Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Discover more Shop now
Profile for simmo71 > Reviews

Content by simmo71

simmo71 (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Maxicrop Moss Killer + Lawn Tonic 2.5L
Maxicrop Moss Killer + Lawn Tonic 2.5L
Offered by Gardener's Dream Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars My moss must be the hardy variety!, 17 Mar. 2014
First of all I raked as much moss out of the lawn as I could, in order for the liquid to have the best chance of penetration. Then applied the moss killer using a spray. The moss quickly blackened and another raking session ensued. During the raking I could see that really only the top of the moss was black and down below the main part was still quite green and unaffected. A second application was applied with the same result. I think that any improvement has happened thanks to my efforts with the rake and not with the use of this product. I could of course have a particularly resistant type of moss but I can't recommend this moss killer. Can't comment on the effectiveness of the tonic but I know I need one after all that raking!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stand no nonsense!, 15 Oct. 2013
Well made, quality bike maintenance stand for the home user. No problems so far. Easy to assemble. Compact for storage. Makes working on the bike a pleasure. At last I can have the gear train at a height where I can adjust and see it working without breaking my back in the process. Glad I choose the slightly more expensive one with the quick release clamps. Recommended.

Sony LCS-CSL Leather Carry Case For Cybershot
Sony LCS-CSL Leather Carry Case For Cybershot

3.0 out of 5 stars For the price - It'll do!, 30 Aug. 2013
Bought this case (for a Sony Cybershot DSC W55) on the strength of reviews. Don't really understand to what the letters LCS-CSL refers in the product title but hoped it would fit my camera and to a large extent it does. Although it does make the camera at least one third larger than it is. Now I have the product mine appears to differ with some of the previous reviews. It has no pocket as one reviewer said it had. However the generous length of the case does allow for a spare card and/or battery to be placed at the bottom.
There are many different types of leather and it can be very difficult to distinguish the real thing. It certainly has the appearance of leather but definitely does not have the smell. Mine smells as if its been in a smoke house. Hopefully it will wear off in time.
Due to the rather long length of the case compared with my camera length there is not quite the snug fit I was hoping for but I guess it is a case for a number of different models. And one would have to pay more for a slim jim.

Bosch Maxx Seimens Washing Machine Door Seal
Bosch Maxx Seimens Washing Machine Door Seal
Offered by KGA-SUPPLIES

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent replacement seal, 19 Aug. 2013
I fitted the seal without any dramas, having first watched a Youtube clip on the subject. Appears to be a good replacement item for a Bosch washer WFL 2462GB12.

Genuine Philips Replacement kettle filter - For HD4670, HD4671
Genuine Philips Replacement kettle filter - For HD4670, HD4671
Offered by SPARES-2-GO

2.0 out of 5 stars Filter DIY, 19 Aug. 2013
I have agree with Hilary C Pearce. The price is a bit steep. The filter costs roughly 25% the price I paid for the kettle!
My DIY solution: Bought some water filter mesh off Ebay for £3.99p. (Enough material to repair a hundred filters). Cut to shape and Super glue to the old filter frame. Job done and able to repeat process as necessary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Chappy, 23 July 2013
Item received very quickly. Easily fitted to bike. I feel much safer using this type of toe clip. I have tried the type with straps and found that on occasions I struggled to get my foot out quickly enough without fuss. No problem with these.

Cole & Mason Inverta Flip Acrylic and Chrome Salt and Pepper Mill Gift Set, 15.4 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service from Cole & Mason, 17 Nov. 2012
I have forgotten quite how long our family has been using these grinders but it is a considerable number of years.
I felt I had to let users of these grinders know of the great customer service I have received from Cole & Mason.
Recently I have experienced a couple of problems with the grinders. The first was the salt grinder mechanism stopped grinding properly and the adjuster (the cone in the centre)had seized. The second problem was with the replacement grinder. After awhile the top half of the mill would not stay firmly attached with the bottom half and the two would part company with each other - usually this happened when used by a guest who was unfamiliar with this type of mill. However on contacting the makers these problems were quickly and efficiently dealt with.
So, should you have any problems with your purchase I can heartily recommend contacting the manufacturers customer relations department.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fits most WC's, 17 Oct. 2012
The product description says that it fits most toilets. Unfortunately it didn't fit mine without purchasing further fixings.
I had to dispense with the rubber inserts as they would not hold in place when tightening, as other reviewers have found. And use the second method of fixing which involved the wing nuts. Sadly in my case, the bolts were not long enough to protrude through to allow the wing nuts to be fitted. I had to purchase bolts that were half an inch longer in order to fit the product. Now that it is firmly fitted it seems fine. We will see how durable it is over time.

Update: Over a year in use now and the soft closing mechanism still closing softly.

Camelot Standard Parasol Cover
Camelot Standard Parasol Cover

4.0 out of 5 stars Well covered!, 2 Oct. 2012
Item bought to replace original cover which had age hardened and cracked beyond repair. This cover is a good replacement at a good price.

DIGIFLEX Wireless Internet USB Adaptor WiFi Dongle 300Mbps For Windows 7 / 8 / XP / Vista
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Doddle of a dongle, 13 Dec. 2010
Not had this dongle long so can not comment on longevity but it was a breeze to set up and was on the net in seconds flat. Great item, great price.

Page: 1 | 2