Profile for Rowena > Reviews

Content by Rowena

Rowena

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
iPhone 6/6S Case, VRS Design [Champagne Gold] Clear Back Slim Fit Shockproof Cover [Crystal Bumper] Premium Soft TPU Bumper with Edge Drop Protection Phone Case for Apple iPhone 6 (2014)/6S (2015)
Offered by VRS Design Official Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment. Could have been great., 26 Feb. 2017
I'm left underwhelmed with this product. It easily could have been 5*, however, whilst the design is gorgeous (simple but beautiful), the look and feel of the phone are exactly what I wanted and the colour matches the phone to a tee... this is so overpriced for how it's made. Two of the buttons stick and I can't press them properly which ruins the whole use of this phone case. It's made in two pieces so the rubber case goes on and then the (very flimsy) coloured plastic goes around the sides. Whilst the fit is spot on, I do feel again this is very cheaply made for the price but it's still the best case I've used on my 6s to date in terms of everything else I wanted. If I was guaranteed the next one not sticking and the buttons working properly then I'd consider repurchasing but not at the price it stands.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2017 2:54 PM GMT

Sony Xperia X Compact Case, AVIDET Shock-Absorption and Anti-Scratch Aerocraft Aluminum+PC Back Case Cover for Sony Xperia X Compact (Silver)
Offered by AVIDET UK

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 9 Nov. 2016
The case itself does not fit the advertised phone. It it too small. Refund requested.

OPI Avoplex Nail and Cuticle Replenishing Oil, 15 ml
OPI Avoplex Nail and Cuticle Replenishing Oil, 15 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money. (Updated review), 4 Feb. 2014
Unfortuantely, I cannot agree with the hype. I purchased this after seeing it so highly raved about on QVCuk and I've been wanting to try a cuticle oil for a while so I went for it.. What a waste of money.
First off the smell is incredibly offensive (to me anyway!) It genuinelly makes me feel quite ill! Secondly.. It does the complete opposite of what it promises and my cuticles and the skin on my fingers where I use it have started itching, peeling and even bleeding they've dried them out that much, seriously!
My excema has been aggravated due to this product and I'm now having to cut my nails down to skin since I've been using this product as my nails are breaking off.
Incredibly unimpressed, and I have been a fan and user of OPI nail polish for years so this comes as a major let down to me.

If I had to give one good credit to this product it would be the fact that no matter how much I use it doesn't seem to be going down much so it will last a heck of a long time. In the circumstances though, I just want rid of it! Thumbs down.

*UPDATE* After discontinuing use, The itching, bleeding and dryness has really calmed down and things are slowly coming back to normal! This confirms to me that OPI oil was the culprit! Its going right in the bin along with the cash I wasted on it.

chinkyboo 20PCS Mascara Wands Brushes For Eyelashes Extensions applicator
chinkyboo 20PCS Mascara Wands Brushes For Eyelashes Extensions applicator
Offered by Popamazing

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price can't complain, 9 Dec. 2013
I paid £2.18 (Free shipping) for these and for that I cannot complain. 20PCS will mean I never have to re-buy as I will only use to comb through brows, of which it does a good job. Unfortunately they are not of decent quality to apply mascara, they are too scratchy. Also, these are only the length of say your finger so they get lost in any makeup brush stand etc but all round, for a couple of pounds I don't feel money is wasted (although there are sellers selling 100PCS for the same price so consider how often you would use these and for what purpose) Took nearly 2 weeks to arrive.

LEIGHTON DENNY Crystal Nail File Set
LEIGHTON DENNY Crystal Nail File Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, 22 Oct. 2013
Ordered from seller 'Must have' yesterday afternoon and received this morning!!! Bare in mind I opted to pay the extra £5 for express delivery though... But still impressed.. I already own the small file which I brought seperately from Boots a few months ago and still going great but I saw this set advertised on QVC UK (£25 + £3.95 P&P) and instantly knew I must own the set! Rather than just pay for the large file (£15.50) and own the 2, I was sold on the lovely white leather case which holds the 2 files. Its not the greatest quality case I must say hense the 4 not 5 stars but all the same I am very happy with this purchase and whilst the small file is doing me just fine and I may not have necessarily needed this set... Its much worth the investment and makes a lovely item on display and keeps the files safe too. Bare in mind the larger file doesn't come in a case like the small one... (Another reason I wanted this set) All round very happy. Comes in a lovely white box with the Leighton Denny logo but just for the files themselves this is worth the price, the rest a bonus :)

L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Correcting Serum 30ml
L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Correcting Serum 30ml
Offered by Blue Herbs

2.0 out of 5 stars Let down., 27 Sept. 2013
I agree with the previous reviewer in that this product is below average.. It is £19.99 but I got it on sale this week in store for just under £14.. Still.. I am not happy.
I have sensitive skin which the lady in store said that wouldn't be a problem. My skin is also mainly dry but has started becoming slightly oilier on the forehead and chin.. I have blotchy, uneven skin tone with some visible pores and that's why I brought this product.. It just hasn't suited me. It is fragranced and smells awful, its not a silky smooth serum, infact its quite tacky and dries like superglue in my opinion, and its also broke me out in cystic acne and that was after ONE use!! My skin has become even more blotchy and also itchy and my redness and pores have got nothing but worse.. I would seriously think about it when buying this product. Don't be fooled by all the 5* ratings on blogs and the claim that the ingredients are the same as the Lancome serum.. I have tried to take it back to Boots today but they will not give me a refund or exchange so this along with the magic touch instant blur will be going in the bin along with my cash :( Very let down and wish I hadn't fallen for the hype.

The Blown Away Tour: Live [DVD] [2013] [NTSC]
The Blown Away Tour: Live [DVD] [2013] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Carrie Underwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh My Goodness... :) :), 7 Sept. 2013
I have adored Carrie Underwood since her 1st American Idol audition was aired and I have followed her ever since. I really believe Carrie and Country music in general doesn't get the recognition it deserves here in the UK and I would give anything for her to do an arena tour this side of the pond. I adore everything she does and her music will live with me forever.

This DVD isn't short of phenomenal. Her vocals are astounding, I've not seen live talent like it.

The track list let me down in the fact that "So small" wasn't on here. There were also a few other tracks I'd like to have heard live but she puts in a perfect enough show for that to be forgiven.

I hope one day I get a chance to be a part of her live show but for now this dvd will see me through and I hope with all my ♥ its not the last. I've waited so long for this that I already need more! Go buy it Carrie/Country fans! It will be an almighty worthwile purchase.

LEIGHTON DENNY Crystal Nail File in Aluminimum Case
LEIGHTON DENNY Crystal Nail File in Aluminimum Case
Offered by Just Beauty UK

3.0 out of 5 stars much better than standard emery boards, 7 Jun. 2013
As the title suggests.... This is 100x better than a standard emery board and worth an investment as crystal nail files are the best of the lot.
However.. I'm not sure this is worth the £12.50 price I paid recently on Boots.com as I still get the (hard to describe) skin/very thin nail bit at the tops of the nail when I file and then have to file them off in the same way I do with an emery board BUT this isn't as bad at it. This also claims to not produce any shavings as you file which is also false. Thank God for the case as I've heard many story of these snapping in half. I think next time I will purchase the OPI crystal nail file instead as that has a better shape whereas this is flat. Worth a go though

OPI Thats Hot Pink Nail Lacquer Brights Collection 15ml
OPI Thats Hot Pink Nail Lacquer Brights Collection 15ml

5.0 out of 5 stars OPI that's hot! pink review, 16 May 2013
Brought from "Beautiful Ebuyers" and they deserve the 100% positive feedback. Brand new item, unused and 2 days delivery :)

This pink is fantastic. I've been looking for a neon looking pink but without the matte effect and this is IT!! Bright neon looking pink but shiny :)
The consistency is great. 2 coats is all that's needed. Quick dry too. Perfect

I've been wearing this now for nearly a week and so far its 97% chip free :)

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars A splash of grenadine., 30 Jan. 2013
I agree with the previous reviewer that whilst this nail polish is a gorgeous colour, it does take at-least 3 coats to make it opaque.. Unfortunately, this formula isn't long lasting and is chipped to bits the very next day. Whilst I love the colour, I give this 3* because of the lack of opaque-ness, the fact it really doesn't last, and also the fact this is not a unique colour. If, like myself, you are a fan of girly pink nail colours then the chances are that you already own something incredibly similar, if not a dupe to this colour.. I already own OPI if you moust you moust and this is incredibly close. I found the pictures on blogs and google and the picture here on Amazon to be misleading as it looks like a lovely purple colour whereas it's very pink, not purple at all. Not to my eye atleast! If you're looking for a lovely purple/lavender/violet toned polish then this isn't it and I would suggest OPI lucky lucky lavender or Max Factor Diva violet.. If you are wanting a dark baby pink then this is for you.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5