Profile for xxravenfeatherxx > Reviews

The Lord of the Rings
The Lord of the Rings
by J. R. R. Tolkien

5.0 out of 5 stars One Ring to Rule them All, 6 April 2005
This review is from: The Lord of the Rings (Hardcover)
I have been an avid reader of Tolkien for many years, picking up and reading The Lord of the Rings at the age of eight. I have read it every year since and never grow tired of it. I have gone through several copies in that time, many going to friends as a loan, but not getting them back because they love it so much. I also lost a lot to being over read and falling to pieces. So as a treat, I decided to by the hardcover 50th Aniversary piece. This is not to be read as I am too scared to break the spine. This is more of a display piece for me. It is a beautifully bound piece with pull out maps of the areas visited by the fellowship, either together or in their disected bands. Definately a piece to keep for years to come.

Count Duckula: Vampire Vacation/Transylvanian Homesick Blues [DVD]
Count Duckula: Vampire Vacation/Transylvanian Homesick Blues [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jack May
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Essence of Blood, 6 April 2005
As a child of the 80's we were granted many of the great cartoons ever. For instance Thundercats, He-man, Dangermouse and of course the great Count Duckula! This cartoon brings me back to my childhood. When i found out that you could get Count Duckula on DVD, I hit the roof! I was so excited that they decided to ditribute it and I have now a copy in my hands. The animation, the voices, just the whole ambience of the cartoon is a treasure and I have passed on the bug to my younger siblings who missed the original runs and they love it too. If you want to have something to give you a throwback to the eighties, purchace this! You will not regret it! Even if it is to watch the idiosity that is nanny or the sarcasm of Igor!