Profile for Mike > Reviews

Elysium [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Offered by Direct-Offers-UK-FBA

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad., 22 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Elysium [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Not bad, some great bits but a very disappointing performance from Jodie Foster is an un-ignore-able blight on this otherwise entertaining film, might have given it an extra star had it not been for this.

Kick-Ass 2 [DVD] [2013]
Kick-Ass 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Aaron Taylor-Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars I really liked the first film but this felt flat and silly ..., 22 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Kick-Ass 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I really liked the first film but this felt flat and silly to both me and my partner, a bit of a disappointment for us on the whole. Maybe if we were fifteen years younger it would have appealed more...

Grid 2 (PC CD)
Grid 2 (PC CD)
Offered by 4GamersUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying this at the moment, 22 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Grid 2 (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
I'm really enjoying this so far but I will update and review properly when I have played it more, So far so good!

Indorex Flea Spray
Indorex Flea Spray

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 22 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Indorex Flea Spray (Misc.)
While Bob Martins similar product saw a reduction in our problem the problem never went away, even though airborne insects were literally falling from the sky(our ceiling) to a quick death upon our floor. I would never use Bob Martin again, the flea's survive and you have to wonder how good it is for you(you will know what I mean if you have or do use it).
This is so much better I can't believe it, I've not seen a single one for two days now. I'm taking no chances though and have already ordered another canister from "Animal Dispensaries" whose customer service has been second to none, exemplary!
This also sprays onto the surfaces rather than bouncing off them into the air, the smell after use is negligable compared to Bob's.
A friend had recommended this to us instead and I'm more than happy to do the same to anyone in need of such a product.
Top marks!!!

Logitech MK270 Wireless Combo with Keyboard and Mouse (UK QWERTY Layout) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 22 Oct. 2014
Despite initial concerns about the mouse seeming to stick a lot it has settled down nicely. The batterys have lasted well considering how much I have used it and on the whole I'm surprisingly impressed with this wireless keyboard and mouse. I've been less than impressed in the past when using other peoples but things have improved, at least with this particular Logitech device.

(Update : The mouse wheels is developing quite a noticeable squeaky sound after less than two weeks use, knocked a star off as it is annoying...)

Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC DVD)
Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC DVD)
Offered by Hauseinkauf

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good at all :(, 22 Oct. 2014
To all intents and purpose this is Diablo X with a crippling pay to play system bolted onto it. Yes it is Star Wars, yes it has a few bells and whistles that Diablo does not, but in game play terms it is very very similar... only with more people.
Interaction with these people is less than in Diablo as you cannot directly trade with each other, which is something that really got you talking. Sadly in SWTOR people say very little and conversations mostly consist of "thanks" and "bye" after a brief mission.
Having more people makes you feel less involved in the story and has a negative impact of the game design as a whole. Many NPC's will be saying that they have not seen a Jedi in these parts for a long time and that you are a welcome sight, while ten or more other Jedi's are running around in your vicinity. Its best efforts to make you feel special and that you make a difference within this world fail miserably.
If played as free to play you will soon see how much content is restricted, and should you subscribe and then cancel you will find pretty much all of these things are taken back from you, don't think that prefered status is anything special... it is not!
It is like playing Diablo except that whenever a very rare item or something good appears you will be told to subscribe to enable the use.
Upon reaching level 20 you will be told politely by a little prompt that you have reached a new level of punishment in that from now on you will receive even less experience unless you pay up.

If this MMO offered something special, something new then I could understand all these restrictions and would equally understand why people would pay a subscription to play it properly. However this is not so in the slightest. This is an old game, this has not evolved and in several ways has actually devolved. This is Diablo, a broken money grabbing pay to play version of an old classic.

Playing this will lead to hate and you know where that will lead... This game is the dark side of modern gaming personified...
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2014 1:41 PM GMT

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (Xbox 360)
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge (Xbox 360)
Offered by musicMagpie

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as its predecessors., 3 April 2014
A lot has changed since Ryu's last outing. The shop has gone, as have the talismans of rebirth and the various elixirs.
The Karma drops by enemies to power super attacks, refill heath or Magic, or supply much needed gold for upgrades and items are also sadly missing(though there is still an upgrade system, just a dull an uninspired one). This also means you can no longer chain super combos in the way you once could. All these things are sadly missed.
The combat itself lacks the precision of either of the first games. Ryu often hops all over the place dealing out death in what feels like an automatic cut scene, likewise many familiar moves are achieved by random button mashing rather than precise presses which really does lessen the experience.
There are many more QTE moments which result in instant death compensated for by many more check points and saves.
Overall this is a sad end to one of my favorite series of games, the newest cel shaded addition to the series is so awful its not worth considering as part of it. This makes me want to play through Ninja Gaiden 2 again rather than continue along this journey that is inferior in every way...

Rugs With Flair 160 x 230 cm Visiona Soft 4304, Beige
Rugs With Flair 160 x 230 cm Visiona Soft 4304, Beige
Offered by Lord of Rugs

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 31 Mar. 2014
I'm very pleased with this rug. Its good quality at a very low price, I would normally expect to pay near £100 for a rug of this size not less than £60. It fits our interior decor perfectly, blending rather than clashing with out carpet, furniture, and curtains etc.
A definite recommendation for this!

kenable 3.5mm Stereo Jack to Socket Headphone Extension GOLD Cable 2m
kenable 3.5mm Stereo Jack to Socket Headphone Extension GOLD Cable 2m
Offered by hashsonline

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 31 Mar. 2014
No problems with this at all, the sound quality is just as it should be. I've not given it a five as I've only tried it out once and maybe it will continue to perform well or maybe it won't. For now all is good.

Wacom CTL-480/S1-BX Intuos Pen Graphics Tablet - Black
Wacom CTL-480/S1-BX Intuos Pen Graphics Tablet - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great., 30 Mar. 2014
I'm really happy with this. I was a little worried it might not work as I'm still running XP, but after looking on Wacom's website I saw what I thought were the right drivers for my operating system. They are the right ones and I've had no trouble whatsoever in installing this on my system, why they failed to include them on the supplied disc is puzzling(though the reason might be due to Microsoft dropping all support and security updates for XP this April, in an aim to boost their falling sales of windows 7 and 8 by forcing people to upgrade. This could also mean a new printer, scanner etc due to incompatibility issues with the newer operating systems and a new PC capable of running the newer OS without grinding to a halt. Another big thumbs down for MS).
I had previously been given a "Trust" tablet by a friend which I hated from the start. It had a hard shiny surface like very old mouse mats and a big chunky pen that felt like a kids jumbo Biro when held with utterly awful buttons on it.
Thankfully the Wacom Intuos is nothing like the trust tablet. The surface gives a satisfying level of friction against the pen nib and really does feel akin to traditional pen and paper. The pen itself is thin and light, very comfortable to hold and use, with very responsive and easy to use buttons.
I've set this up with a very high sensitivity by reducing the tablet area in the properties menu and it is everything that I hoped it would be when using it in "Blender" for sculpting.
It's worth nothing that the Blender community used to recommend the Wacom Bamboo but that this, the standard Intuos, is now what the Bamboo used to be due to Wacom renaming its products. The Bamboo that is now on the market does not feature pressure sensitivity as far as I am aware. So just make sure you are getting what you need and not going off old information or recommendations as you may be disappointed by the current Bamboo Tablet.
I would recommend this all day every day as a perfect entry level tablet and a great piece of hardware in it own right!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17