Profile for John R. Wade > Reviews

Russell Hobbs 18782 Dorchester 2-Slice Toaster, Black
Russell Hobbs 18782 Dorchester 2-Slice Toaster, Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Downright dangerous., 4 Oct. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm giving this toaster 1 star because I can't give it none. It made a loud bang and caught fire. Don't even think about buying one.

Logitech MX Ergo Advanced Wireless Trackball/Mouse for PC, Mac and Windows
Logitech MX Ergo Advanced Wireless Trackball/Mouse for PC, Mac and Windows

5.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative to conventional mouse for heavy users, 30 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am a heavy CAD user and do a lot of gaming so I have some pretty strong opinions when it comes to mice, and I like this one.
I have been using it at work, so if there are configurable buttons I can't use them as I can't install software there, but it just plugged in and worked with W7 and W10.
Being Logitech, it's well made and everything works. It fits the hand well and it doesn't have 'stylish' lumps and bumps - it's just a nice, smooth, ergonomic blob. Using the trackball instead of dragging a mouse round the desk is an easy switch. As it's a different action to using a mouse I have been mixing it with a regular mouse to reduce fatigue and it works well for that - it moves the effort from the forefinger to the thumb, and my arm stays flat on my desk so there's no shoulder strain. It also occupies less desk space - a consideration for people with limited space.
The left / right scrolling on the scroll wheel is a welcome addition, but I keep forgetting it's there as it's not as prevalent on regular mice as I would like so I'm not conditioned to expect it.
For FPS gaming I don't think it's as precise as a high precision mouse, but for work it's a great choice.

Natures Aid Multi-Vitamin and Minerals Drops for Infants and Children (50 ml, 9 Essential Vitamins and Minerals, Orange Flavour, Dropper Included, Sugar Free, Made in the UK)

3.0 out of 5 stars Taste pretty nasty, so getting kids to take them is hard., 17 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Assuming the vitamin content is as advertised, which one must, then there are a few things about this product which stop it being outstanding:

It's supplied with a graduated glass dropper which is very easy to use and get doses right, but a bit hard to clean. On balance, I like it, but it's not perfect.

My little boys refused to swallow any more after the first dose. Actually getting it into them is pretty important so I had a few mouthfuls to see why, and it tastes pretty nasty. The orange flavour doesn't really hide the harsh underlying taste, so we sneak it into their drinks. This is an unnecessary annoyance bearing in mind they stand and whine for chewy vitamins. I know what I'll be getting them in future.

That's about it really, If your kids are old enough for chewy vitamins, give them those instead as persuading or tricking them into swallowing these is a chore.

Premier Housewares Hanging Rail with Wheels
Premier Housewares Hanging Rail with Wheels

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly surprised, 16 Sept. 2017
I expected this to be a bit rubbish but can't fault it. Well made mouldings and well finished and deburred tube sections made making a sturdy little hanging rail a cinch. No sharp edges, nothing needed persuading, nothing to complain at.

Ariel 3-in-1 With Febreze Washing Capsules 114 Washes - Pack of 3
Ariel 3-in-1 With Febreze Washing Capsules 114 Washes - Pack of 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective cleaning, a bit gimmicky., 13 Sept. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like capsules - they are less fuss than liquid or scoops of powder, but it's not all gravy, hence only 4 stars. Here's what's good and bad:

They feel quite clammy compared with other pods, and they leave my hands smelly after handling them, so they are obviously sweating product.
They take more rinsing - I have added a couple of rinses (up to 5) and there are still visible bubbles at the end of the cycle. As it's been summer, the softener is a bit of a waste as we dry outdoors when we can.

But, on the plus side, they smell nice and get stuff clean, and even with one capsule instead of the recommended two they got my little boy's PE kit clean. I'll switch back to the detergent only pods when these run out though, the added features do nothing for me.

I'm unsure about the necessity of the fragrance to be frank: I think it's a gimmick. But their cleaning efficacy is undeniable.

Bulk Hardware BH04284 50mm (2 inch) Solid Drawn Brass Butt Hinge - Pack of 2
Bulk Hardware BH04284 50mm (2 inch) Solid Drawn Brass Butt Hinge - Pack of 2

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay i guess., 6 Sept. 2017
The holes are pretty much drilled at random which means replacing an existing hinge is very hit and miss

Everbuild SURVEYYE Surveyline Marker Spray Yellow 700  ml
Everbuild SURVEYYE Surveyline Marker Spray Yellow 700 ml

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much pressure, 6 Sept. 2017
I was working on loose earth and this aerosol blew too hard and making a mark was very difficult. I got a can from my local builders merchant which was much more use able.

Sunnytech® Solar Steady on Leds Light Traffic Sign Brick Dock Deck Road Studs Grass Garden Light (Yellow Steady ON)
Offered by Funtech

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work. At all., 20 Aug. 2017
Apart from being completely inert, it looks just like the picture. Sadly, that's not a difference I can overlook as I bought a light, not a paperweight. I gave it 2 sunny days to try and charge up, but to no avail.

Hi-Vis Yellow Warning Paint - 180ml
Hi-Vis Yellow Warning Paint - 180ml
Offered by Madiha Naseer

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply, bright strong colour., 19 Aug. 2017
I needed 2 coats but it dries fast without runs. Cannot be cleaned off brushes with white spirit so don't waste your time.

Bahco PG-19 Expert Bypass Lopper-Telescopic
Bahco PG-19 Expert Bypass Lopper-Telescopic

5.0 out of 5 stars Not super - heavyweight but flexible, useable and tough, 19 Aug. 2017
This is quite a serious toy. I have some bigger loppers but these get a lot of use as they are telescopic and cut most of the things I have to cut. I reckon they'll go through wood up to 30mm green.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20