fun Facts and Secret Trivia)

5.0 out of 5 stars ..........AWESOME LOL., 2 April 2016
OMG I LOVE THIS BOOK COME ON PEOPLE READ IT OR ELSE U R CRAZY AND I TOTALLY AGREE TO THE POSITIVE COMENTS SO GET IT NOE

In The Company of Cheerful Ladies (The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency series) Vol 6
by Alexander McCall Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite So Far!, 27 Jun. 2008
I really enjoyed this book and I don't know whether the author's sense of humour has grown on me or whether this book was particulary funny, but I found myself laughing a lot. I particularly loved the mental image of Mma Makutsi as a "warthog with glasses, wearing green shoes with blue linings", as thought up by Mma Ramotswe.

This is a real "feel good" book and there's so much that's good about it - the humour, the very full characters, the philosphising and the description of the Botswanan landscape and its people.

The Complete Book of Indian Cookery (Ultimate Cookery)
The Complete Book of Indian Cookery (Ultimate Cookery)
by Veronica Sperling

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my Favourite Cookery Books, 13 April 2008
I love this cookery book. All the recipes I've tried from this book have worked particularly well and I tend to use them again and again. It seems that the author has concentrated on making the recipes as delicious as possible and that great effort has gone into each one.

I particularly love the Shahi Murg (a mild chicken curry) and the murkha dahl. Some recipes seem very original, such as an accompaniment which combines rice, spring onion, cinnamon, coconut milk and carrot. I often make this or a similar variation and people love it and always want seconds.

Baggage
Baggage
by Emily Barr

3.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed with the ending - if you can call it that!, 21 Mar. 2008
This review is from: Baggage (Paperback)
I mostly enjoyed this book, found the narrating characters interesting if a little cold. It was gripping and the descriptions of Australia were authentic.

But it didn't have a proper ending! In fact it is probably the most open ended book I have ever read. It wasn't even the kind of ending that left you able to think and come to your own conclusion or make an interpretation. Such as shame as it has the kind of plot that makes you really want to know what happens. So, if you like proper endings I don't recommend this book.

I have read several other Emily Barr books though, such as "Plan B" and "Backpack" which have been well written and had good endings.

The Partner
The Partner
by John Grisham

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as his other books, 17 Jan. 2008
This review is from: The Partner (Paperback)
This is my least favourite John Grisham book so far. I didn't find the characters convincing and the ending was weak. It was a bit of a letdown after just having read "The Firm".

Skipping Christmas: Christmas with The Kranks
Skipping Christmas: Christmas with The Kranks
by John Grisham

5.0 out of 5 stars My Favourite John Grisham book, 17 Jan. 2008
I've read a few John Grisham books and this is my favourite so far.

It's very different to his usual genre. The subject and plot are original. It is funny and easy to relate to. This story has really stuck in my mind and I look back on it with fondness.

The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (New English library)
The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (New English library)
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite Stephen King Books, 17 Jan. 2008
I really loved this book. It's creepy but isn't really horror which doesn't bother me because I think I would love Stephen King's writing whatever genre he wrote. In fact this is one of the reasons why I particularly like this book as it isn't disturbing or gory.

The book has a simple but solid plot with a proper ending. The main character is endearing and the setting is wonderfully described.

I really recommend this book, particularly if you are new to Stephen King and put off by the fact that he is known as a horror writer.

Page: 1 | 2