Profile for Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe" > Reviews

Content by Chloe S "C...
Top Reviewer Ranking: 468

Chloe S "Chick Lit Chloe" (Berkshire, UK)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Two of Us
The Two of Us

4.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read, 26 April 2015
This review is from: The Two of Us (Kindle Edition)
I was sent a new debut novel to read recently, and it was by a male author called Andy Jones. I don't read many books by male authors, mainly because they don't tend to write very much in the genres that I read, so I was excited to read this hyped debut novel. I wasn't massively keen on the cover, I found it quite bland and uninspiring, but luckily the book didn't follow suit. I really enjoyed the love story between Fisher and Ivy, but was curious to find out if they would end up with their happy ever after.

It's hard to review this novel without giving too much away, but that's what I am going to do. Therefore I won't talk much about the plot because it's one of those books that you want to find out about as you read along. I very much enjoyed finding out about how Ivy and Fisher handled the obstacles that were thrown at them during the first few days and weeks of their fledgling relationship, and exactly how they came to tackle them.

I found Ivy a bit of a strange character, and struggled to warm to her. She's older than Fisher and it is clear that that is a bit of an issue for her, although it doesn't seem to be so much for Fisher. She was quite strange with Fisher considering their relationship. She seemed quite stand-offish, quite hard to warm to and I was left wondering what Fisher saw in her at times. Fisher, however, seemed like a lovely man. He was clearly head over heels in love with Ivy, even though he seemed reluctant to tell her that throughout the book, and I think he handled all the things that were thrown at him really well. The book is told entirely through his eyes, we get to experience everything with him, and perhaps that's why he was my favourite over Ivy, but I still really warmed to him and liked him as a person.

One of the touching side plots of this book involved Fisher and his friend El, who was suffering from Huntington's disease. Andy Jones isn't afraid to get very realistic with this storyline, showing how the disease has robbed a healthy man of his ability to do pretty much anything on his own, how he has to drink from a plastic beaker like a toddler, and how he ultimately wants to die and escape his prison of a life. This was a very shocking part of the book, very moving and emotional, yet ultimately I enjoyed reading it, even though it was very clear that Fisher deeply struggled with the shocking decline of his dear friend.

While the start of the book seems to be quite light-hearted, and a fun looking at diving into a relationship head first without perhaps thinking of the consequences, it takes a far more serious turn towards the last part of the book. I was shocked with the twists and turns of the tale, left quite upset and moved by what I was reading, and it was definitely interesting reading this storyline from a male perspective as well. This was a well written, enjoyable book that really moved me from the beginning. There's a lot of emotion in this book - humour, grief, happiness, love and much more, and I feel Andy Jones does a lot of justice to his storylines through his writing and handles delicate issues gently and with respect. I look forward to reading more from this author, a very strong book that I thoroughly enjoyed.

Kit 2000mAh Universal Premium Portable Power Bank Emergency Battery Charger with Micro USB, Mini USB and 30-Pin Connector for Apple and Android Smartphone Devices - Black
Offered by AP-Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars A good portable charger, 26 April 2015
Seems a good charger, I like to pop in my bag for day trips. However, next time I would buy on with a higher mAh to get more than one full charge from it. Charges overnight well, although the LED light to see if it's charging is almost hidden by the charger wire. Not too bulky or heavy. Recommended.

Kate & Alf
Kate & Alf

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't hook me in, 26 April 2015
This review is from: Kate & Alf (Kindle Edition)
Another Harper Impulse title which caught my eye recently was the debut novel from author Carrie Stone. I have to admit I was sucked in by the gorgeous cover - it's really eye-catching and beautiful, so I was sure it was one that I wanted to dive into straight away. Being a debut book, I went in with no expectations, but I wasn't exactly sure where the book was going even by the time I had read 1/4 of it. It just seemed quite slow paced for me, and I have to admit that I didn't warm to the characters much either, it just fell a bit flat for me and was a bit of a disappointing read.

The story of Kate and Alf was one that I thought was a love story, but it didn't quite seem to be that. Kate and Alf have been together a long time, and Kate is sure that Alf is going to propose to her sooner rather than later. But when he doesn't, and ends her birthday party with a gift that is very much not an engagement ring, it leaves Kate wondering about the future of their relationship. Combine that with Alf's sudden job move, and Alf's friend Marcus suddenly moving in, Kate realises that perhaps there's something else out there for her other than her relationship with Alf.

I confess that the book was good to start with. Kate's convinced that Alf will propose, you can feel the excitement as she prepares for that party and what her future holds, but it isn't long before it all starts unravelling. You can't help but feel disappointed for Kate when the proposal doesn't happen, and also feel anger towards Alf for being so naive and not seeing what Kate wants. Right from the off, I felt this couple weren't destined to be together, and you have to wonder why they stayed with each other so long. However, rather than tackling their issues head on and talking it over like adults, I felt both Kate and Alf behaved a bit childishly, skirting around the issues and letting their anger fester rather than talking it through. In fact, I have to wonder what she saw in Alf at all. He seemed to do nothing but put down her dreams, her hobbies and generally being unsupportive - what was there to love really? Not a lot.

The introduction of another male characer, Marcus, really didn't help matters as it seemed to make Kate's behaviour even worse. I didn't like how she flitted between Marcus and Alf, almost playing them off against each other to an extent, and this is where I started to lose interest in the book. Kate was quite a selfish character, and so was Alf too if I'm honest. The book moves on, with Alf having job woes, and Kate trying her hand at something she hasn't done for many years. These things did nothing to make me feel sorry for these two people, and I was starting not to care how it ended up for them. I kept waiting for something exciting or interesting to happen, but it just never came, It had a serious tone, but felt like it needed lightening up a lot. Sadly, with characters I didn't really care for and a dull plotline, this book didn't work for me at all. I enjoy stories about normal people and their normal relationships but this one fell flat sadly.

First Time in Forever
First Time in Forever
by Sarah Morgan

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful story to read for the first time!, 26 April 2015
This review is from: First Time in Forever (Paperback)
I'll be honest and say that I thought none of Sarah Morgan's books would live up to how much I loved her 'O'Neill Brothers' trilogy, set on a beautiful snowy resort in Vermont. I loved the characters, the setting and everything about all 3 stories. However, I was so excited to receive a review copy of the first book in Sarah's brand new 'Puffin Island' trilogy. I was sure it wouldn't live up to my expectations, but how wrong I was! I absolutely loved the story from start to finish, and now cannot wait for the second book to be released in July!

Emily's life has all been thrown in awry recently, and she's struggling to cope under the pressure and expectation placed on her. She's become a stand-in mum to her young niece Lizzy after the death of her famous sister, and whisks her away to a remote island in order for Lizzy to stay under the radar of the paprazzi, who are keen to snap some pictures of the young girl. Emily isn't sure she's the right person for the job, but local boy Ryan Cooper is there to help when she needs it, whether or not she's ready to let him in. Will Emily be able to adjust to life on Puffin Island with Lizzy, and can she overcome her own fears while she's there too, as well as letting Ryan in to her life?

As I said before, this is the first book in a trilogy from Sarah Morgan, and we briefly meet the other two ladies who will take the main role for the next two books, although this one focuses on the story of Emily, one of the three friends. I really liked Emily from the beginning, and could totally understand her reluctance to take on a niece she barely knew, and run away from everything else around her in order to protect the child. It's a shock for anyone, but to have to hide her young niece is another pressure Emily doesn't need, and we can really feel her stress as the opening chapters unfold. I really enjoyed reading the journey that Emily went on throughout the book, slowly accepting her new role as caregiver to Lizzy, and it was so sweet to read their relationship blossoming too, Sarah Morgan writes the character of Lizzy so perfectly, not many authors get young child characters right in their books but this one was spot on for me.

Ryan is definitely the male hero of the book, always ready to step and save the day wherever Lizzy and Emily are concerned. He's asked by their mutual friend to keep an eye on the newcomers to the island, and he certainly takes his responsibility very seriously. Ryan was everything that the book needs from a male lead - handsome, caring and a bit of a mystery too, we're left hanging about his past for quite a while, wondering what happened to him to make him return to Puffin Island and run his yacht club. The chemistry between he and Emily was clear straight away, and I liked the twists and turns the book took regarding the possibility of the pair beginning a relationship. As ever with Morgan's books, the characters are believable, with realistic flaws and problems, and this just makes her books all the more fun for me to read.

As well as the main story, what I loved about this book was how easily Sarah Morgan created a little community within her book, and makes you want to become a resident of Puffin Island yourself! It's a close-knit community, and I cared about all the characters from Ryan's grandmothers, to the young mum who runs the failing ice-cream shop, it sounds like a wonderful place to live. Sarah Morgan's writing really brings the whole place to life as you read, and draws you ever more into the story, so you really don't want to put the book down once you start reading! The story was absolutely fantastic from start to finish, and I loved the fact that I will hopefully be catching up more with Ryan, Emily and Lizzy in the next two books to see how life is going for them all, I do love a good book series! With this book, Sarah Morgan has further cemented herself as one of my favourite authors, and I'm so excited for the next book, 'Some Kind of Wonderful' which is out this summer!

The Ever After of Ella and Micha
The Ever After of Ella and Micha
by Jessica Sorensen

4.0 out of 5 stars A fitting ending to a great series, 3 April 2015
Jessica Sorensen is the first author who introduced me to the New Adult genre of books, and I am glad that she did. Since I began reading her books, I've had my eyes opened to something I probably wouldn't have touched before, and have really enjoyed reading. The first series of books I read was centred around the character of Ella and Micha, a young and troubled teenage couple. I thoroughly enjoyed the first two books in the series, so I was really keen to read the final book and see how it would all work out for the young lovers, despite all their own personal troubles.

The day that Ella and Micha have been waiting for for ages has finally arrived - their wedding day. However, Ella is having some pre-wedding jitters, and is left unsure of what she really wants to do. Ella's not had a great family upbringing, and isn't sure she can make herself a happy future when she's never really had the chance to experience one. Micha is more sure - he knows this is exactly what he wants to do, and is looking forward to spending the rest of his life with Ella as his wife. But when he is offered an opportunity he's been waiting for for a long time, he realises he has to make a tough choice, one he doesn't want to make. Will the pair be able to make it up the aisle for their wedding day, or is it one commitment too far?

As a big fan of this series so far, I had ideas in my head about where I wanted it all to go for Ella and Micha, so there was a bit of pressure of Sorensen to deliver the right ending for me! I hadn't expected the last book to revolve around the couple's wedding, so that was a nice surprise. As usual, I loved both of the characters, and understood their individual dilemmas throughout the book. I felt so incredibly sorry for Ella. She's still not over the loss of her mother many years ago to suicide, and it's not affecting her potential future with Micah too. You can completely understand her feelings, yet at the same time I was a bit frustrated with her indecisiveness - sometimes you just have to go with your gut and do what you want to do!

Micah has to be the most understanding man on the planet! He is so completely in love with his fiancée, he's willing to put up with her craziness and indeciveness, and marry her anyway. I love how he feels towards Ella - he is her protector, her best friend, her lover, her confidante... what girl wouldn't want such a boyfriend?! He really is her hero, and I love the love between the pair, you can really feel it as you are reading. The way Sorensen writes their relationship... it's a true love story and for me there really could only be one ending.

The book isn't fast paced, it's not overly exciting to read but it s a nice slow meander to the ending of the story of Ella and Micha, and certainly doesn't disappoint for those who have enjoyed the series so far. It reveals more about these characters than we had known before, especially regarding Ella mother and what happened that fateful day - it certainly helps the reader to understand why Ella is how she is. Sorensen brings these characters so vividly to life with her story, her words and I find her narrative very easy to read. I enjoyed reading it from start to finish, and was very pleased with the ending to the series, but am sad to leave Ella and Micha behind at last. A fitting ending.

How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie (Home for the Holidays - Book 1)
How to Bake the Perfect Pecan Pie (Home for the Holidays - Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 29 Mar. 2015
Thanksgiving is obviously an American holiday, and not something we celebrate over here in the UK. However, thanks to the many American films and TV shows we all watch, we should all know that celebrating Thanksgiving is a big deal across the pond, so I wasn't completely in the dark about it all when I started this eBook which I got on Netgalley a few months ago. I hadn't read anything by author Gina Henning before, but was drawn to the gorgeous looking cover, and the story sounded good too.

Lauren has gone back home for the holidays to celebrate Thanksgiving with her family. She isn't a great cook, but looks forward to the meal that her sister always dishes up for her. However, this year there's something different. Lauren has been left a recipe by her grandmother, for her infamous Pecan Pie that she bakes every Thanksgiving. Lauren isn't known for her culinary skills, so she's understandably feeling nervous about the prospect of following in her grandmother's footsteps. Unprepared, she heads out of Thanksgiving Eve to find the pecans, but ends up bumping into someone else entirely. Will Lauren be able to make the pie in time for the big day?!

While I enjoyed the start of the book as I was reading, it did get a bit lacklustre for me as it went on, and I'll be honest and say my interest seriously started to wane as it went on. Unfortunately, I just didn't care much for Lauren, the main character, or the story around her, and I had to force myself some evenings to pick up my Kindle and carry on reading. Lauren wasn't an especially likeable person, preferring to stay away from her family if she can, although I did understand her nerves over baking the pie for her family, especially as they seem to have low expectations of her. However, once she met Jack at the pecan shop, it got a bit dull for me and I just couldn't care about their impending romance.

The family aren't especially likeable either, with a bit of a kooky sister in law, drippy brother and other characters who are quite frankly pretty forgettable. The entire story really does rest on these two, and whether or not Lauren can make the pie in time, but it just wasn't enough to keep me interested. It's a shame because as I say, it started out so well, but unfortunately just tailed off for about 1/3 of the way in. The romance story is good, but the whole pecan debacle just wasn't for me unfortunately. This is the first book in a series, with the second book 'How to Bake the Perfect Christmas Cake' being out now, and since I have it on my Kindle, I will give it a go and see if I prefer Lauren's story this time around. There will be a fourth book out this summer too. The book is well written, and I'm sure the story will appeal to others, but it just wasn't for me unfortunately.

Not a Fairy Tale: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance
Not a Fairy Tale: HarperImpulse Contemporary Romance

4.0 out of 5 stars A fairy tale story!, 29 Mar. 2015
I am a big fan of Harper Impulse author Romy Sommer, and have read all the eBooks she has had published to date. I love that they all link together in some way, and I'm pleased this is still the case now that her Westerwald series had completed with the last book, 'To Catch a Star'. This book is slightly different, but the main characters are ones we met in the last book, even though they were secondary characters there. Nina Alexander loves her job as an actress in Hollywood, but is sure she has been over-looked for a part in the latest action flick she's desperate to star in. She hires her newfound friend Dom to help her get herself into shape and prove to the world she's ready to take on the hard-hitting role. But she doesn't bank on developing feelings for Dom, and she doesn't know how to deal with that as well as her own demons...

We first met these character in 'To Catch A Star'. Nina was the co-star of the main male character in that book, Christian, and she seemed nice enough in that book, although we didn't get to know that much about her. Dom, too, was present in that book, as the stuntman for his best friend Christian, and a bit of a womaniser as well! I liked him in that book, and was looking forward to getting to know him a bit better in this book. The book begins with a bit of a bang, Nina getting a bit of a reality check, and I enjoyed it right from the first page! Although Nina puts on a bit of a façade for the cameras, we can see that there's something hurt about her, something that she is hiding and I wanted to find out what that something was.

Dom was the perfect person to bring Nina out of herself. They're both attracted to each other (of course they are!), and inevitably sparks start to fly. The sex scenes between the pair are well written, quite raunchy but don't feel too out of place in the book. The pair are well matched, and the tension was jumping out at me from the page! I really liked Dom, he sounded like a real gent, and was really dedicated to helping Nina, even though it wasn't in his best interests to do so. Sommer's writing of Nina and Dom's escapades was fantastic, you could see how hard she was working to make herself perfect for the role, and I had to give her some respect for that, she certainly wasn't the bimbo-actress that she tried to portray herself as.

I was really drawn into this story from the beginning, and found myself not wanting to put it down once I had begun, keen to find out what was going to happen with Nina and Dom next, and whether or not Nina would get the part that she wanted. There's a bit of a twist towards the end, one that I felt was really good for the story, and for the development of the characters too. I had an idea it was coming, but even so I enjoyed the way it was written in the book, it definitely kept me hooked until the end. I love Romy Sommer's writing, it flows so well, is easy to read and she always brings her characters to life so well, making you feel part of their life and their story. As I said, this is my fourth story by Romy Sommer, and I hope there will be more, I love her books - despite the title, they really are fairy tales for grown ups that always leave you with a big smile on your face!

The Dandelion Years
The Dandelion Years
by Erica James

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply superb, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: The Dandelion Years (Hardcover)
It's been a few years since I have read one of Erica James' novels. I can't tell you exactly why that is, but I am really pleased that I decided to read The Dandelion Years - it's one of those unexpected gems that you know you won't forget in a hurry, and will be keen to revisit in the years to come. I was drawn to the colourful cover, the idea of a wartime love story and also the fact I had read a few other favourable reviews from other bloggers, so I decided I must try it. Luckily, it definitely didn't disappoint, and is already up there as one of my favourite reads of 2015.

Saskia lives with her father Ralph and her 2 grandfathers Oliver and Harvey at their home, Ashcombe. They have all lived together since Saskia was a young child, and a horrible accident befell her mother and both grandmothers. She's been raised by the three men, and is unkeen to leave the place she has called home for pretty much all of her life. Her job as a book restorer has leant itself to some interesting discoveries, but none more so than a notebook in an old Bible - a tale of wartime love during the Second World War, and Saskia is determined to find the notebook's rightful owners. If only it would so easy to mend Saskia's heart as it is to mend the old books that come into her hands...

I am a massive history buff, having studied it at GCSE, A Level and degree level has certainly made me want to read more historical fiction than I get time to do. I prefer things set during the first or second world wars, my main interest area, so when I heard about this book and it's wartime love story, I knew it would be one I just had to read. The book alternates between the story of Saskia in the present day, and the story of the young wartime lovers. The wartime story takes place at Bletchley Park, where Jacob, the male lead in the story, worked as a cryptanalyst, deciphering German messages, which was of course Top Secret work. There he meets and falls in love with Kitty, although their story is not destined to run smoothly. I was completely taken by their story, overcoming the constant prejudice Jacob faced, as well as the pressure of their jobs at Bletchley Park. There have been lots of books and films, such as Enigma, written about the codebreaking of World War Two, and while this was of course an important part of Jacob as a person, the real story here was his romance with Kitty.

Back to the modern story of Saskia - I really did love this story. Saskia is hugely indebted to her father and grandfathers for raising her, and isn't at all keen to spread her wings and fly the nest, even though all 3 men acknowledge this is just what Saskia needs. She quickly becomes consumed with Jacob's story, and even when new romantic interests appear in her life, Saskia is too uncertain to take things further, afraid to upset the balance at home and leave her relatives without her. It was touching how respectful she was to them, how much they clearly loved each other and kept the house working, balancing the chores with working between them, a perhaps odd set-up but it worked for them. As the book progresses, and Jacob's story too, I was hoping Saskia would open her heart up to someone, to start a life for herself away from Ashcombe, but at the same time I could understand her loyalty to Ralph, Oliver and Harvey - the relationship between the four was so beautifully written.

Erica James' writing throughout this book was brilliant, and it was one of those novels where I just couldn't put it down once I had started. I was in love with both Saskia's story, and even more so with Jacob and Kitty's. Both took many twists and turns along the way, leaving me heartbroken in parts, happy in others, and a few scenes certainly made me cry, I'm not ashamed to admit. There may have been decades between Saskia and Jacob's stories, but the moral of love, family and happiness runs deeply throughout both of them. I loved every page of this book, from start to finish, and didn't want Jacob's story to ever end. Definitely my favourite of Erica James' books I have ever read, I can't recommend this one highly enough.

Ivy Lane
Ivy Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites of 2015 already!, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Ivy Lane (Kindle Edition)
One book I have really been looking forward to reading this year is the debut novel from author Cathy Bramley. I didn't read it in four parts like many other bloggers did, instead I chose to wait for the whole thing to devour it all together. I'm so pleased that I did, because it was a brilliant novel from start to finish, and I didn't want to put it down. It was one of those cosy books, where you feel like you're in the middle of the story with the characters, I genuinely cared about them and was sad to finish it.

Tilly isn't exactly a keen gardener, but when the opportunity comes to have her own allotment, she decides it might be just what she needs to start afresh. Tilly starts to make friends at the Ivy Lane allotments pretty quickly, and soon starts to settle in, growing her own vegetables and preparing her patch for more throughout the year. Tilly's left a painful past behind, and she's determined that she isn't going to divulge to her newfound friends, instead letting them judge for who she is now, not what has happened to her. But as things start to change for Tilly, she realises she might need to let people in more than she had though, especially when it's do with matters of the heart...

I want to say straight away how much I loved Tilly, she was the perfect heroine for the book and I loved reading about her story. What happened in Tilly's past remains secret for much of the book, but I had a pretty good idea from the hints that came about in the earlier parts of the book. Tilly, though, is trying to move on and a new hobby seems to be just what she needs. I loved how Tilly made friends with the other gardeners, regardless of who they were, and just tried her hardest when it came to her allotment, even though she wasn't always very good at growing anything! She was such a kind-hearted woman, and when her past is revealed, my heart broke for her, it was a really sad part of the book.

As well as Tilly though, it was the collection of characters within this book which made it so readable. Tilly's new best friend Gemma is hilarious, a beautician turned allotment aficionado, and is certainly larger than life in the book, trying to cheer up Tilly whenever she has the chance; there's hunky young gardener Charlie, who seems more than a little sweet on Tilly for her liking, and many more fellow gardeners too. There's a particularly poignant and touching scene involving Alf, another allotment owner, that had me in tears, it was so beautifully written. I loved reading everything about the allotments, from the people to the plants they grew, to the gatherings they all held together. It was such a brilliant little community, I really wanted to be part of it!

The book takes place over the period of a year, and is divided up into four seasons, working its way from Spring to Winter. It wasn't just plants growing throughout the year, it was the character of Tilly too, becoming stronger as the year went on and she became more settled in her new home. Cathy Bramley's writing was fantastic, writing the development of this character and intertwining it with the lives and goings-on at the Ivy Lane allotment. Throw in a surprise TV show, community service people and a good few fundraisers along the way, and there's a lot packed into this story to enjoy. I loved it from the first page until the last, and was so sad to finish this book, I didn't want to leave these characters behind. This book is a triumph for Cathy Bramley, and I can't wait to read her next.

A Vintage Wedding
A Vintage Wedding
by Katie Fforde

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful romance read!, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: A Vintage Wedding (Hardcover)
I read the first book in this series from Kat Black a long while ago now, so when I found out there was a sequel, I certainly wanted to read it but couldn't remember every detail from the first book Melting Ms Frost. Nonetheless, it didn't seem to matter once I started reading as the important details from the first book are repeated in this so we know where we are with the characters, and why they are as they are in this book. It didn't take me long to get back into Aidan and Annabel's love story, and it was nice to read their relationship develop further and see how Annabel has changed towards the idea of having a relationship with Aidan after being distinctly frosty about it previously!

Annabel is still recovering from the vicious assault on her, but doesn't want to have to rely on Aidan to look after her. She's got her mother living at home with her, both afraid of how to move on with their lives and recover. Aidan, on the other hand, is keen to look after Annabel, show her he is ready to commit to her and be there for her, even if she isn't ready for that. Now that Aidan seems to be more of a permanent fixture in her life, is Annabel ready to finally let him in fully, and how will the pair manage to balance a relationship and their very hectic work lives as well? Will Aidan be able to melt the fire of Annabel once and for all, and tell her to let her guard down and let him in?

As I said, you don't have to have read the first book to enjoy this one, but it certainly helps to have the back story of these two. The pace of the book works really well, slow enough to really develop these characters and their burgeoning relationship at a believable pace, but not so slow that I ended up bored! Annabel is still a very independent woman, determined not to rely on anyone except herself in life, but Aidan wants to show her the error of her ways. She seemed to blow very hot and cold towards Aidan, which was quite frustrating at times and I really did feel sorry for Aidan being played about slightly, never quite knowing where he stands with her.

I really loved Aidan's character, however. He was a strong man, determined to get the woman he wanted and wasn't going to give up easily. He's a very successful business, having overcome a serious illness to be successful in a different field, and you can't help but admire him for that. There are quite a few sex scenes in the book between the pair, and Aidan certainly comes across very well in these, a man who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to ask for it! These scenes are really well written, not too gratuitous, but very sexy in their own way, Kat Black certainly knows how to write these scenes. As well as these, there are some beautiful scenes set in Ireland, and the writing was good and it was vivid - it certainly came alive in my mind as I was reading - the beautiful home Aidan owns, the beach, the local village - it all sounded picturesque! There's also a few chapters set in Monaco - this was a nice escape for the story and sounded so glamorous - everything from Annabel's clothing to the casinos were described brilliantly!

This was a really enjoyable eBook from start to finish, and it was definitely nice to catch up with Annabel and Aidan once more to see where they are at now. I loved the growth of these characters from beginning to end, and finished the book with a big smile on my face. Kat Black's writing is really easy to read, creating a wonderful world with her words, and she definitely brought the characters (and their actions!) to life on the page. I really enjoyed this second outing from Kat Black, and certainly look forward to more novels from her - I do hope this won't be the last we see of Annabel and Aidan! A great, steamy read!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20