Profile for BubbleBee > Reviews

Writers' & Artists' Yearbook 2014
Writers' & Artists' Yearbook 2014
by Martina Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars yes, 27 Jun. 2014
If you want to be a writer, screenwriter or artist, you have to get this book. That is it. You NEED this book. It gives you all the proper information to approach agents, their addresses and information on the best methods to present your work.

Delusions of Gender: The Real Science Behind Sex Differences
Delusions of Gender: The Real Science Behind Sex Differences

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 27 Jun. 2014
I bought this when I was studying gender at university and it is a real eye opener. If you're interested in gender differences or want to look further into what makes us who we are, I would recommend it. It is an easier read than most academic text, but it still gets the point across in an educated, intelligent way. Quite scary reading it and being able to identify with so many of the gender-congruent claims!

The Vintage Girl: the bestselling laugh-out-loud love story!
The Vintage Girl: the bestselling laugh-out-loud love story!

2.0 out of 5 stars couldn't get into it, 27 Jun. 2014
I caved in and bought this book after months of wondering about it and to be honest, i don't see the fuss about it even now. I was massively disappointed because it seemed forced, but the main character is irritating beyond belief. She isn't awkward in a funny or even understandable way. She's another one written to try and sound funny but fails instantly. However, when the 'funny awkward' act is dropped, the book is okay. It still isn't enough to score three stars but it does get better.

Robin Hood - The Legends Returns - The Complete Series 1 - 3 [ 2006 - 2009 ] 12 DVD Box + extra's  (Dutch Import)
Robin Hood - The Legends Returns - The Complete Series 1 - 3 [ 2006 - 2009 ] 12 DVD Box + extra's (Dutch Import)
Dvd ~ Jonas Armstrong
Offered by MMRSALES

4.0 out of 5 stars season three sucks, 27 Jun. 2014
We bought this after watching the first season on Netflix and were happy with it at first. However, if you watch this series, take my advice and do not watch season 3. It is pointless, goes on forever and ultimately will leave you angry. Seasons one and two are fantastic though.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars you need this!, 27 Jun. 2014
After an especially bad time with my knee injury, I was ready to turn to anything for relief. This was recommended to me by a friend who studied physiology and oh my word, it is outstanding. I'm not sure if it's witchcraft or what, but it really does alleviate pains and cramps so they're gone. It does smell quite a bit and you have to make sure you wash it off thoroughly (I'm talking from experience when I accidentally wiped my eye with it.... I will never do that again) but it is a miracle worker.

The Engagements
The Engagements

5.0 out of 5 stars great story, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Engagements (Kindle Edition)
I was skeptical at first when I bought this, but it really is awesome. The book is set from multiple perspectives and yet all the stories are very realistic and fit into each other effortlessly. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and loved the fact that it was a real life story instead of some blithering romance about how marriage is the only thing to aspire to. It gave a very raw but entertaining view of the institution that is marriage, and ultimately left me wanting more from this author.

Cute OWLS [Black] Retro Case for APPLE IPAD MINI Neoprene Tablet Pouch
Cute OWLS [Black] Retro Case for APPLE IPAD MINI Neoprene Tablet Pouch
Offered by Neopulse

4.0 out of 5 stars love the design, 27 Jun. 2014
I have a similar Kindle case to this one and when I got my iPad, I knew right away that this is what I'd want. It's a good case, good quality and such but my one problem is that it's ever so slightly too big for an iPad mini, so it would slip out a lot quite easily. It's fine if you're using it mostly indoors and don't tend to carry much more than your iPad, but there were a couple of times that it very nearly slipped out of my grasp completely. Use with caution

Heart on a Plate: Heart-Shaped Food For the Ones You Love
Heart on a Plate: Heart-Shaped Food For the Ones You Love
by Emma Marsden

5.0 out of 5 stars adorable!, 27 Jun. 2014
I bought this for my mam's birthday and she loves it. It really is a very cute book full of lots of lovely recipes. I'd recommend it on its adorableness alone.

LEGO® Movie Ring Binder
LEGO® Movie Ring Binder

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: LEGO® Movie Ring Binder (Toy)
It's a little bit stiff but otherwise good. I bought this to store my notes for my masters degree (come on, I have to get some sort of enjoyment from it haha) and the middle rings are a little bit stiff, but otherwise its great. The file is of great quality and I would recommend it.

Nutella
Nutella
by Véronique Cauvin

4.0 out of 5 stars its in french, 27 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Nutella (Hardcover)
I bought this for my mam's birthday and stupid me didn't check the description. For all those wondering, this book is in French. I suppose the author's name should have given it away, but alas, I didn't find out until it arrived in the post and I was mortified. As it happens, I speak French fairly well so it hasn't been a massive problem, but in future I will definitely read the description!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8