Profile for Bernard Mahon > Reviews

Content by Bernard Mahon

Bernard Mahon

A Dictionary of Human Geography (Oxford Quick Reference)
A Dictionary of Human Geography (Oxford Quick Reference)
by Alisdair Rogers

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for any well, 13 Jun. 2013
I'd recommend this book to any professional who works with social policy makers and the academics researchers and clerical teams who support them. I have found it a handy go-to resource when I need to clarify the precise meaning of a term and need to discover the usage that has authority. I'm sure students will find the book a useful adjunct to navigating their primary sources.
The entries are clear, concise and comprehensive. Most impressively the dictionary is current, I notice that there is even an entry on the "Arab Spring" and companion website was accessible to my smart phone and appeared to be updated.
The only negatives were the size of the font (too small for my ageing eyes) and the inclusion of a rather pointless world maps that appeared almost an afterthought in the final pages.
Overall an invaluable source book for quick and definitive descriptions of concepts in Human Geography and beyond.