Profile for Mike > Reviews

Robocop [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Joel Kinnaman
Offered by MusicnMedia

3.0 out of 5 stars Much better than expected!, 10 April 2015
This review is from: Robocop [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
This was slated and it is actually not that bad. I quite like it but can concede that it could have been much better than it is. If you are are fan of the original I think you will enjoy watching this, I did. Perfect no, entertaining yes, for certain. I would love a definitive very dark and at least 15 certificate Robocop at some point, until then this will do the job of offering at least a more than watchable alternative version for our viewing pleasure. It leaves Robocop 2 and 3 and the truly awful TV series far behind, only the original film stands above this in the history of Robocop entertainment, and that is only my personal view, you may even enjoy this more...

PLUM / PURPLE 66" Width x 84" Drop ( Only 1 Panel ) , Supersoft Thermal BLACKOUT DOOR Curtain, 'Winter Warm but Summer Cool' by VICEROY BEDDING
Offered by Viceroy Bedding

5.0 out of 5 stars Great curtain and for the price it's fantastic!, 8 April 2015
Absolutely perfect. As good a black out door curtain as you are likely to find at this price. Like the colour and like the fit. Really happy with this!

Titanfall (PC DVD)
Titanfall (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't review or play this game. EA's Origin Game Service prevented installation as I brought 2nd hand from Zoverstocks., 8 April 2015
This review is from: Titanfall (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Electronic Arts now prohibits the use of 2nd hand games via it's online Origin game service. I was unaware of this until now. I have since read up on this and found that all modern EA games and all recently made/printed copy's of old games will only install through their online Origin game service. Once Origin is installed and once you have signed up you are asked for the product key, upon entering this key you will be informed that it is already in use. That is a far as you will get...

I am sure that Titanfall is probably a good game, but as I can't play it and have to rate the product which I received from Zoverstocks which amounts to nothing more than 3 useless plastic discs contained in a nice looking plastic box I don't see how I can rate this product as any better than 1 star... I would honestly give it 0 stars if I could. Do not take this rating as a slur on the game itself!

This situation has apparently being in existence for a while but having only recently switched from console to PC gaming I was unaware of it. It does state this on the box, in tiny white easily missed white writing on the front and the very small print on the back. Not shown on the product picture here at all!

I find it utterly impossible to believe that a company as big as Zoverstocks, who specialises in the selling of 2nd hand games and DVD's etc, is not aware of this issue. They, and NO other company/seller on Amazon, should be selling 2nd hand EA games for the PC anymore. The sale of 2nd hand Electronic Arts PC games should be banned by Amazon until such a time as EA reverse this policy and the products are made fit for purpose!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2015 12:53 PM BST

70cl Three Barrels VSOP Brandy with Honey
70cl Three Barrels VSOP Brandy with Honey

5.0 out of 5 stars Half this price if you buy from a supermarket and you don't have to wait for delivery :D, 21 Mar. 2015
Love this stuff! Buy from a supermarket though, normally between £12 - £18 for the 70cl bottle, not £27...

Moon [DVD] [2009]
Moon [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Sam Rockwell
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 12 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Moon [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
A quirky well thought out and interesting story told with skill. Well worth a watch!

Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa [DVD]
Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Coogan

2.0 out of 5 stars A big disappointment, 12 Mar. 2015
AP seemed to lose it's way after the second TV series. Up to this point it was for me one of the best and certainly funniest shows around. This film is odd, it has the same general lack of real comedy that the third series suffered from while changing Alan's character into someone who is smoother and more socially adept that the character that I and others came to like so much in the series. It is very rare for me not to watch even a bad film again at some point but I can't see or feel any need ever arising for me to ever want to watch this again...

Wrath of the Titans (DVD) [2012]
Wrath of the Titans (DVD) [2012]
Dvd ~ Sam Worthington
Offered by ReNew Entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 12 Mar. 2015
I like these sorts of films and I enjoyed seeing what happened after the Clash of the Titans, a story that I have liked since the original 80's film version. Not perfect by any means but at around 11p + £1.26 p+p I got more than my monies worth from this.

Robocop Trilogy [DVD]
Robocop Trilogy [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Weller

3.0 out of 5 stars Consider getting the single first film rather than this boxset., 12 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Robocop Trilogy [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this for 1 and 2, the third being a made for TV movie that is awful by any measure. While the first Robocop film is still a classic the second is not, too many years since my last viewing had left me with an over fond memory of the later. If I could go back in time I would buy just the first film at the lesser price. Other than that this is still worth the money as this box set was 2nd hand, therefore very cheap, and the first film is worth every penny!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2015 1:03 PM BST

Geisha Washi Paper Japanese Bookmarks
Geisha Washi Paper Japanese Bookmarks
Offered by The Japanese Shop Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice., 4 Feb. 2015
My partner loves these, though she refuses to take them out of the packaging(partly because she likes the packaging but also to keep them from getting damaged in any way)

Nightbreed: The Director's Cut Combo [Blu-ray] [1990] [US Import]
Nightbreed: The Director's Cut Combo [Blu-ray] [1990] [US Import]

2.0 out of 5 stars I would rather see the original cut again, it can't be any worse!, 4 Feb. 2015
I loved this film years ago and had looked forward to seeing this for a while. I was hugely disappointed by it. Is it the new cut or was the film never that good to start with? I don't know... I do know that this is pretty poor, though a great concept at it's heart does raise it above being truly awful.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17