Profile for Mark > Reviews

Waterproof Cool White DC 12V 5M 3528 SMD 300 Leds LED Strips Strip Light
Waterproof Cool White DC 12V 5M 3528 SMD 300 Leds LED Strips Strip Light
Offered by Akooya

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing versatile product, 31 May 2016
Fantastic value from buycheapDG. Item arrived from China exactly as described in perfect condition. Comes with wires attached at one end, ready to hook up to 12V supply. (I found that a 9V transformer also works equally well.) Very bright LEDs.
There is an obvious cut point every three LEDs so if you need a shorter length simply cut with scissors. Then expose the contact pads with a Stanley knife (see YouTube for how-to demonstrations) in order to solder new connection wires. Not a fiddly job if you have a little soldering experience. Finish off with a short length of heat-shrink tubing to protect the joint.
I have already added strips in the boot of our two cars, using the self adhesive backing to stick them out of sight and wiring in parallel with the feeble factory-fitted boot lights.
I have plenty left for my next project in the kitchen - either running it along the top of the cabinets, or perhaps fitting it out of sight at plinth level.

Steens Richmond Pine Bedside Table
Steens Richmond Pine Bedside Table

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money, 23 Mar. 2014
Made of proper solid wood with metal 'filing cabinet' style drawer runners. Supplied with wood glue for the drawer front dowels, with sufficient to run a thin bead along the surfaces to be joined for extra strength.
Tip: attach the four feet before assembling the cabinet sides.

Female to Micro HDMI Type D Male Adapter EVO 4G
Female to Micro HDMI Type D Male Adapter EVO 4G
Offered by Newin Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome value from Tosell889, 25 Nov. 2013
My adapter came all the way from China for 84p! Understandably, it took a little while but I was not in a hurry and in fact it arrived within the estimated timeframe.

It does the job at a bargain price, so I am very happy. Amazon seem to use a variety of third party vendors for these items but obviously I can only comment on the product and service I received from Tosell889.

MK Shield K36101CLR Weatherproof Single Switched Socket
MK Shield K36101CLR Weatherproof Single Switched Socket
Offered by DELTA TOOL CO

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, but I have some niggles, 25 Nov. 2013
I've already got an outdoor mains socket, but that one is not weatherproof when in use. The beauty of the MK Shield is that you can fully close the lid with the plug in. However, here's why I cannot give it more than three stars.

I don't particularly like the appearance; it is a standard white indoor socket in a transparent housing whereas most outdoor fittings are a darker colour - less conspicuous against brickwork.

There are two different size holes on the top, and two on the bottom for cable entry. The blanking discs for these are quite loose and I have a concern that they may let in moisture or even fall out over time.

Just as the blanking discs are too loose, the hinged cover is excessively stiff to open at first. I got it working more freely with a little patience, but I was almost sure it would break in the process.

The lid is designed so that it can be padlocked shut when not in use, but there is a safety warning in the instructions not to do so when an appliance is plugged in. A smarter design would have made it impossible to fit a padlock until the plug were removed.

Ring RSC500 12V 0.8A Maintenance Smart Charger
Ring RSC500 12V 0.8A Maintenance Smart Charger

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for an 'occasional use' vehicle, 25 Nov. 2013
My Mondeo doesn't get used every week and consequently it kept letting me down with a flat battery. I bought a solar charger but that did not cure the problem, even with a new battery. I suspect that something is drawing more current than it should, but I thought that rather than getting the problem diagnosed, it would be simpler and cheaper to use this Maintenance Smart Charger.

Now my Ford starts first time every time! I connect the charger through the car's EOBD socket (borrowing the plug which came with the solar charger). I find this more convenient than the crocodile clips supplied.

The 'fully charged' light has never come on, which may be more to do with a high current drain in the car than an indication of a fault with the charger.

Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem
Huawei E5332 Unlocked Mobile Wi-Fi Modem

5.0 out of 5 stars Create your own wireless hotspot with this pocket device, 11 July 2013
A little unit which exceeded my expectations. It is smaller than a mobile phone and neatly designed. It comes with a 20-page colour printed quick start guide (which clearly states on page 4 that the antenna port requires a TS-9 connector). This guide is enough to get you up and running, but if you need further information there is an even more comprehensive set of instructions embedded in the on-board Help system which you can access through a connected Wi-Fi device or computer.

Connecting wirelessly with my laptop and smartphone was a breeze - just as easy as logging on to a secure WiFi signal in a café. I had a little more difficulty when I tried establishing a wired connection via USB, but I put that down to my lack of experience with Windows networking rather than any shortcomings in the Mobile Wi-Fi.

I bought a Spanish SIM on eBay which enabled me to email, surf the net, watch online videos and make video calls on holiday, picking up an excellent 3G signal without the need for an external antenna.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2013 8:58 PM BST

Lexar - Micro-SDHC Card (16 GB) 16GB MICROSDHC Class 10
Lexar - Micro-SDHC Card (16 GB) 16GB MICROSDHC Class 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - great service too!, 27 Feb. 2012
With this memory card I can store loads of pictures, mp3's and even full length movies in my smartphone. Plays like a dream and great for travelling. I'd recommend this product and Komputerbay.

Laptop Security Lock ~ Combination Type (Multi Purpose) ~ 1,000 Codes ~ Can also be used for Bikes, Suitcases, Laptop Bags etc ~ Virtually Unbreakable ~ Why buy a lock with only one use?

4.0 out of 5 stars Kensington type laptop lock - with a difference, 18 July 2011
This combination locking cable for a laptop is great value. It's a generous length and quick to put on and take off. Before first use you must attach an adaptor to the Kensington socket on your laptop using the small screwdriver supplied. The cable lock clamps onto this. (The adaptor cannot be unscrewed in the locked position.) You can set your own three digit combination.

Or, if you wish to secure other items instead you can use one of the two other adaptors - through which the cable is permanently threaded. One is on the end loop of the cable, the other is free to run along the main length until you attach the combination lock, when it grips the cable tight.

This cleverly designed and versatile product would not last long against a serious attack but is great for deterring the casual thief in the library or on the train whilst you nip to the loo.

The adaptor system might not be for everyone. It sticks out a bit, so it could snag when putting your laptop in a bag. If you regularly swap between more than one laptop (and don't want to buy a cable for each one) you would need the kind which attaches directly to the Kensington socket instead. If these things aren't important to you then I would certainly recommend this multi-purpose lock.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2016 10:43 AM BST

Epson MultiPack Ink Cartridge for Stylus PH R265/R360 - 6 Colour Ink
Epson MultiPack Ink Cartridge for Stylus PH R265/R360 - 6 Colour Ink

1.0 out of 5 stars What you see is not what you get, 1 Jan. 2011
Bentham did not supply the product pictured, but two plain vacuum packs containing 3 ink tanks each. I was expecting six individually vacuum wrapped inks in a factory sealed box stating the quantity of ink in ml, and bearing the Epson anti-counterfeit Colour Shifting Label. Having learned the hard way that non-genuine inks are a false economy, I was suspicious about these.

Even assuming they are genuine Epson cartridges, the ones Bentham supplied were undated, with contents of unknown quantity and - crucially - impossible to keep fresh once a pack has been opened.

Returned at my expense. This experience has dented my trust in Amazon, who should insist that 3rd party supplied goods are exactly as described on their website.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2015 5:22 PM BST

Bausch & Lomb ReNu MPS Multi-Purpose Contact Lens Solution - Flight Pack
Bausch & Lomb ReNu MPS Multi-Purpose Contact Lens Solution - Flight Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Airline liquids restrictions - a perfect 'solution'!, 19 Oct. 2010
My contact lens solution comes in a 250 ml bottle. The irritating rules for carry-on liquids allow passengers to take a 1 litre bag full of liquids - so in theory I could take four regular bottles. The catch is that liquid containers must be 100 ml or less, and the bag must be 20 cm x 20 cm or less.

This pack comes with two 60 ml bottles of ReNu and a bag of the regulation size plus two spare lens cases. You are allowed to take both bottles on board.

I had difficulty finding the exact same pack in the high street so well done to Bausch & Lomb for coming up with the pack, and to Amazon for stocking them!

Page: 1 | 2