Profile for Kolchak > Reviews

Content by Kolchak

Kolchak

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
PowerGen 8400mAh Dual USB Port External Battery Pack Power Bank Backup Charger with Built-In Flashlight for Smart phones, Android Phones, iPad mini, iPhone 5 (Lightning adapters not included), iPhone 4S, Samsung Galaxy S4, S3, S2, HTC One X / V / S, Sensation, EVO, Nokia Lumia 920 N9, Motorola Razr, Blackberry Z10, Sony Xperia Z, Google Nexus 4 and More

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 1 Aug. 2013
I have bought 2 of these now in the last 4 months for family members. They're brilliant. Both were going on long haul flights and wanted to keep various items topped up. Once they got back home they still tended to charge the pack up over night then use it during the afternoon and evening to charge their phone a few times.

Its a great little product

New Trent 15W 5V@2A/1A Dual high-speed USB port car charger w/ Free Full Speed Micro-USB Charging Cable (NT88C)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for me, 1 Aug. 2013
Had this for nearly 2 months now and works great for me. I got it to keep my Nokia Lumia 920 topped up when using CoPilot GPS software. Works a treat. Doesn't get hot like some other chargers do either.

I would recommend this charger

Microsoft Surface RT/Surface 2 Case Sleeve by MetricUSA in Black and Red
Microsoft Surface RT/Surface 2 Case Sleeve by MetricUSA in Black and Red

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 1 Aug. 2013
This is a great sleeve for a Surface tablet. Fits snug and feels as if it gives great protection to my tablet.

As another reviewer pointed out it reminds me of a hot water bottle too. In fact that's what I call it :)

Happy I got this

Hellfire
Hellfire

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent enough read, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Hellfire (Kindle Edition)
I'm comparing this book with Ed's other offering 'Apache'. I liked that book but this one, although similar, didn't get me as engrossed as 'Apache' did. Some bits were still interesting, especially the technical parts of the Apache helicopter itself, however it lacked something I can't quite put my finger on.

Advanced Acoustics Soundproofing Mat 3m by 1.25m by 2mm thin - 5kg/m2
Advanced Acoustics Soundproofing Mat 3m by 1.25m by 2mm thin - 5kg/m2
Offered by Advanced Acoustics

5.0 out of 5 stars Did what I needed it to do, 1 Aug. 2013
I bought this as part of a third party wall sound insulation project. The product did exactly what I expected it to do and have no complaints. I do however want to pass on 2 tips.

1. Don't underestimate how heavy this product is. Its supposed to be. That's how it works.
2. Wow does it smell! If you can, try and lay it out somewhere for a few days before you use it.

I'll definitely be getting more of this on the second part of my sound insulation project.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 27, 2014 9:57 AM GMT

Doomsday
Doomsday

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 1 July 2013
This review is from: Doomsday (Kindle Edition)
Ok, so this sort of story line has been done a few times before but I still found it a decent read. The characters were a little stereotypical for the type of book but again, it wasn't that bad. The story flowed well and writing was good. Definitely worth a read

Lethal Circuit: A Michael Chase Spy Thriller (Circuit Series Book 1)
Lethal Circuit: A Michael Chase Spy Thriller (Circuit Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 1 July 2013
I really enjoyed this book. Good characters and a good story line. One of those books where I thought to myself "One more chapter" and next minute a few had gone by.
Go on, read it

Angel in Hell
Angel in Hell

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite enjoyable, 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Angel in Hell (Kindle Edition)
I don't normally read the shorter page books (this is 100 pages) but I liked the sound of the synopsis. I'm not sure if this is the first book by the author. It feels that way as the text is really what is happening, not much of the extra stuff that explains surrounds, mood, background bits etc. Its not a long plot for the book which is a shame, it finishes rather quickly, however the author did add dimensions to the characters. They evolved through the book and I found I could relate to them in the story.

All in all I enjoyed the storyline and hope the next titles are a progression on the writing style.

The Samurai Strategy
The Samurai Strategy

1.0 out of 5 stars Too hard going, 1 Jun. 2013
Sorry to say I only got a third of the way through this book and couldn't continue. The story was really slow going, the constant Japanese phrases and explanations, the characters. Its probably that its just so different from his other books and not the kind of paced books I usually read.

Project Daedalus
Project Daedalus

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read but bad ending, 1 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Project Daedalus (Kindle Edition)
Like others I'd read Project Cyclops first and looked forward to another Hoover book. Again, the characters were good, I liked the plot, action was good but I think there were two things that let it down.

The end - There wasn't one really. It was just silly.
The Japanese quotes - Thomas seems to know his Japanese culture but after a while the Japanese words in the book got tiresome.

If someone asked if they should read the book I'd have to say yes, but probably make up your own ending when you get to it

Page: 1 | 2 | 3